• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Troy McClure

2024 Draft

Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

We're well underway in becoming another middle pack team...We'll likely pick 12th thru 16th aka another 3rd line forward, a bottom pair DMan, or even better a career AHL goalie.

Dennis Cholowski weve missed you

On 3/13/2024 at 10:15 AM, LeftWinger said:

Time to start looking at this again. With about 50 rolls at Tank-A-Thon, we never moved out of 16th spot. If the losing trend continues, we'll move up more, but right now we're 16th.

Capture.thumb.JPG.13b6caaded5e373e0d02114c1cd27db1.JPG

Ok, here is the best we can do, it took me about 25 tries though. 5th is the highest we can climb, and 16th the lowest, which means we'll be drafting 16th. I just wanted to see if we'd actually move up the most possible, and we did, but unfortunately, it's not going to be this simple. 

Capture.JPG.564293541cb91e5839d7d485ac95c293.JPG

The list of prospects above is still the same for McKenzie, he hasn't released the April one yet.

IMO, we wait post lottery, then decide if we are going to just draft another player that we won't see for 5 years, or is it time to bundle the 1st and a player(s) to upgrade the D right now.

Edited by LeftWinger

Trade Berggren, #15, a 2nd to Columbus for Werenski (I bet he'd waive his NMC to come here) and they can draft Adam Jiricek and have the brothers on their team. It would have to wait until the actual pick to see if Jiricek is still on the board, of course

Edited by LeftWinger

24 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Ok, here is the best we can do, it took me about 25 tries though. 5th is the highest we can climb, and 16th the lowest, which means we'll be drafting 16th. I just wanted to see if we'd actually move up the most possible, and we did, but unfortunately, it's not going to be this simple. 

Capture.JPG.564293541cb91e5839d7d485ac95c293.JPG

The list of prospects above is still the same for McKenzie, he hasn't released the April one yet.

IMO, we wait post lottery, then decide if we are going to just draft another player that we won't see for 5 years, or is it time to bundle the 1st and a player(s) to upgrade the D right now.

Unless some absolute no brainer player is available.   We should be going ultra aggressive on top end talent via trade. 

We've seen the results of signing "mid" UFAs, it's purgatory... too bad to be good, too good to be bad.  Time to nut up and take some big swings.

Unfortunately (I have been messing with Armchair GM) I cannot get Werenski salary to work, without dumping Chiarot and Holl. Unless we can include Holl in the trade, I just cannot get it to work. I even traded Fabbri and bought out Husso's contract. I re-signed Ghost and Kane in this scenario too. It's just not gonna work. But I agree, we need to go aggressive on trade talent. Like I've said before, this year's and next year's 1st are in play, along with some good young players. We should get some attention.

Edited by LeftWinger

6 minutes ago, mackel said:

Unless some absolute no brainer player is available.   We should be going ultra aggressive on top end talent via trade. 

We've seen the results of signing "mid" UFAs, it's purgatory... too bad to be good, too good to be bad.  Time to nut up and take some big swings.

Patience. Trust the plan. This season was only the first step in an entire flight of stairs. Ditch Holl. Re-sign Perron. Sign Roy. Promote kids. That's all we need to get to the next step. And next year won't be the last step either. Many more to go. Trust the plan. 

50 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

We need a MAJOR upgrade to the D, and young. Think 25-28. If we can clear enough cap, and still add Roy, cool, but we have to make our top 4 D a ***** to play against.

Signing Roy alone would use almost all our cap space. He just turned 29 in March BTW. 

2 hours ago, town123 said:

Before spitting up our 1st so quickly I would looks at the 13-17 overall picks from the last 15 years.   Here's a look at #15.   Take a good look at that list.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/draft_by_pick.php?position=15

It wouldn't make much sense to hang on to our 1st at the deadline... then sell it at the draft. Especially after we missed the playoff...

It's an YzerPLAN. Not an YzerWHIM. 

On 3/13/2024 at 10:15 AM, LeftWinger said:

Time to start looking at this again. With about 50 rolls at Tank-A-Thon, we never moved out of 16th spot. If the losing trend continues, we'll move up more, but right now we're 16th.

Capture.thumb.JPG.13b6caaded5e373e0d02114c1cd27db1.JPG

5 spins for me and we jumped to 5 

26 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

spinning the tankathon wheel, and we either stay at 15 or end up at 5. #5 happened about 4 out of 15 tries. They have us taking Eiserman.

Bold prediction 1, this will happen.

easy prediction, Utah NHL Club will win the 1st overall.

10/10 spins we stayed at 15...

As usual I don't follow prospects - any chance Yzerman trades away #15 to an old pal GM Verbeek for Anaheim's late 1st and early 2nd?

https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/ducks

Edited by Motor City Mullets

47 minutes ago, Motor City Mullets said:

10/10 spins we stayed at 15...

As usual I don't follow prospects - any chance Yzerman trades away #15 to an old pal GM Verbeek for Anaheim's late 1st and early 2nd?

https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/ducks

Only if there is someone there that Yzerman REALLY prefers to what's available at 15. It won't be to get the extra pick. We still need to collect future stars.