• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

Danielson out for todays game (no update yet) and Tuomisto demoted to the second pair. Danielson has looked great, and his offense has been consistent and noticeable. I’ve also liked Lombardi, Sodorblom, Hanas, and Wallinder. Kasper has generated so many quality chances but hasn’t finished yet. He needs to work on his shot and then he’ll be okay.

If Cossa is a dud, here is the resulting trade tree:

To DET: DAL 1st (Cossa)
To DAL: WSH 1st (Johnston) + NYR 2nd (Grushnikov) + OTT 5th (Bar)

To DET: Vrana + Panik + WSH 1st (Johnston) + WSH 2nd (Buchnelikov)
To WSH: Mantha

To DET: Staal + NYR 2nd (Grushnikov)
To NYR: Futures

To DET: Verbeek + OTT 5th (Bar)
To MTL: Merrill

To DET:

So in exchange for Mantha, Staal, and Merrill...
We got back: Cossa and Buchnelikov

If Cossa is a dud, Buchnelikov better be pretty good, or we seriously lost these trades.

Edited by bIueadams

24 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Cossa has given up 14 goals in this Tournament, Including 6 today in less than 1 1/2 period. The guy is a major joke. Yzerman made a major mistake not taking Jesper Wallstedt instead.

f*** that. 

He shouldn’t have taken either goalie in the first round. Way too risky as we’re finding out now. 

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Step back from the ledge fellas. It’s a prospect tournament. Let’s maybe see how he looks after a year in the AHL. He is, after all, 20 years old.

f*** that!

Nyquististhsfuture, John Scott, Scott Wheeler and everyone at The Athletic not named Max called it. The Yzerplan is mid 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

You guys are so reactionary. Vile Jusso didn’t play an NHL game until he was 26 years old. Didn’t become one of the leagues 32 (maybe fewer) full time starters until he was 27. We have an example of why we shouldn’t panic on OUR team right NOW. 

Goalies can take time. Relax. 

39 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Step back from the ledge fellas. It’s a prospect tournament. Let’s maybe see how he looks after a year in the AHL. He is, after all, 20 years old.

Exactly.  Cossa looks this bad in a prospect tournament.  The competition he faces is only going to get better from here.

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

You guys are so reactionary. Vile Jusso didn’t play an NHL game until he was 26 years old. Didn’t become one of the leagues 32 (maybe fewer) full time starters until he was 27. We have an example of why we shouldn’t panic on OUR team right NOW. 

Goalies can take time. Relax. 

VILLE HUSSO? 

Goalies like that can be had for 3rd rounders. 

Yzer-dink wasted a first on Cossa. 

Probably cuz dumb dumb Draper liked his character or something. 

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

VILLE HUSSO? 

Goalies like that can be had for 3rd rounders. 

Yzer-dink wasted a first on Cossa. 

Probably cuz dumb dumb Draper liked his character or something. 

Draper is lucky Mazur has been good so far, otherwise I'm less than impressed 

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Not to mention our defense in this tournament amounts to 6 traffic cones.

46 minutes ago, mackel said:

Not to mention our defense in this tournament amounts to 6 traffic cones.

Yeah, I'm not not too worried. I do agree that he better have a solid year in the AHL this year though because eyes are definitely on him now.

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

f*** that! 

I’m going full @mackel on Cossa and I won’t shut up until he’s a corpse. 

I respect this...  be warned it's a dark path.  If you're eventually proven right, only a few will acknowledge it... the rest will re-write their own history. 

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah, I'm not not too worried. I do agree that he better have a solid year in the AHL this year though because eyes are definitely on him now.

Wallinder basically needs to carry the defense at this tournament. The rest of the core sucks. Gibson? Looks like another typical Drapes pick. Tuomisto is not good. He only played 10 min a night at university and then quit uni for that very reason. I don't see that anything has changed.

Cossa is starting to upset me. I haven't given up on him, but the amount we sacrificed to get the assets that we ultimately traded to get him stings.

IMO, trading up in general is always a bad idea. Costs too much to obtain a slightly better lottery ticket. But I trusted SY on that one since he's been so good so far. But this might bite him. Yzerman's humanity EXPOSED.