• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Jakub Kindl

Rate this topic

During the 2004/05 season, Kindl registered 14 points in 62 games. This season, Kindl has put up 11 points in only 13 games. He scored a goal and an assist today. The only concern is that he is -6 on the season. He has 36 PIM's which indicate that he is using his 6'3 frame well. Considering that he has not yet turned 20, I think we have a very good prospect on our hands.

What are your thoughts regarding Kindl?

Like Abdelkader, people really got on Kindl on draft day, saying we should have picked someone else. However, I'm pretty happy we have him.

He's big and doesn't mind playing physical, but he also has great skills and speed. He had a poor year last year as he adjusted to the North American style of play, but this year he has shown that as he gets more comfortable, he is going to keep on getting better. If Fischer develops that physical, mean streak like we all hope he will, then he and Kindl could form an awesome defensive pair in the future.

Like Abdelkader, people really got on Kindl on draft day, saying we should have picked someone else. However, I'm pretty happy we have him.

He's big and doesn't mind playing physical, but he also has great skills and speed. He had a poor year last year as he adjusted to the North American style of play

Very well said TNBT. Kindl joined Kitchener last year and it was obvious he had a very rough transition. It must have been tough adjusting from playing in the Czech under-20 league to the quicker pace of the OHL. According to RWC, he was rated the top underage draft prospect in Europe, which is a great sign.

He is getting more minutes this season, and his stats reflect this. This could be the season where he really makes a name for himself.

During the 2004/05 season, Kindl registered 14 points in 62 games. This season, Kindl has put up 11 points in only 13 games. He scored a goal and an assist today. The only concern is that he is -6 on the season. He has 36 PIM's which indicate that he is using his 6'3 frame well. Considering that he has not yet turned 20, I think we have a very good prospect on our hands.

+/- is not a primary concern.

why not? espically for a d-man. That means he's on the ice when a goal is scored. I don't know about you but i prefer my d-men to keep the opposing team from scoring.

why not? espically for a d-man. That means he's on the ice when a goal is scored. I don't know about you but i prefer my d-men to keep the opposing team from scoring.

Man, you're picky. Some people can never be pleased.... wink.gif

He's getting alot of minutes against top lines too -- he's learning to play, thats all. I don't care about plus minus -- you can score alot of points on the pp and few even up and be a minus pretty easily.

He's getting alot of minutes against top lines too -- he's learning to play, thats all. I don't care about plus minus -- you can score alot of points on the pp and few even up and be a minus pretty easily.

That and the Rangers are living and dying by the scoring output of Evan McGrath and their powerplay. McGrath is factoring into 63% of Kitchener's goals with his 34 points and 54 team goals. It's a one-man offense so the numbers aren't going to be pretty for the +/-.

peace

Kindl scored the game winning goal, and had an assist. He was awarded the first star. That is now 15 points in 16 games, one more point that last year in 46 less games.

I think we have en excellent prospect.

I was a little concerned about the Wings taking Jakub with the 19th overall pick last summer, so I'm very glad to see Kindl is adjusting better to the North American game. We certainly could use some more defensive prospects in the system anyways.

That -6 stat concerns me just a little. I realize the Rangers are mainly a PP team, so that does throw his plus/minus off a bit. Even still, I hope he can strengthen his defensive game by the time he gets a crack at the Wings' lineup. Kindl has been labelled as a long-term prospect, so I gather he's a few years off.

Kindl's +/- is almost completely irrelevant to his potential as a prospect. There are ten other categories I'd look at before the +/-.

Kindl's +/- is almost completely irrelevant to his potential as a prospect. There are ten other categories I'd look at before the +/-.

Alomost the entire team has a minus rating blink.gif

Actually the signs are even better coz tonight he had 1+3=4 points not 3, so he has 23 points altogether and he rocks this season. Well at least I won't be questioning in our 19th overall pick anymore.

Go Jakub! tongue.gif

I jumped the gun! mad.gif

That is great though, he is now averaging over a point a game, and for a 18 year old defenseman that is fantastic thumbup.gif

Hardly a steal as he was a mid first rounder in a fairly deep first round.

i don't care what he is as long as he cont. to play like that he's golden in my book. With the extremely unfortunate injury to fischer i bet where going to draft some more defensemen in the near future.