• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
AtlantaHotWings

3/19 Jackets Soy Boys vs Wings Young Swede

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

We have got to get Copp's contract off the books in the offseason.

Copp, Veleno, and Rasmussen just don't play with enough intensity.  They play like they are trying to avoid mistakes instead of playing like they are trying to destroy people, get the puck, and then embarrass the other team's defense.  Lalonde has neutered half our team.  It's lame.

I'd really like to see us target Dawson Mercer in the offseason. He's playing on the wing in New Jersey right now but that's only because they've got Hughes and Hischier as top six centers and he's not really a bottom six guy. He's an RFA and would look really good as a 2C for us.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Trade him to San Jose for a conditional. Anything, just get him gone.

I think you'd need to offer a 2nd with Copp for a 7th, but if they'd take him at full cap hit I think I do that deal.

9 hours ago, mackel said:

I think you'd need to offer a 2nd with Copp for a 7th, but if they'd take him at full cap hit I think I do that deal.

Copp has a 10 team NTC, I doubt he'd waive it to go to SJ. Winnipeg or Rangers might want him back, he'd gladly go to a contender. It's sad that the hometown kid just isn't working out.

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Copp has a 10 team NTC, I doubt he'd waive it to go to SJ. Winnipeg or Rangers might want him back, he'd gladly go to a contender. It's sad that the hometown kid just isn't working out.

Well the NTC can be worked around.  I'm sure he'd rather play in SJ over Grand Rapids or Toledo.

3 hours ago, mackel said:

Well the NTC can be worked around.  I'm sure he'd rather play in SJ over Grand Rapids or Toledo.

5.625 million would go along way too.  Unfortunately the Copp experiment isn't working.  

15 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

5.625 million would go along way too.  Unfortunately the Copp experiment isn't working.  

I'm not fully convinced Copp is too big of a problem.  As we ditch the TRASH (Chiarot, Petry, Holl, Gost, Perron, Fabbri) and add the youth (Edvinsson, ASP, Johansson, Wallinder, Kasper, Danielson), I have a feeling we are going to get more out of our borderline guys (Veleno, Rad, Compher, Copp, Sprong, Berggren).  You need SPEED in the NHL.  Our borderline guys just don't have it.  So you have to put them on lines with quicker guys and have good defensemen that can transition the puck.  The fastest skater on the ice is the one who only has to skate from 70 feet away because his defensemen and centerman are using quick passes to generate defense to offense momentum.  We got a small glimpse last night of how Edvinsson's skillet does just that.  Puck goes from our dots diagonally across the ice to their blue line in half a second and we are on the attack.  We have 4 defensemen that can skate and move the puck like that (Walman, Seider, Edvinsson, and Johansson) and 2 in the works (ASP and Wallinder).  Yzerman just has to let his youth play is all.

4 hours ago, mackel said:

Copp isn't going to waive his NTC to go to SJ. Yzerman isn't going to waive him. As for your suggestion of where he'd rather play, he's on a 1-way contract, so even if he got waived and cleared, and was playing in GR, he's still making the same money. So maybe he would rather play in GR over SJ? He's still "home" and he is still making $6.25M in actual salary, there is way less pressure down there, and he'd probably dominate. Detroit would only be getting $1.2M in cap relief by sending him there, so that makes zero sense for Yzerman. So, IF he were to be traded, he pretty much controls where he doesn't go.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

Copp isn't going to waive his NTC to go to SJ. Yzerman isn't going to waive him. As for your suggestion of where he'd rather play, he's on a 1-way contract, so even if he got waived and cleared, and was playing in GR, he's still making the same money. So maybe he would rather play in GR over SJ? He's still "home" and he is still making $6.25M in actual salary, there is way less pressure down there, and he'd probably dominate. Detroit would only be getting $1.2M in cap relief by sending him there, so that makes zero sense for Yzerman. So, IF he were to be traded, he pretty much controls where he doesn't go.

I doubt that... the pride of a player shouldn't be underestimated.

3 hours ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

I'm not fully convinced Copp is too big of a problem.  As we ditch the TRASH (Chiarot, Petry, Holl, Gost, Perron, Fabbri) and add the youth (Edvinsson, ASP, Johansson, Wallinder, Kasper, Danielson), I have a feeling we are going to get more out of our borderline guys (Veleno, Rad, Compher, Copp, Sprong, Berggren).  You need SPEED in the NHL. 

I do mostly agree with all of what you said..I’m just not feeling Copps defensive play outweighs his lack of offensive ability.  Hes played 13 more games than Fabbri but has half the goals.   I know he’s injury prone but I would rather keep Fabbri than Copp or Perron, especially if we are losing Sprongs goals too.  

Edvinsson is the real deal.  We all know he should have been up here for the majority of the season but I’m glad he’s here now.  His vision, his passing, his skating and offensive instincts are going to be something to see for years to come.  

like you said Scott the kids need to play.  I couldn’t agree more-try to keep some vets. SOME.  

1 hour ago, 13dangledangle said:

I do mostly agree with all of what you said..I’m just not feeling Copps defensive play outweighs his lack of offensive ability.  Hes played 13 more games than Fabbri but has half the goals.   I know he’s injury prone but I would rather keep Fabbri than Copp or Perron, especially if we are losing Sprongs goals too.  

Edvinsson is the real deal.  We all know he should have been up here for the majority of the season but I’m glad he’s here now.  His vision, his passing, his skating and offensive instincts are going to be something to see for years to come.  

like you said Scott the kids need to play.  I couldn’t agree more-try to keep some vets. SOME.  

Kane, Sprong, Gost have earned it