• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

Eddog vs. Seider

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Edvinsson has Seider in skating ability, I believe.  But I believe Mo trumps him in all else.

Sven, what's Eddog gonna look like when he hits Traverse City next year?

Like the lovechild of Dolph Lundgren and Evgeni Plushenko

Or you mean hockey wise? Like the next generational Red Wings defenseman.

4 hours ago, bIueadams said:

They are similar in a lot of ways. Steady, smart, mobile, big.

Seider has much more offensive talent IMO and he lacks the nordic politeness on the ice.

Eddog has the bigger frame, but that's about it.

Do you think Seider skates better?  Edvinsson looks to be pretty slick for a big fella.

39 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Do you think Seider skates better?  Edvinsson looks to be pretty slick for a big fella.

I can't say. Seider is also a great skater.

I think it will come down to which one scores more since both are pretty beastly in their own ends. 

5 hours ago, RusDRW said:

What a nice thing to have them both. And also Soderblom who is even bigger than Edvinsson. This season is the first entertaining one since 2012 or so and the next will be even more interesting. 

You must pick a side. Godvinsson or Soider. 

40 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

You must pick a side. Godvinsson or Soider. 

Semen Edvinsson = 16 pts in 37 games in the SHL
Motown Seider = 28 pts in 41 games in the SHL

You're already losing

1 minute ago, bIueadams said:

Semen Edvinsson = 16 pts in 37 games in the SHL
Motown Seider = 28 pts in 41 games in the SHL

You're already losing

Edvinsson is a year younger than Seider was...

It´s really a difficult one but to me Seider´s checking and physicality gives him an edge.

10 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I am a Gray Jedi.

You're a gray old boomer

6 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

D+1 vs D+2. Try again. 

6 minutes ago, ely s said:

Edvinsson is a year younger than Seider was...

It´s really a difficult one but to me Seider´s checking and physicality gives him an edge.

Seider was in the AHL already at that point. Kid was already ahead of Edb*tch even back then.

3 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

You're a gray old boomer

Seider was in the AHL already at that point. Kid was already ahead of Edb*tch even back then.

’Ello, I am Mobitz. Have you seen my big bowl of candy?

9 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

’Ello, I am Mobitz. Have you seen my big bowl of candy?

"Boy Mick that Edvinsson is such a calming presence on the ice"
"Hitting, shooting, skating, the kid does it all calmly Ken"
"I'm feeling calmer just watching him!"
"Oh and Marchand just slewfoot Edvinsson behind the play"
"Edvinsson didn't even react, he's just so calm"
"And Edvinsson calmly skates back to rejoin the play"

Both are good. I'd break down their tools like this:

Better Shot: Seider

Better Passer: Edvinsson

Better Skater: Edvinsson

Better Physicality: Seider

Better Transition: Edvinsson

Better Hockey IQ: Seider

Better Defense: Seider

Better 5on5 scorer: Edvinsson

Better PK: Seider

Better PP: Seider

They're really alike in a lot of ways but different in one big way. Edvinsson is WAY more aggressive on offense. He jumps up into plays, will skate with the puck below the goal line, and relies a lot more on his physical tools. Seider is more conservative in the offensive zone, tends to make plays from the dots back, and (despite his nearly impressive physical tools) relies on his smarts.

Right now Seider is better by a fair margin because he understands the game so much better. If Edvinsson develops a good shot (which he currently lacks) it will be a lot closer.

Edited by kipwinger

18 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Both are good. I'd break down their tools like this:

Better Shot: Seider

Better Passer: Edvinsson

Better Skater: Edvinsson

Better Physicality: Seider

Better Transition: Edvinsson

Better Hockey IQ: Seider

Better Defense: Seider

Better 5on5 scorer: Edvinsson

Better PK: Seider

Better PP: Seider

They're really alike in a lot of ways but different in one big way. Edvinsson is WAY more aggressive on offense. He jumps up into plays, will skate with the puck below the goal line, and relies a lot more on his physical tools. Seider is more conservative in the offensive zone, tends to make plays from the dots back, and (despite his nearly impressive physical tools) relies on his smarts.

Right now Seider is better by a fair margin because he understands the game so much better. If Edvinsson develops a good shot (which he currently lacks) it will be a lot closer.

IMO most of these things are too close to call between the two of them to say either has a real advantage. The clear advantage I see with Seider is his physicality and offensive prowess are a head above Edvinsson, and it looks like only the tip of the iceberg for him in those departments.

Edvinsson on the other hand might possibly have a super high ceiling. Like Hedman level ceiling. But much like Hedman it might take him 4-7  seasons to get there.  I'm not positive he will have the same impact as Seider in his first season.

Just now, bIueadams said:

IMO most of these things are too close to call between the two of them to say either has a real advantage. The clear advantage I see with Seider is his physicality and offensive prowess are a head above Edvinsson, and it looks like only the tip of the iceberg for him in those departments.

Edvinsson on the other hand might possibly have a super high ceiling. Like Hedman level ceiling. But much like Hedman it might take him 4-7  seasons to get there.  I'm not positive he will have the same impact as Seider in his first season.

Totally agree, with few exceptions all of these are REALLY close. I was just forcing myself to make a judgement call. It's even closer when you compare them at the same age. Like, Seider was way more physical a year ago in Sweden than he was two years ago (the same age Edvinsson is now) in the AHL. And two years ago Seider's shot wasn't obviously better either. In their D+1 year they're almost identical except that Edvinsson is just much more aggressive offensively and Seider is so much smarter (especially positionally).

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Totally agree, with few exceptions all of these are REALLY close. I was just forcing myself to make a judgement call. It's even closer when you compare them at the same age. Like, Seider was way more physical a year ago in Sweden than he was two years ago (the same age Edvinsson is now) in the AHL. And two years ago Seider's shot wasn't obviously better either. In their D+1 year they're almost identical except that Edvinsson is just much more aggressive offensively and Seider is so much smarter (especially positionally).

This thread will end up becoming a circle jerk for the two of them rather than a flame war.

I do agree Seider is the smarter Dman right now - that's why he's having such an impact in his rookie season. But Ed seems to be a mature and a quick learner as well. I won't be surprised if he duplicates Seider's performance in his rookie season at all.

We're extremely lucky to have both players. Together they will be the pillars of the team for the next 15-20 years.

4 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This feels good. Like the days when we could compare and contrast Datsyuk and Zetterberg. 

We have possibly not just one Hedman, but two Hedmans. That's a good spot to be in. We're gonna end up spending 25-30 million on our blue alone though lmao.

49 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

This feels good. Like the days when we could compare and contrast Datsyuk and Zetterberg. 

I was just thinking the same thing, what a good position to be in.

When was the last time we had 2 defensemen we could be this excited about? 

2 minutes ago, Rick D said:

I was just thinking the same thing, what a good position to be in.

When was the last time we had 2 defensemen we could be this excited about? 

IDK about you, but I'm still excited about Xavier Ouellet and Ryan Sproul