• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

The 91 of Ryans

New New Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Im watching the Griffins tonight and Cossa is looking sharp. Pretty encouraging to see him coming along.

Cossa has fuqqing sucked so far lmao

Only bright spot on the griffs is Mazur

11 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I'm really hoping it wasn't a mistake passing on Wallstedt. 

It was.

12 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

But maybe Yzerman can get himself another good young goalie. Askarov? 

Wallstedt and Askarov are the top 2 young goalies not in the NHL right now.

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Alnefelt?

sucks.

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

In a game where the Griffins gave up 7 goals, Simon Edvinsson had two points and didn’t get scored on while he was on the ice. He’s too good for the AHL. 

Coincidentally we have several defensemen who aren't good enough for the NHL. 

Last night's game was pretty damning for the Griffins' veteran leadership. Anybody who follows the AHL knows that the teams that generally make the playoffs are those with a lot of AHL veterans in key positions. For Grand Rapids that's guys like Hirose, L'Esperance, Spezia, Shine, Didier, Gettinger, etc. Those guys got absolutely exposed last night. The Griffs gave up 5 even strength goals and Hirose, Didier (the captain), and McIsaac were on the ice for three apiece. None of our young defenders (Edvinsson, Wallinder, Johansson) got scored on at all.

Offensively the young guys led the way again, with Hanas, Berggren, and Lombardi each scoring to keep the game respectable. Spezia was the only vet that scored. L'Esperance was the Griffins leading goal scorer a year ago, he's got no goals and 2 assists through 11 games. Hirose and Gettinger are the only vets providing any real offense and they're getting caved defensively most nights.

In a league where veteran leadership really matters, the Griffs are sorely lacking. But don't let that fool you into thinking the kids aren't playing well. They're the only bright spots on the team.

Simon Edvinsson is WAY too good to be in the AHL and we need to get him on the team pronto. I'm having a hard time figuring out what the team is trying to accomplish here. Lalonde said Edvinsson won't get called up so long as they have 7 healthy dmen. But he's obviously better than 4 (maybe 5) of them. I understand showcasing guys before the deadline and all, but we can't be throwing away points at this time of year and he's quite obviously a difference maker.

8 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Simon Edvinsson is WAY too good to be in the AHL and we need to get him on the team pronto. I'm having a hard time figuring out what the team is trying to accomplish here. Lalonde said Edvinsson won't get called up so long as they have 7 healthy dmen. But he's obviously better than 4 (maybe 5) of them. I understand showcasing guys before the deadline and all, but we can't be throwing away points at this time of year and he's quite obviously a difference maker.

Who you gonna send down? It would be a bad look.

8 hours ago, kipwinger said:

All I can think is that they have such high hopes for this unicorn man that they want him to destroy the AHL first. Also the Wings are finally playing well defensively. Unless things get really dicey let Edvinsson play 25 minutes a night in GR. 

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

All I can think is that they have such high hopes for this unicorn man that they want him to destroy the AHL first. Also the Wings are finally playing well defensively. Unless things get really dicey let Edvinsson play 25 minutes a night in GR. 

I mean, he already is destroying the AHL. He's on pace for 50 pts. on the season. That's insane for a 20 year old defenseman. But your point is taken.