• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Wing Hire HC Derek Lalonde, AC Bob Boner, AC Varaday, and GC Westlund

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yes. But it seems the majority of people think the Wings are not necessarily picking well. Pronman has Seider ranked 12th on his U23 list behind Caufield, Zegras, and Cozens - all guys taken after Seider. He buried Kasper on this list too. An 8th overall pick getting totally erased. Dom Luszczyszyn said Detroit has no difference makers or elite players. It's easy to call these guys penis-less fuktard beta cuks but maybe they're right and we're wrong? 

Habs fans think Lane Hutson is the next Karlsson. They're clearly crazy but they can't see it and you can't talk to them.

Are we crazy too? Is it time to start questioning management? 

My faith in management pretty much hinges entirely on whether or not the top 10 picks pan out

Time to talk about sacking this guy.

Currently he's 68-63-16 as a head coach. 

There's been some head-scratcher decision making. Refusing to seperate Chiarot and Seider his first year. Pounding the table to acquire Petry, who's been bad. Not playing Lyon while Husso and Reimer floundered. Moving Debrincat away from his sweet spot on the PP. Overusing Perron. Forcing Seider to play like a robot. To name a few.

But he's also done some good. Team has looked inspired at times. He helped lure Kane here. Raymond shows improvement. Hes found chemistry with lines like Ras-Copp-Fish. Eventually found chemistry with Walman and Seider. To name a few.

Just like with a young player, he's a young coach with a learning curve it seems.

What frustrates me the most though, is the team falling apart when games matter. That is a huge red flag for me. Twice now weve been in a close playoff hunt and the team has regressed into a clump of mush at the TDL. Hes like a player who can score 80 pts in the reg season, but then dissapears in the playoffs. Ultimately that player/coach is worthless if they cant perform or prepare their team when it really matters. 

And you just know he and SY sat down b4 the TDL to talk route of the club, and Derek told him he belives in this team, dont sell, and SY met him in the middle by not buying or selling. And now look at us... Derek is gonna lose some serious clout with the big man when he fails to make the playoffs after this.

Does anyone else know how long his contract is? I think i have enough patience for one more year, but i wont be willing to stick with this guy if he fails to get over this hump for a 3rd straight year.

11 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Is it me, or have coaches out there been fired for less?

Other than some dumb luck and a few impressive wins - Newsie once again appears to be about as capable as what we had in Blashill.

That's the thing... with this roster these are Blashill results.

So why TF we even bother firing Jeff?

Well, Lambert is available again lol and Lindy Ruff, and Mclellan, and Babs, and Q. Anyone im missing? The ever elusive Torts still evades us...

1 minute ago, Troy McClure said:

That's the thing... with this roster these are Blashill results.

So why TF we even bother firing Jeff?

Well, Lambert is available again lol and Lindy Ruff, and Mclellan, and Babs, and Q. Anyone im missing? The ever elusive Torts still evades us...

There's also Berube, but honestly I think we should look outside the box...Go for someone who's got a background in motivation...Someone unique...

rROZ06.gif

1 hour ago, Motor City Mullets said:

Is it me, or have coaches out there been fired for less?

Other than some dumb luck and a few impressive wins - Newsie once again appears to be about as capable as what we had in Blashill.

Ruff was fired for less 

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — New Jersey Devils general manager Tom Fitzgerald ripped his underperforming team and himself for                causing the firing of Lindy Ruff less than a year after the veteran coach led the franchise to its best regular-season record.

Speaking less than a day after relieving Ruff of his coaching duties, Fitzgerald said Tuesday he waited as long as possible for              the team to turn things around but eventually fired his good friend after seeing the young team lose five of its last seven games            and fall further behind in the race for a wild-card playoff berth.

“It’s on all of us,” Fitzgerald said. “This is on all of us. I just spoke to the team, and a good man lost his job because of an                       underperforming team. Like I said, it starts with me up here. I’m the one creating this team. I’m trying to build this team                        around the pillars that we have.

Heck Paul Maurice fired himself

In December of the 2021-22 season, the Jets unexpectedly announced that Maurice was stepping down from his position as               head coach. 

Maurice said that he felt the team needed to hear a new message and that while the club was capable of turning around a                   poor start, he felt he was not the man to do so. 

"If you'll allow me some arrogance, I feel I'm better positioned than anyone to know that they need a new voice," Maurice                    said. "They haven't quit on me. But they need somebody that can get them to that next place."

Woodcroft was gone after losing a crap ton and we are almost in the same boat number wise

Jay Woodcroft is out as coach of the Edmonton Oilers after a team that was supposed to be a Stanley Cup contender lost 10               of its first 13 games. Woodcroft was fired Sunday at the end of the team's road trip, which wrapped up with a 4-1 win at                     Seattle on Saturday night

So do you get a new driver out out of the bag or simply keep hitting the same one and pray the hook/slice disappears over the next 18 games.

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

Current slide is 0-7

Goal differential of -25

We are averaging 1.7 goals a game.
Our opponents are averaging 5.3 a game

Good thing we still have Ghost, Sprong, and Kane, and Fisher.
Larkin should have asked for more money.

Here's a thing about Derek Lalonde that drives me insane. Is he aware that he can use timeouts for more than just challenges? Like, ya know, when you're team gets scored on twice in 5 seconds and they look like they're gonna cry? Maybe take a timeout buddy.

19 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Current slide is 0-7

Goal differential of -25

We are averaging 1.7 goals a game.
Our opponents are averaging 5.3 a game

Good thing we still have Ghost, Sprong, and Kane, and Fisher.
Larkin should have asked for more money.

If I were DBoss I'd sit out for the rest of this miserable season and demand a trade this summer...

22 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

If I were DBoss I'd sit out for the rest of this miserable season and demand a trade this summer...

Seriously, if we don't find an actual 2C in the offseason I'm going to make "Free Dylan Larkin" t-shirts to wear to every game I attend next year.

I cannot believe we've been looking for a 2C since we signed Stephen Weiss and we still don't have one.

9 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Seriously, if we don't find an actual 2C in the offseason I'm going to make "Free Dylan Larkin" t-shirts to wear to every game I attend next year.

I cannot believe we've been looking for a 2C since we signed Stephen Weiss and we still don't have one.

that worked out so well so maybe the organization is scared of 2Cs?

12 hours ago, kipwinger said:

You're not happy with Andrew Copp and his DPE scoring numbers?  

1 hour ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Dont worry our 2C is already in the org hes just 4-5 years away.

The best part of the Yzerplan is paying (6) 3rd/4th line centers (Compher, Copp, Fabbri, Rasmussen, Veleno, Fischer) 2nd line center money instead of signing a 1st line center (Stamkos) to play 2nd line center.  Because more is better.  And doing it with the defense is great planning as well.  Chiarot, Petry, Holl, and Gost at 11 mil is WAY better than Lindholm at 12 mil.  I mean, Lindholm is only a +80 in 2 seasons with Boston.  Terrible.  And it also works with goalies.  Get 3 mediocre goalies at 10 mil a season instead of a really good one and 2 prospects at 12 mil a season.  Really good goaltending is overrated.  

Can you imagine what our team could have shaped up to be if the Lindholm signing would have been handled right (at all and any cost)?

Debrincat-Larkin-Kane

Kasper-Stamkos-Raymond

Rasmussen-Veleno-Danielson

Kostin-Fischer-Mazur

Lindholm-Seider

Walman-Edvinsson

Maatta-Johansson

Helyebeuck

Cossa

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Kostin has three points in three games for San Jose? Maybe Derek was the problem?

And Zadina is 5th in points, Maybe it's always been Jeff Derek all along all the timmeeeeee

edit: my bad he's actually 4th now that Duclair and Hertl are off-roster

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

12 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

And Zadina is 5th in points, Maybe it's always been Jeff Derek all along all the timmeeeeee

I wanted to give him time, but he's not coming out of hot mess status.  He stinks.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

*psssssssst* so does Kostin (but don't tell anyone shhhhhhhhh) 

I don't think Kostin is "good", but he's plenty good enough to play on our 4th line so that we don't get physically humiliated by teams like Ottawa and Florida. That's what we acquired him to do, and then the coach just decided not to use him anymore. My point in mentioning his production in San Jose was both tongue-in-cheek, but also meant to show that he's not actually a bad player.

I don't understand recognizing that we get pushed around, making moves to address it (Kostin, Fischer, Holl) and then not really using these guys. Kostin is averaging 3 more minutes of icetime in San Jose and not surprisingly he's scoring a little more. Obviously it's a small sample size, and he's not going to score .75 ppg. But let's say he scored .30 points per game (roughly his career average). That's 24 points. Over the course of his career he's also roughly had as many assists as goals, so that 24 points breaks down to 12G and 12A. Conversely, Robby Fabbri (for example) is on pace for 36 points (21G, 15A) this season.

Now ask yourself which we need more, 9 extra goals/3 extra assists or the ability to fight back a little bit against the Tkachuks of the world?

17 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

We should probably bring him back. God knows SY can never have too many small(ish) one dimensional 10G, 10A wingers on his team.

36 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I don't think Kostin is "good", but he's plenty good enough to play on our 4th line so that we don't get physically humiliated by teams like Ottawa and Florida. That's what we acquired him to do, and then the coach just decided not to use him anymore. My point in mentioning his production in San Jose was both tongue-in-cheek, but also meant to show that he's not actually a bad player.

I don't understand recognizing that we get pushed around, making moves to address it (Kostin, Fischer, Holl) and then not really using these guys. Kostin is averaging 3 more minutes of icetime in San Jose and not surprisingly he's scoring a little more. Obviously it's a small sample size, and he's not going to score .75 ppg. But let's say he scored .30 points per game (roughly his career average). That's 24 points. Over the course of his career he's also roughly had as many assists as goals, so that 24 points breaks down to 12G and 12A. Conversely, Robby Fabbri (for example) is on pace for 36 points (21G, 15A) this season.

Now ask yourself which we need more, 9 extra goals/3 extra assists or the ability to fight back a little bit against the Tkachuks of the world?

Now ask yourself how shiddy Kostin must have been to not even be able to fill the role he had cornered the market on>I know we all get boners for muscle around here but c'mon

32 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

We should probably bring him back. God knows SY can never have too many small(ish) one dimensional 10G, 10A wingers on his team.

Agreed. He'd prob be an upgrade over Bergrren