• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ely s

2022 TDL

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

His vax status MAY have cost him a job in Detroit.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I dont think Bertuzzi should be traded because of it. IF SY does, it would be about the only thing we dont agree on.

1 hour ago, bIueadams said:

Yet you just suggested Bertuzzi is losing his job because of his Vax status.

No I didn't. I said it MAY have cost him his job. SY can disagree with the protocols, and even agree with Bert's decision, but if the games missed is making a significant negative impact on the team, he may find it better to trade him than keep him. Regardless of how he personally feels about any of it.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

No I didn't. I said it MAY have cost him his job. SY can disagree with the protocols, and even agree with Bert's decision, but if the games missed is making a significant negative impact on the team, he may find it better to trade him than keep him. Regardless of how he personally feels about any of it.

"Suggested"

If Yzerman cared about games lost he would have traded him b4 the Canadian road trips. Not after. Right when Canada is lifting restrictions. Your logic makes no sense. 

Bertuzzi has told Yzerman that he is "open" to be moved. I am sure not because he hates it here or anything like that, BUT, the state of this team at the moment, I believe that Bertuzzi will be way past his prime before The Wings are serious perennial Cup contenders. He probably figures it's better to get traded now, to a contender and possibly win a few Cups, rather than work hard the next few seasons at building this team, then get traded at 30 years old. But, on the same hand he hasn't "asked" for a trade, nor has Yzerman said he is on the market. Yzerman said they were "open for business" and only a few are untouchable. I'm sure Bertuzzi would love to stay and win a Cup (or two) here, but I am also sure he told Yzerman he is "open" to be moved because why not win a Cup sooner? This is all just my interpretation of this, I just cannot wait to see the return for Bertuzzi (if dealt) with all the 1st's being thrown around so far!

9 hours ago, marcaractac said:

So you give up a 2022 1st, 2022 2nd, Wallinder, McIsaac for a pending UFA? If Stevie wanted him that bad I'm sure he'd just go for it July 1st. 

If you're trading assets for a dman as a rebuilding team, you go after a guy like Chychrun. Not Lindholm. A guy who still has plenty of team control left. 

I mentioned Lindholm being offered as signed to 8/8 to start.  First you dont know how NHL UFA rules work.  Now you dont know how a sign and trade works.  Jesus, Marc.  Youre demoted to the LGW fantasy accounting department.  Go collect fantasy season ticket fees!!

Just so everyone is clear, go and do your research on picks 21 thru 32 over the last 10 years.  Theres David Pasternak (all star), then about 3 good NHL regulars, then about 7 more decent NHL regulars, then about 90% LOS STINKOS.  Tampa giving up pick 31 in 2022 and pick 32 in 2023 doesnt carry a lot of risk on their part.  The good move for a gm is to package picks in that range to get bumped up into the 11-20 range.

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

"Suggested"

Did not suggest he is being shopped for that reason. If Bert gets traded, his vax status may be a part of it tho.

3 hours ago, bIueadams said:

If Yzerman cared about games lost he would have traded him b4 the Canadian road trips. Not after. Right when Canada is lifting restrictions. Your logic makes no sense. 

I disagree. SY knew this team was not a contender before the season started. Losing him for those Canadian games was a lesser evil then trading Bert for scraps. Bert's value was much lower to start the season because of his vax status. That would not have been a good time to trade him.

Yzerman may have waited because he was hoping that Bert might cave to pressure from his team and the media and get vaxxed, and/or he was hoping restrictions would be removed quickly. SY may have also been hoping that Bert would play well enough that teams (especially in the Metro and Central) would not be swayed by his vax status.

Waiting until the TDL to trade him was the smart move, whether or not SY was displeased with losing him for those Canadian games.

Also, I wouldnt count out a future return to border restrictions. Its not like CoVid is going away anytime soon. That may play into Yzerman's future plans as well.

27 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Did not suggest he is being shopped for that reason. If Bert gets traded, his vax status may be a part of it tho.

I disagree. SY knew this team was not a contender before the season started. Losing him for those Canadian games was a lesser evil then trading Bert for scraps. Bert's value was much lower to start the season because of his vax status. That would not have been a good time to trade him.

Yzerman may have waited because he was hoping that Bert might cave to pressure from his team and the media and get vaxxed, and/or he was hoping restrictions would be removed quickly. SY may have also been hoping that Bert would play well enough that teams (especially in the Metro and Central) would not be swayed by his vax status.

Waiting until the TDL to trade him was the smart move, whether or not SY was displeased with losing him for those Canadian games.

Also, I wouldnt count out a future return to border restrictions. Its not like CoVid is going away anytime soon. That may play into Yzerman's future plans as well.

you implied

Giordano traded

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/maple-leafs-acquire-defenceman-mark-giordano-from-kraken/

1 hour ago, ely s said:

Should've gotten more. I am assuming injuries played a part.

1 hour ago, town123 said:

Hampus Lindholm 8/52 with Bruins.   

That is very good value.

Honestly kind of hope namestnikov stays. He's the kind of energy middle six forward that any team could use. Wouldn't hate holding onto him for the rest of the season (also not opposed to trading of course). 

Hope he's signed this off season whether he's traded or not 

4 hours ago, town123 said:

I wish he would have waited until the offseason to figure out that the Wings were his best choice, esp at that price tag.

Yeah the off-season is basically f***ed now that Lindholm is gone. RIP.