• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

2024 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

We are having so much fun this offseason debating frivolous things - I thought well heck - lets get ready for next offseason!

Debrincat - Larkin - Raymond
Rasmussen - Stamkos - Berggren
Fabbri - Copp - Compher
Kostin - Kasper - Soderblom
Veleno

Walman - Seider
Edvinsson - Petry
Martinez - Holl
Maata

Husso
Cossa

Tampa will have have $75 million against the cap and 15 players on the roster. Even if the cap goes up to $90 million this is only enough for $1.875 per roster spot to round out their team. Stamkos is the oldest player on the team, and IMO its time for them to redistribute his wealth elsewhere on the roster. They can't continue to plug holes with league min Zach Bogosians and Calvin DeHanns and Tyler Mottes etc. Their roster has become very top heavy (Leafs syndrome). I do think Stamkos will be released this coming summer. Stamwatch 2.0 will happen. SY would have an obvious inside edge with this player. And he would be the perfect veteran to come here and take the kids to the promised land. Thats the selling point for him. You've done it all Steven - heres your next challenge - take us to the promise land and make Tampa regret phasing you out. Steven also trusts SY intimately that he knows what hes doing with rosters.

Also add Alec Martinez on the backend. Another veteran who's won multiple cups on multiple teams and can mentor these kids through the process. He's from Rochester MI and has talked about being a Wings fan growing up.

I know Stammer is a pretty big add - but I think thats all we need to do. This team should have a steady trickle of prospects after this season. I think it's imperative to start adding vets who have been there done that. The only player on this roster that has won the cup is Compher the year before this last. Technically Fabbri has - but in a very limited role on that Blues team. Stammer and Martinez both have connections to Detroit and both have the most cup experience available next summer.

Regardless - there's lots of good players possibly available next year. Unlike this summer. Ones that peak my interest:

• LHD Devon Toews
  • C/RW Will Nylander
  • C/RW Sam Reinhart
  • G Connor Hellebuyck
  • C/RW Mark Scheifele
  • C/LW Jake Guentzel
  • LW Tyler Bertuzzi
  • C/LW Teuvo Teravainen
  • LHD Noah Hanafin

I also selfishly sort of want to add Corey Perry....

Zadorov is also available - that guy wrecks shop and would be fun to add.

5 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

When was the last time the Stammer Hammer actually played center?

IDK but he took more faceoffs than any other bolt player last year. I assume he's playing some.

Looks like he moved back to C in 2021.... retard

And he only plays W when he's paired with Point... stupid ******* idiot

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It was a legit question there pus-wang. I'm still not convinced that Point - Cirelli aren't their 1-2 

It was a good question. Coop likes to play x2 centers on a line so he has two faceoff men. Point, Cireli, Stammer cycle. Stammer moves to LW with Point, center with Cireli. And Point will sometimes move to RW with Stammer. A lot like Datsyuk and Zetterberg honestly.

Edited by bIueadams

https://octopusthrower.com/posts/3-forwards-detroit-red-wings-need-re-sign-01hq1j2rhqpj/3

Sprong, Fischer, Kane

I agree, we need to re-sign all three. Hopefully Sprong opts for term over a huge pay day. He'll still cost some bucks, but 4-5 years with a nice raise might be more attractive to him. Can't help if he prefers a huge increase though. 

2 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Is Fischer the most overrated Wing among the fan base? Hes good sure but hes not a must resign like so many here seem to be suggesting. Hes a run of the mill 4th line grinder. Id resign him but hes at the bottom of the todo list.

Totally agree. He's the modern Drew Miller. While I would much love to keep him - I also won't care if he leaves.

When you find bottom 6ers that fit the team well it's nice to keep them, as long as you don't overpay them. Fischer has fit in well.

Just now, Troy McClure said:

Totally agree. He's the modern Drew Miller. While I would much love to keep him - I also won't care if he leaves.

When you find bottom 6ers that fit the team well it's nice to keep them, as long as you don't overpay them. Fischer has fit in well.

more concerned about overpaying Sprong tbh and I really like both players. 

What you're getting with Tanev is a #4 Dman who can play on the top SH unit, plays very positional defense and therefore blocks a lot of shots, and brings little to no offense.

Why that's interesting to me? Not only does it make us defensively sounder, but it gets Petry OFF the 2nd PK unit, and perhaps even more importantly, takes a lot of load off Seider running the top PK.

In theory I think you could lean on Chiarot - Tanev to run the top PK, and then give Walman - Seider secondary duties, freeing them up to play more even strength minutes.

However, I want Maata going back to Calgary, or somewhere else out West in a separate trade. Derek doesn't use Maata hardly at all anymore, and he will basically become obsolete if we add another Dman.

Petry and Edvinsson are enough depth to cover for injuries.

I think this would be a pretty tight defense for the p[layoffs:

Walman - Seider
Ghost - Tanev
Chiarot - Holl
Petry
Eddog - #1 callup 

3 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Per Darren Dreger, Detroit is now one of the teams being linked to Christopher Tanev Our 2024 2nd round pick and Cross Hanas should get it done. And then sign him to either a 3 x $3,500,000 or 3 x $4,000,000 deal he's one of the best shot blockers in the league.

Tanev would be taking Edvinssons spot on the roster. Unless you pair them on the 2nd pair. I would rather see Hanifin with Ed tho.

29 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

Tanev would be taking Edvinssons spot on the roster. Unless you pair them on the 2nd pair. I would rather see Hanifin with Ed tho.

How do you figure that Tanev is taking Eds spot? Tanev would be our 2nd pairing RHD while Edvinsson would be our 2nd pairing LHD I think both would be solid on the 2nd pairing and move Chiarot to the bottom pairing and use Maatta as trade bait.

2 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

What you're getting with Tanev is a #4 Dman who can play on the top SH unit, plays very positional defense and therefore blocks a lot of shots, and brings little to no offense.

Why that's interesting to me? Not only does it make us defensively sounder, but it gets Petry OFF the 2nd PK unit, and perhaps even more importantly, takes a lot of load off Seider running the top PK.

In theory I think you could lean on Chiarot - Tanev to run the top PK, and then give Walman - Seider secondary duties, freeing them up to play more even strength minutes.

However, I want Maata going back to Calgary, or somewhere else out West in a separate trade. Derek doesn't use Maata hardly at all anymore, and he will basically become obsolete if we add another Dman.

Petry and Edvinsson are enough depth to cover for injuries.

I think this would be a pretty tight defense for the p[layoffs:

Walman - Seider
Ghost - Tanev
Chiarot - Holl
Petry
Eddog - #1 callup 

Gonna be honest, I lost any interest I had in Tanev when I saw Larkin box him out in Markstrom's kitchen on this goal:

My early pick for a 2024 add: James Van Riemsdyk.

scheduled UFA coming off a 1 year, 1 million. dollar deal with Boston

On pace for 58 points

Has the veteran experience of Perron, more scoring than Sprong, and may be cheaper than both.

LH LW on a team top heavy with RH and/or RW

I love this as a short term option in the middle six.

Thoughts?

8 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

On pace for 58 points

Has the veteran experience of Perron, more scoring than Sprong, and may be cheaper than both.

Thoughts?

Meh

21 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Gonna be honest, I lost any interest I had in Tanev when I saw Larkin box him out in Markstrom's kitchen on this goal:

Taking the backside of Larkin is wrong and *****.

f*** Chris Tanev and his hlomo sexual tendencies

19 minutes ago, Axl Foley said:

On pace for 58 points

Thoughts?

Nah