• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

Extensions

Rate this topic

22 hours ago, bIueadams said:

Hey TBL season ticket holder who sits right behind the bench and heard DeAngelo say slurs there. Good to see you again.

You're right. I had it in my head that expiry for RFA was 26. Change Raymond to 3 year term and Berggren to 1.

Happy liar?

Ouch you hurt my wittle feeling, Calling me a liar for something you absolutely no nothing about.

22 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

So DeBrincat, Dumba, and Meier or DuBois?

DeBrincat and Dumba could be real possibilities.

10 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If we sign Debrincat and Konecny, Raymond might become the new Filip Zadina.  I'd wait to see how he looks with 13 minutes of 2nd and 3rd line / 2nd pp unit ice time before paying him anything.  There's a strong correlation between 14 min of 1st line / 4 min 1st pp unit ice time and scoring.

Sounds like Detroit is out of the running for Travis Konecny,Sounds like Danny Briere just wants way too much for him.

59 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Ouch you hurt my wittle feeling, Calling me a liar for something you absolutely no nothing about.

DeBrincat and Dumba could be real possibilities.

Sounds like Detroit is out of the running for Travis Konecny,Sounds like Danny Briere just wants way too much for him.

The Krug problem with the St Louis deal might change French boy's mind, yah?

3 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

I know TDA never suited up for Tampa. Liar.

11 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If we sign Debrincat and Konecny, Raymond might become the new Filip Zadina.  I'd wait to see how he looks with 13 minutes of 2nd and 3rd line / 2nd pp unit ice time before paying him anything.  There's a strong correlation between 14 min of 1st line / 4 min 1st pp unit ice time and scoring.

And today's bad take from Scott is...

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

And today's bad take from Scott is...

Yah, you're right.  We are going to pay top line RW Debrincat 7.5 mil a season for 8 years, and it wont affect Lucas Raymond at all.  They'll just stuff Alex at 3RW with Veleno and Fabbri and give him 11 mins a night an 25 secs of pp unit 2 time.  

Raymond

Perron

Debrincat

The FACT is that signing Debrincat means Raymond no longer plays with Larkin.  That will hurt him big time.  Like 20 pts a season big.  There is zero reason to give a 30 pt a season minus player big money.  You give him what you give 30 pt a season minus players - 2.5 mil a year until they hit UFA.  Raymond's contract will be in the range of 4 years x 2.5 mil as a bridge to his first UFA deal.  That's just how hockey works if you arent the team's best player.

4 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Yah, you're right.  We are going to pay top line RW Debrincat 7.5 mil a season for 8 years, and it wont affect Lucas Raymond at all.  They'll just stuff Alex at 3RW with Veleno and Fabbri and give him 11 mins a night an 25 secs of pp unit 2 time.  

Raymond

Perron

Debrincat

The FACT is that signing Debrincat means Raymond no longer plays with Larkin.  That will hurt him big time.  Like 20 pts a season big.  There is zero reason to give a 30 pt a season minus player big money.  You give him what you give 30 pt a season minus players - 2.5 mil a year until they hit UFA.  Raymond's contract will be in the range of 4 years x 2.5 mil as a bridge to his first UFA deal.  That's just how hockey works if you arent the team's best player.

Is there anything stopping Lalonde from playing them together?

Raymond-Larkin-Debrincat

Not enough puck for everyone maybe? But 30-40 goals each for the wingers and 100+ points for Larkin wouldn't be bad actually. 

19 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Is there anything stopping Lalonde from playing them together?

Raymond-Larkin-Debrincat

Not enough puck for everyone maybe? But 30-40 goals each for the wingers and 100+ points for Larkin wouldn't be bad actually. 

If we want Kubalik/Perron to be worthless at the trade deadline and a 22 year old to take us to arbitration for 6 mil a season, we can play Raymond alongside Larkin and Debrincat.  That didnt work out so great with Bertuzzi.  What we SHOULD do is make Lucas Raymond EARN his 6 million by making Copp and Kasper look good instead of giving him a big contract for Larkin's work.  If Raymond scores 50 pts on the 2nd line and makes his linemates better, I have zero issue with a commensurate contract.  But my guess is he'll take a huge nosedive and we'll find out what he's REALLY worth - 2.5 mil a season until he decides to work out in the offseason and focus on his fitness to make him a good player in both ends.  In that case, we give him a bridge deal and see what he does.  Contrary to popular LGW belief, we dont HAVE to let 3rd year players have imaginary leverage over the team.  Seider being the exception.  The entire planet knoes we're f u c k e d if Mo goes down right now.

11 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

If we want Kubalik/Perron to be worthless at the trade deadline and a 22 year old to take us to arbitration for 6 mil a season, we can play Raymond alongside Larkin and Debrincat.  That didnt work out so great with Bertuzzi.  What we SHOULD do is make Lucas Raymond EARN his 6 million by making Copp and Kasper look good instead of giving him a big contract for Larkin's work.  If Raymond scores 50 pts on the 2nd line and makes his linemates better, I have zero issue with a commensurate contract.  But my guess is he'll take a huge nosedive and we'll find out what he's REALLY worth - 2.5 mil a season until he decides to work out in the offseason and focus on his fitness to make him a good player in both ends.  In that case, we give him a bridge deal and see what he does.  Contrary to popular LGW belief, we dont HAVE to let 3rd year players have imaginary leverage over the team.  Seider being the exception.  The entire planet knoes we're f u c k e d if Mo goes down right now.

According to CapFriendly, Raymond isn't eligible for arbitration when he becomes RFA. But for sure, any player should EARN their contract. I agree 100%

I was thinking, what if Yzerman did pull off the Debrincat and Konecney? Where would that line people up?  Would a line of Konecny - Larkin - Debrincat be a great line?

Konecny - Larkin - Debrincat

Kubalik - Copp - Raymond

Fabbri - Veleno - Perron

Berggren - Rasmussen - ????

Edited by LeftWinger

4 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

According to CapFriendly, Raymond isn't eligible for arbitration when he becomes RFA. But for sure, any player should EARN their contract. I agree 100%

I was thinking, what if Yzerman did pull off the Debrincat and Konecney? Where would that line people up?  Would a line of Konecny - Larkin - Debrincat be a great line?

Konecny - Larkin - Debrincat

Kubalik - Copp - Raymond

Fabbri - Veleno - Perron

Berggren - Rasmussen - ????

We would be harder to play against.  That's for sure.  Would love to have Reaves and Mazur fill that 12 spot for injuries/nights against tough guy teams.

Konecny-Larkin-Debrincat

Kubalik-Copp-Raymond

Fabbri-Rasmussen-Perron

Berggren-Veleno-Kasper

Mazur/Reaves

Walman-Seider

Edvinsson-Krug

Chiarot-Maata

Wallinder

Husso

Lethemon

Gotta start drafting RHD.  The cupboard is bare there.

14 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Gotta start drafting RHD.  The cupboard is bare there.

Pelikka, Reinbacher and Willander are all RHD. If Yzerman goes D at 9 (or he could project that one of them would fall out of the top 10 and trade back?)  one of those could start to fill that cupboard. Although we do need the best C we can get. I read somewhere that Yzerman likes Will Smith (the hockey player, although he may enjoy getting jiggy with it once in a while too! :lol:) but he'd have to trade up a bit to draft him probably.

There are a couple of vet UFA RHD available to fill this years gap as well. Klinberg, Hamonic to name a couple. Maybe in the Debrincat trade, Yzerman can acquire Hamonic's UFA rights and get him signed before July 1?

Also, I am thinking we need a better 1B goalie. What about Vladar out of Calgary? Might cost a 4th to get. He's young enough, plus 2 years left on a contract, to split time with Husso, until Cossa (hopefully) rises through the ranks.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Pelikka, Reinbacher and Willander are all RHD. If Yzerman goes D at 9 (or he could project that one of them would fall out of the top 10 and trade back?)  one of those could start to fill that cupboard. Although we do need the best C we can get. I read somewhere that Yzerman likes Will Smith (the hockey player, although he may enjoy getting jiggy with it once in a while too! :lol:) but he'd have to trade up a bit to draft him probably.

There are a couple of vet UFA RHD available to fill this years gap as well. Klinberg, Hamonic to name a couple. Maybe in the Debrincat trade, Yzerman can acquire Hamonic's UFA rights and get him signed before July 1?

Also, I am thinking we need a better 1B goalie. What about Vladar out of Calgary? Might cost a 4th to get. He's young enough, plus 2 years left on a contract, to split time with Husso, until Cossa (hopefully) rises through the ranks.

I like Tyler Myers out of Van.  We could probably land Myers at 50% (3 mil) and a 2nd for McIsaac, then pump and dump him at the deadline.  We arent winning the cup this year.  We all know that.  So this year needs to be about using guys we can trade atthe deadline (Myers, Kubalik, Perron, Maata), sneaking into the playoffs with our youth movement ripping it up, then getting ready for a 2024 that starts a new era of competing for a cup.

1 hour ago, TimeBinder said:

What about elmer??  Is he gonn stay in GR??

Id prefer he start the season in GR. He looked talented, but ultimately not ready for the NHL. Then when he finally got sent down he didnt play very well in GR. 

39 minutes ago, bIueadams said:

Id prefer he start the season in GR. He looked talented, but ultimately not ready for the NHL. Then when he finally got sent down he didnt play very well in GR. 

Yah, this guy is not fit enough yet.  He needs a year to get his fitness together.