• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bIueadams

10/24 - Muh Krakies @ Red Wings - "It's still not Joever" Joegod edition, part again

Rate this topic

20 minutes ago, Learn2LuvIt said:

Last night was a reminder of how much I hate the overtime format.  What a joke.  6 guys skating in a circle for 4:30 with :30 seconds of actual hockey being played.  Lame.  Let them load up 5-5 and play hockey for 5 minutes. 

...and then we just get more shootouts. 

Here is an idea: go back to allowing ties if OT doesn't solve anything. 

2 hours ago, marcaractac said:

And despite not playing their best game, they were a non-call on a thrown stick and/or a Raymond post away from a win. 

Yah, we all got robbed of a great game last night.  That stick throw call has got to be made.  Doesn't matter if it slipped or if it was on purpose.  That's a call that has to get made.  We might have lost 5-1 after that if it had been called, but the call has got to be made.  It was an open net chance for Maatta.  I highly doubt he buries that, but it was disrupted by a play that is against the rules BLATANTLY.  I haven't seen a blown call that bad in a LONG time.

4 hours ago, marcaractac said:

...and then we just get more shootouts. 

Here is an idea: go back to allowing ties if OT doesn't solve anything. 

Ya, get rid of the shootout, it's ridiculous. 

I believe that BECAUSE of the non stick call, that's the reason The Wings got some quick power plays in the 3rd. I'm betting the refs watched the replay in the intermission and saw how big of a mistake they made. I'm sure they got a talking to today. 

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ya, get rid of the shootout, it's ridiculous. 

I liked Hollands old idea of playing 5v5 OT for 5 min. If no one scores, then 4v4 for 5 min. If no one scores, then 3v3 for 5 min. Surely not many games wouldnt get past the first 3v3.

Meh.   Guys want things to be done in the 60 + 5 then a shootout if needed.

Overtime pay? 

Real fans want a tie after the 5 min 4v4... arena ticket goers want the shoot out.

Edited by town123