• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Troy McClure

2024 Draft

Rate this topic

Finally done some draft research.

Figuring we keep our first and draft in the 15-25 range, here are my top 5 targets in order:

My top target: 

1. Michael Brandsegg-Nygard

6'1" RH RW. Kid plays an all around solid game on both ends of the ice, but most importantly to me, he plays like a true powerforward. Something I think we need in the pipeline. The weird thing about him is, he is worse than Swede... He is - allah forgive me - a N O R W E G I A N. We never had one of those.

2. Anton Silayev

6'7" Russian LHD. I know we dont need anymore LHD in the pipe, but this kid is a massive physical defensive dman that skates well. I cant help but want.

3. Sacha Boisvert

6'2" French Canadian LHC. Plays in our backyard for Muskeegon, and is committed to North Dakota next year. Kid is a highlight reel dangler. Seems to be brimming with confidence and bravado.

4. Carter Yamechuk

6'3" Canadian RHD. Solid all around 2way Dman. 

5. Andrew Basha

5'11" Canadian LH LW. Very fast, good hands.

-----------------------------------------------------------

6. Aron Kiviharju

5'9" Danish LHD. My darkhorse pick. This kid was once talked about as possibly becoming the 1st overall in his draft. But now that his draft year is here hes undersized, and his skating hasnt developed great. However hes still very talented in all other areas. If we are picking late late, he'd be a good boom/bust pick to develop. 

21 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Don’t underestimate the Yzerman

Bro theres no svens. Theres a kid named lindstrom, but i checked and hesa black kid from canada.

Looks like a heavy finn and norway year. Whats going on with sweden?

2 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Bro theres no svens. Theres a kid named lindstrom, but i checked and hesa black kid from canada.

Looks like a heavy finn and norway year. Whats going on with sweden?

We have a checkered history with selecting Finns.  Is that our scouting or bad luck?

7 minutes ago, mackel said:

We have a checkered history with selecting Finns.  Is that our scouting or bad luck?

I dont think weve ever had a finnish scout on staff. Just Swedes and Russians.

Fun fact: I went to HS with Filppulas wife, and one time i held her younger sisters hand. So me and Val are like basically bros now. Our only successful Finn.

Anybody read this athletic story from katie strang on Trevor Connelly? He's supposed to be a top 10 pick, but i guess he snapchats swastikas at people and calls his teammates racial slurs. 

Walgod is jewish and ray ray is of the darker variety... but landing a top 10 talent outside the top15 or 20 is probably what a desperate team will aim for with him. Maybe Derek can teach him about the powers of friendship??

4 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Finally done some draft research.

Figuring we keep our first and draft in the 15-25 range, here are my top 5 targets in order:

My top target: 

2. Anton Silayev

6'7" Russian LHD. I know we dont need anymore LHD in the pipe, but this kid is a massive physical defensive dman that skates well. I cant help but want.

If this kid is still there when we pick..

tenor.gif

15 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

Is he ranked high by someone?

For sure, he's in the same boat as Artyom Levshunov probably both in the top 5 or 6. 

Silayev looks like a better skating Chara.

27 minutes ago, town123 said:

For sure, he's in the same boat as Artyom Levshunov probably both in the top 5 or 6. 

Im probably wrong, but i would bet he goes much lower. This is a D heavy draft and theres so many other dmen out there that can also move the puck. I dont think this kid has the offensive instincts of Chara. More like a Zadorov type. Just IMO.

9 minutes ago, Troy McClure said:

Im probably wrong, but i would bet he goes much lower. This is a D heavy draft and theres so many other dmen out there that can also move the puck. I dont think this kid has the offensive instincts of Chara. More like a Zadorov type. Just IMO.

3g 11pts in 61 games as a 17 year old dman in the KHL seems like he has good offensive instincts to me. 

23 hours ago, Troy McClure said:

I dont think weve ever had a finnish scout on staff. Just Swedes and Russians.

Fun fact: I went to HS with Filppulas wife, and one time i held her younger sisters hand. So me and Val are like basically bros now. Our only successful Finn.

Didn't you also supposedly date Abdelkaders wife?

5 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

His wifes name is Julie,

Julie Leftas*** or something. Believe she went to Canton HS and then met Abby at MSU. 

Speaking of which I've personally seen Abby so drunk he pissed his pants at Ricks in East Lansing. And he got irate when everyone tried to take pics of him lol.

Also heard stories of him beating the crap out of ppl whove harrassed him at bars in muskeegon. Abby is massive IRL.

On 2/22/2024 at 2:53 PM, town123 said:

If this kid is still there when we pick..

tenor.gif

On 2/23/2024 at 7:08 AM, town123 said:

On 2/23/2024 at 7:51 AM, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

3g 11pts in 61 games as a 17 year old dman in the KHL seems like he has good offensive instincts to me. 

Athletic ranking came out and Silyav is #3. I apologize for my ignorance. I am worse than a Babylonian dog.