• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Troy McClure

2024 Offseason Thread

Rate this topic

So, we have $29M in cap. A couple trade chips to free up a little bit more. Holl (or Maatta) and Fabbri. That'll give us $7M-$7.4M more. Let's just say we round to $37M.

Seider $8M (8 year) if we could get him to bridge, that would be great!

Raymond $5M (3 year bridge)

Kane $5M (3 year)

Stamkos $8M (3 year)

$26M, leaving us $11 to get another G backup (unless Husso is dealt for another) and upgrade the D. Whether that's a UFA or via another trade. Fill in the remaining holes with kids. If we could wrestle Andersson out of Calgary for a 1st and prospect, that would be a big upgrade. Edvinsson and Johansson should be in Detroit next season. 

Debrincat-Larkin-Raymond 

Kane-Compher-Stamkos

<Kid>-Veleno-Copp

<kid>-Rasmussen-<kid>(or Fischer)

Walman-Seider

Edvinsson-Andersson 

Maatta(Holl)-Chiarot

Johansson 

Husso

Lyon

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

So, we have $29M in cap. A couple trade chips to free up a little bit more. Holl (or Maatta) and Fabbri. That'll give us $7M-$7.4M more. Let's just say we round to $37M.

Kane $5M (3 year)

Stamkos $8M (3 year)

$26M, leaving us $11 to get another G backup (unless Husso is dealt for another) and upgrade the D. Whether that's a UFA or via another trade. Fill in the remaining holes with kids. If we could wrestle Andersson out of Calgary for a 1st and prospect, that would be a big upgrade. Edvinsson and Johansson should be in Detroit next season. 

Debrincat-Larkin-Raymond 

Kane-Compher-Stamkos

<Kid>-Veleno-Copp

Walman-Seider

Edvinsson-Andersson 

Maatta(Holl)-Chiarot

Johansson 

Husso

Lyon

Kane and stamkos are too old to be getting 3 years

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Kane $5M (3 year)

Stamkos $8M (3 year)

Debrincat-Larkin-Raymond 

Kane-Compher-Stamkos

<Kid>-Veleno-Copp

Walman-Seider

Edvinsson-Andersson 

Maatta(Holl)-Chiarot

Johansson 

Husso

Lyon

Bridging Seider or Raymond would be dumb both need max term and both combined will likely come in at a extra $4m.

2 hours ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Bridging Seider or Raymond would be dumb both need max term and both combined will likely come in at a extra $4m.

Seider 8x8 and Raymond 6x8 will get it done.  Lock em up.  Both go balls every shift.

3 hours ago, Axl Foley said:

I would say that is fair value.

Yup.  Seider finished 32nd in scoring this season and didnt get the 25 mins a night that the 9-11 mil guys get.  I would say his closest comparable is Travis Sanheim, and he got 6.25 mil per.  If Seider gets 8 per, it will be an investment in his development.  Right now, his stats are worth 6-7 mil per.  Quinn Hughes, the Norris Trophy winner, makes less than 8 mil per, mind you.

2 hours ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Seider will get around $8.5m Ray will get around $7.5m.

That wont look good in 4 years if Edvinsson and ASP make up our top pairing and Larkin and Danielson are our best forwards.  6.5mil per x 4 years for Seider.  6 mil x 4 years for Raymond.

18 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

That wont look good in 4 years if Edvinsson and ASP make up our top pairing and Larkin and Danielson are our best forwards.  6.5mil per x 4 years for Seider.  6 mil x 4 years for Raymond.

Theres little to no chance either let alone both Edvinsson and ASP will be better then Seider but if they are thats a great problem to have and they will be paid accordingly. If Larkin and Danielson are both better then Raymond in 4 years were in great shape because it means Larkin has aged well and Danielson has developed well and we have one of the best 1-2 down the middle in the league. If Danielson is better then Raymond in 4 years he gets $8.5m - $1m more then Raymond. You dont not pay your star players there worth because you have prospects coming that might be better in 4 years. lol

Your severly underestimating these contracts which is setting yourself up for disapointment my friend.

10 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

Theres little to no chance either let alone both Edvinsson and ASP will be better then Seider but if they are thats a great problem to have and they will be paid accordingly. If Larkin and Danielson are both better then Raymond in 4 years were in great shape because it means Larkin has aged well and Danielson has developed well and we have one of the best 1-2 down the middle in the league. If Danielson is better then Raymond in 4 years he gets $8.5m - $1m more then Raymond. You dont not pay your star players there worth because you have prospects coming that might be better in 4 years. lol

Your severly underestimating these contracts which is setting yourself up for disapointment my friend.

Brandon Hagel got 6.5 mil per.  Raymond's deal will be 6 mil per for 8 years if he wants term.

6 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Brandon Hagel got 6.5 mil per.  Raymond's deal will be 6 mil per for 8 years if he wants term.

Matt Boldy got $7m and Cole Caufield got $7.85m. Raymond is younger and/or has a better track record then all these players. No way Raymond signs for $6m longterm and no way Yzerman should be looking at anything other then 8year term. Anything under $7.5m for Raymond is a steal. Anything under $8.5m for Seider is a steal. Dont expect either to sign much below those #s.

Anybody know much about Dylan Demelo for the Jets? RHD, played on their top pair, defends well, and is a free agent. Also from London Ontario and playing in s***hole Winnipeg. Sounds like a possible Edvinsson partner to me, or am I missing anything?

36 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Anybody know much about Dylan Demelo for the Jets? RHD, played on their top pair, defends well, and is a free agent. Also from London Ontario and playing in s***hole Winnipeg. Sounds like a possible Edvinsson partner to me, or am I missing anything?

Demelo, Montour, or Myers if willing to take a big pay cut would be decent options 2nd pair rd.

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Ha Ha Ha Raymond is a country mile better than Boldy who got 7x7m, No freaking way is Raymond taking 8x6m he put up 172 points on his 3 year ELC. Raymond could easily get 8x8.5m

Edited by diehardredwingsfan58

19 minutes ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

Ha Ha Ha Raymond is a country mile better than Boldy who got 7x7m, No freaking way is Raymond taking 8x6m he put up 172 points on his 3 year ELC. Raymond could easily get 8x8.5m

Again, Larkin makes 8x8.  This team takes a straight nose dive without Larkin.  Use that as your basis.  Not what hockey clubs that never get any better are doing.

3 hours ago, diehardredwingsfan58 said:

It's all about total value. 7x7=49, 6×8=48. Give him 8 years $52M total. 

38 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

It's all about total value. 7x7=49, 6×8=48. Give him 8 years $52M total. 

I really dont think Raymond is worrying about the "perceived" value.  He probably wants a 50 mil guarantee that sets him up for life.  Unfortunately, we cant give every good player we draft 10 mil a season.  We'll end up with 5 forwards and 4 defensemen if we do that.  Larkin, Seider, Raymond, Edvinsson all get 7 mil on average, we can build a good team around them.

12 minutes ago, stephen-gregory-yzerman said:

1 million internet points.

Nobody ever pays up for their lost bets, so no worries.

https://puckprose.com/posts/detroit-red-wings-what-would-a-raymond-contract-extension-look-like

5 years/7 mil per.  I don't think so.  I think that's unlikely.  I think 4 years @ 5.5 mil OR 8 years at 6.5 mil per.  Raymond is either going to sign a bridge deal to get to UFA, or he's going to sign long term to stay a Red Wing 16 more years with 2 consecutive 8 year deals.  I'm thinking he does the latter.  I'm seeing 8 years, 6.25 mil per year for a 50 million dollar deal.  

17 minutes ago, town123 said:

I think RayRay signs 8yr/60m.  7.5 per

Which will look like a great deal right away for the Wings and like a crap deal in 2 years for Lucas.

I could see this.  He was our best forward not named Larkin last season.