• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Scott R Lucidi

YzerFails @ Sabers. 7pm Regard Time.

Rate this topic

It was so nice seeing this team rejuvenate EVERYTHING Red Wings while they did.  Got everything bumping again.  This team out there right now is no longer that team.  Larkin or not this is beyond sad to watch 

3 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

It was so nice seeing this team rejuvenate EVERYTHING Red Wings while they did.  Got everything bumping again.  This team out there right now is no longer that team.  Larkin or not this is beyond sad to watch 

This is a GM and Coach fail.  Playing TRASH CASTAWAY VETS over high draft picks.  Just stupid.

4 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm too fed up to even be a jerk to any of you right now

Every cloud has a silver lining...

I think run with Riemer on Thurs he wins he goes again on Sat 

maybe I spoke too soon ...

Off to watch Full Swing ....

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

Gotta be honest, I haven't been able to watch much of this roadtrip.

Can anyone give me their honest evaluation of why wheels from bus are now in river? OTHER THAN YOU SCOTT. You've made it clear what you think. 

No Larkin + a tired goalie can't be the whole story here. 

7 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Can anyone give me their honest evaluation of why wheels from bus are now in river? OTHER THAN YOU SCOTT. You've made it clear what you think. 

All of our "best" wingers are midgets that can't win puck battles. Our "best" center has scored less than half a point per game in his career. Our "best" goalie has played 53 games in his career prior to this season. Our "best" defensemen are forced to play 70% of the game in the defensive zone otherwise we get scored on even more than we already do.

We had a flawed roster that was playing way above its head for most of the season and our GM decided that he "liked his team".

Edited by kipwinger

Just now, kipwinger said:

None of our "best" wingers are midgets that can't win puck battles. Our "best" center has scored less than half a point per game in his career. Our "best" goalie has played 53 games in his career prior to this season. Our "best" defensemen are forced to play 70% of the game in the defensive zone otherwise we get scored on even more than we already do.

We had a flawed roster that was playing way above its head for most of the season and our GM decided that he "liked his team".

I swear I wasn't trying to bait anyone, I thought you liked this team too? Couple weeks ago. Everything you just said was true in January. Again, what changed? 

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'll respect your wishes.

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

All of our "best" wingers are midgets that can't win puck battles. Our "best" center has scored less than half a point per game in his career. Our "best" goalie has played 53 games in his career prior to this season. Our "best" defensemen are forced to play 70% of the game in the defensive zone otherwise we get scored on even more than we already do.

Pretty clear what a GOOD, YOUNG, MOBILE defense can do to a HORRIBLE, OLD, SLOW defense tonight.  I'm sorry, but if we don't get Edvinsson, Johansson, ASP, Tuomisto, and Wallinder up soon to help Seider out, this team is going to continue to get torched unnecessarily.  That sucks.

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I swear I wasn't trying to bait anyone, I thought you liked this team too? Couple weeks ago. Everything you just said was true in January. Again, what changed? 

I do, and did. But you can look back at my old posts and see all the times I said something like "and we're in prime position to address our needs at the deadline". Never did I ever feel comfortable with James Reimer as a backup goalie, or zero power fowards, or Petry as our 2nd best RHD. I never ever thought SY would just let it ride and do nothing to address any of these issues.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Berggren draws a ton of penalties.

yes.  I like his game.  He has that mojo due to always being in motion.  He's good.

9 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

Again

It's been all year.  I have no idea why I'm the only one who is completely livid about it.  Every time these guys touch the ice, it's a cycle fest with our team being on its heels.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  Remember when the Vipers let Gordie Howe take a shift when he was 60 something years old?  This is what playing Chiarot and Petry out there is like.  But for 20 minutes a game!  It's torture as a fan.

I do, and did. But you can look back at my old posts and see all the times I said something like "and we're in prime position to address our needs at the deadline". Never did I ever feel comfortable with James Reimer as a backup goalie, or zero power fowards, or Petry as our 2nd best RHD. I never ever thought SY would just let it ride and do nothing to address any of these issues.

Yeah I just have a hard time seeing how the same lineup (-Larkin)  can go from beating everyone in January to getting absolutely murdered right now. Not like they're losing by a goal or two where a couple of roster improvements would help swing it. 

Anyway

High - Low - High - Low has been the trend this season up to now. Maybe they have one last streak in them. 

I keep thinking about that super testy interview that SY gave on deadline day against Arizona when he was pissy about our "team defense".

In other words, the guy responsible for assembling the defense was complaining about the defense, after he opted not to address the defense, on the very last day to do anything to improve the defense.

That's almost as bad as watching Ville Husso play too many games last year and then decide to address that problem by signing two goalies who aren't any good. Lyon playing WAY above his head (unexpectedly) is the only thing that kept this from happening sooner.

And THAT'S almost as bad as Derek Lalonde saying he can't play Sprong higher in the lineup because he's bad defensively and then starting the last two games with Kane, Debrincat, Berggren, and Raymond on the wings in the top six.

17 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

yes.  I like his game.  He has that mojo due to always being in motion.  He's good.

It's been all year.  I have no idea why I'm the only one who is completely livid about it.  Every time these guys touch the ice, it's a cycle fest with our team being on its heels.  EVERY SINGLE TIME.  Remember when the Vipers let Gordie Howe take a shift when he was 60 something years old?  This is what playing Chiarot and Petry out there is like.  But for 20 minutes a game!  It's torture as a fan.

I notice things every now and then I honestly don’t pay the most attention either while watching.  Usually on here and Reddit in my phone most the time and perk up at offence lol..but I’m definitely on board, they’re terrible.  But it’s just not those two guys, it is so many of them.  
my rose coloured glasses are becoming clearer.  They’ve definitely broke my vibe

Edited by 13dangledangle

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yeah I just have a hard time seeing how the same lineup (-Larkin)  can go from beating everyone in January to getting absolutely murdered right now. Not like they're losing by a goal or two where a couple of roster improvements would help swing it. 

Anyway

High - Low - High - Low has been the trend this season up to now. Maybe they have one last streak in them. 

I mean, if you start with the premise that we were playing unsustainably well in January and February and then you take the best player (at the most important position) off the team it's easy to see how they'd fall apart.

And I'll reiterate for the millionth time that by not doing ANYTHING at the deadline Yzerman might as well have waived the white flag. "I believe in your guys...just not enough to do anything at all to help".

I mean, if you start with the premise that we were playing unsustainably well in January and February and then you take the best player (at the most important position) off the team it's easy to see how they'd fall apart.

And I'll reiterate for the millionth time that by not doing ANYTHING at the deadline Yzerman might as well have waived the white flag. "I believe in your guys...just not enough to do anything at all to help".

Yes but if they're that fragile then I don't know what to say. 

Next question: bridge deals for Seider and Raymond?

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yes but if they're that fragile then I don't know what to say. 

Next question: bridge deals for Seider and Raymond?

If they're that fragile it's their GMs job to know and sell at the deadline. The f*cking Flyers are in a divisional seed and traded a top four defenseman for a 1st at the deadline. Presumably their GM has a better handle on the team than ours does.

I don't think we should bridge either of them. They're both studs. Seider's being worked like a mule and he's still scoring half a point per game. If he started in the defensive zone 10% less he'd be in line with all other 1D usage and he'd score 60 points. Same with Raymond. He's going to score 60-70 points and he's (inexplicably) on the 2nd powerplay unit and forced to play half the season with JT Compher as a center. They're both part of the solution, not the problem.

This game can send one of two very different messages.

1.  Look at what a team that's playing their young guys is doing against a team that's burying them in the minors.

2.  Look at where Buffalo is in the standings while playing all these young guys

2 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

This game can send one of two very different messages.

1.  Look at what a team that's playing their young guys is doing against a team that's burying them in the minors.

2.  Look at where Buffalo is in the standings while playing all these young guys

We like our team...  

33 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I've felt much of the Wings success this season was sorta 'dumb luck'...How many wins, or OT ties did we have where we were outplayed/outshot? Seems like there were quite a few...Now that isn't the case - no dumb luck to speak of - getting outplayed/outshot has caught up to us...Team looks lost on this losing streak and while we're no super power on paper - I feel we should be doing better (even without DBoss)...I'm thinking this is a repeat of December where the team isn't prepared and that falls on coaching.