• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

Join the Red Wave

Rate this topic

Saw this on a billboard on my way to pick up my tickets for tomorrow's game.

JOIN THE RED WAVE

Please tell me this is not the playoff slogan for this year. Sadly, it probably is.

Yeah I saw a billboard on I-696 with that on it. It was so lame. I'm pretty sure that's the slogan. The puny little wave made me want to cry and laugh at the same time.

P.S. Way to rub in that you're going to the game tomorrow. *jealous*

Haha it IS the slogan. How sad...how very sad.

The only thing that would be cool about this is if everyone at playoff games would all be in red..and then they'd start a...WAVE?! I know that's not what it means but still!

Seriously though..we should sorta copy the Flames and have red everywhere.

The majority of the Wings playoff slogans have aired on the side of lame numerous times. Somehow it doesn't suprise me it does again.

As someone pointed out before though, the Wings last three Cups have came on the years when the Wings had some of the lamest ones. Could we see another one this year? Is it a sign? Hmm... :P

So I just found out some of the other slogans in the NHL..and well it seems our Wings are blessed with the ones they have compared to the rest so far.

Dallas- Be there! (WTF?!)

Ottawa- Be Red

Thrashers- Believe in Blueland

Preds- Live it up (best one)

Edited by hockeycrazy3033

So I just found out some of the other slogans in the NHL..and well it seems our Wings are blessed with the ones they have compared to the rest so far.

Dallas- Be there! (WTF?!)

Ottawa- Be Red

Thrashers- Believe in Blueland

Preds- Live it up (best one)

agreed...the preds one is good

Glad to know Ottawa fans are being encouraged to root for Detroit!

Hahaha I know right!

Believe it Blueland? Is that supposed to come from those light blue jerseys?

Apparently thats what the fans and such call the arena or something.

I attended yesterday's game against the Blues and Fox 2 had people in every isle to organize a "Wave" that will be shown during Playoff games. (I don't know if it was shown on TV yesterday or not)

It took a few tries, but eventually the wave went around quite a few times and was the best I had ever seen it at the Joe. Now it makes sense since this is their playoff slogan.

The theme should be...

"Score More Goals than the Other Team" :huh:

Or if you want to get serious about themes for the Wings, how about..."Win 16 for 16" (would've worked in '99 or '00).

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Sabres- One team, One goal

Canes- Be a Champion

Vancouver- Towel Power. AHAHA WTF again!

people actually think that "Live it up" is decent? wow. I think it's pretty horrible.

Well compared to the other awful ones it's quite good.

Well at least these two have potential to be turned around into something humerous if things dont go well. Like if the Sabres run into a hot goalie and are scoring one goal a game, or Vancouver's got the obvious "Throw in the towel" if they're getting trounced!

The best playoff slogan the Red Wings ever had came in 2002, it wasn't drawn up by some marketing team, and it never manifested itself on t-shirts. No slogan has ever had a bigger impact, and it began with a simple whiteboard in the locker room and the determination of one Fredrick Olussen, "Whatever It Takes". We were down 3-2 going into Colorado for game 6 and the timing couldn't have been more perfect. That year the Wings did to whatever it took to win, and it's that attitude that each and every team needs to posses in order to take home Lord Stanley's Cup. So while we as fan's will be sitting in the stands and in front of our television's supporting our team by adopting the "Red Wave", I believe that our team will have their own slogan and that they will be doing "Whatever It Takes" to once again bring home “Stanley†and restore the mantel to HockeyTown!!!

Canes- Be a Champion

Well compared to the other awful ones it's quite good.

Yeah I would have to agree with you, its probably the best of what we heard so far.

They all seem pretty lame in my opinion though, do these people have any brains who come up with these slogans? :unsure::P