• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Bluedevils_13

1/24 GDT: Nashville Predators at Red Wings

Rate this topic

Is it just me, or does it seem like most of our losses are games where the Wings failed to score three goals or more?

Hey now. That's just the sort of insightfull thinking that we don't allow here.

Can't you see... We let in more goals than we scored. It's OBVIOUSLY the goalie's fault... laugh.gif

Wings fans are just pissed because they are realizing that if we do face them in the playoffs we have a fat chance in hell of beating this team.

I've already come to terms with this...

Then you better start the movement and stop watching them, and stop posting on the site since we already know the ending to this story.

Is it just me, or does it seem like most of our losses are games where the Wings failed to score three goals or more?

MMMmmmmhmmmmmm. Take a look where they are in terms of goals per game. Second in the league last I checked with 3.5ish

Manny's last two months of stats are negligibly better than Osgood's over the last couple months. Both are in the 2.5-2.6 GAA .900 save% range in that span.

Against whom for each? It isn't that cut-n-dry to say it's "negligable" because if it was, Babcock wouldn't show an obvious preference for which goaltender he prefers in the net against certain opponents.

You are correct.

We need NNick to run the numbers for us.

I'd be curious to see how many games they have lost that way. And how many wins the Wings have that were one or two goal games.

It's not a goalie problem. It's a team problem. Our goalies just aren't great enough to cover up that weakness.

Wings fans are just pissed because they are realizing that if we do face them in the playoffs we have a fat chance in hell of beating this team.

Then you better start the movement and stop watching them, and stop posting on the site since we already know the ending to this story.

well there still a chance another team can beat them and we don't see them in the playoffs... I'm just saying IF, you might have missed that part.

Nashville fans are halarious. But seriously, how many more games are left between the two teams... how many games are left in the season? dry.gif

How many games have you watched this season? Seriously?

I have been to 5 in person (in Tampa, Columbus - New Year's Eve, in Nashville, Rangers and in Colorado). I have only missed 3 games on TV, because of traveling. He is old and tired and not producing. He has more penalites minutes then production! He age is showing.

QUOTE (fixxxer @ January 24, 2006 - 10:42PM)

Like I said earlier, these certain predator fans come in here only when they win... didn't catch them in here anyother time before yesterday. And to be honest, I think we have a "fat" (interesting word choice laugh.gif )chance of beating the preds, cuz hey look we played sucky these two games and still were competitive. Look out when we actually bring our A game.

1-12-1 scoring 1 or 2 goals.

30-2-2 scoring 3+ goals.

peace

Where do you get those wonderful stats?

NN is really a robot we put together to pump out stats, didn't you know that?

....and what is their record in one goal games? I haven't looked lately, but I'm guessing it is not pretty.

EDIT - NN---stats please

Edited by PondHockey

WHOOOOOO red wings reign is over...... nashville is moving in baby!!!!!!!!!

Vokoun is a freakin wall!!!

when nashville wins their 3rd cup, get back to me. in the interim, they're nobodies who have proven nothing. zip. nada.

oh, hell: when they make it to the second round of the playoffs--which i'm sure will be a banner-raising time in country city--get back to me.

laugh.gif

thats right...we will raise a banner to show our appreciation of our team...unlike detriot fans who are so cocky after we raise our 3rd stanly cup huh? haha wow u are hilarious... hmm lets see, how many years have the preds been in the league and how many has detriot... and guess what, the past is the past. it means nothing now so your argument is ridiculous good try though

Raise the banner to "show your appreciation" or your lack of confidence that your team will ever get a real banner worth hanging? I can see it now : Nashville Predators 2005-2006 Second Round of the Western Conference Champions. LMAO.

Fans like this guy is what makes the Preds fans hate Detroit and their fans so much, even when a lot of the fans are nice people that wouldn't troll and just want to talk hockey.

All in all, you can't seriously blame this one on Legace, I mean yeah he let in two breakaway goals. The problem is that you're comparing him to how Vokoun played tonight which was extraordinary. The Preds played aggressive and that's the way they need to play each and every game if they want to win the division. But a great 2 games, and this series is gonna be one of a kind!

Sorry, but that's three breakaways in two games, and Manny's batting .000! How do you think we would fare with three straight breakins on Vocoun? I know where my money would be.

Oh, please. Shoulda, woulda, coulda. For starters, there are reasons that Vokoun is concidered the 2nd-best netminder in the West.

Secondly, would you be as steadfast in where your "money" would be if Vokoun was facing two breakaways from Datsyuk and another from Zetterberg? Roughly the equivalent.

Against whom for each? It isn't that cut-n-dry to say it's "negligable" because if it was, Babcock wouldn't show an obvious preference for which goaltender he prefers in the net against certain opponents.

Could be Babcock doesn't look at the stats.

Manny's opponents in that span are more of the "better" teams. Though any team can beat any other team on any given night (see the Nucks losing back to back to Columbus and St. Louis and the Caps ending league leading Carolina's 9 game winning streak).

Plus Osgood's record in that span was 9-3-1 and Manny's 8-5 (8-6 now but I haven't calculated the other stats, 2 goals in an OT game would bring his GAA down a bit and save% up).

Like I said yesterday, Manny has been handed the reins by Babcock. He hasn't grabbed them yet.

peace

Guest Tunbo Batman
WHOOOOOO red wings reign is over...... nashville is moving in baby!!!!!!!!!

Vokoun is a freakin wall!!!

when nashville wins their 3rd cup, get back to me. in the interim, they're nobodies who have proven nothing. zip. nada.

oh, hell: when they make it to the second round of the playoffs--which i'm sure will be a banner-raising time in country city--get back to me.

laugh.gif

thats right...we will raise a banner to show our appreciation of our team...unlike detriot fans who are so cocky after we raise our 3rd stanly cup huh? haha wow u are hilarious... hmm lets see, how many years have the preds been in the league and how many has detriot... and guess what, the past is the past. it means nothing now so your argument is ridiculous good try though

Be careful H4L. Talking hockey on an opposing team board is great as you get both sides of the debate and less homer talk about the team you support.

That said, it sucks to read "trollish" posts no matter what team that post seems to support.

Rivalries are fun, but always have respect for your opponent- the team itself and its fans.

I'm off my soapbox now.

David

Wow...thank you very much drsingle....way to show some class thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

Dr single rocks, and thats a good thing, because most other nashville posters here are quite cocky.

look, the season series is now 2-1 for NSH,including an OT, hardly a domination prone to end a dynasty and start a new one, so lets see how it develops.

i just hope we dont crosse nsh in the playoffs because vokouns lucky saves really get on my nerves.

I have been to 5 in person (in Tampa, Columbus - New Year's Eve, in Nashville, Rangers and in Colorado). I have only missed 3 games on TV, because of traveling. He is old and tired and not producing. He has more penalites minutes then production! He age is showing.

He is the Great, Wise, Grumpy God of Penalty-Killing. Disturb him not, my fine and gentle sir.

Guest theTooth

As a Pred fan - I gotta say those were the two toughest games thus far and the Wings are the best team Nashville has seen. The Preds really got outplayed - it looked like even strength when we were on the PP. There have been a few games that we lost this year that we played well enough to win - these were two games the Wings played well enough to win. We were the beneficiary of a hot goalie - normally those are 4-2 losses. The Preds have to do better at puck control and net presence before we'll challenge a top team deep in the playoffs.

looking forward to the next meeting.

peace - out

You know that watching the games requires you to have your eyes open, right? Because that obviously hasn't been the case here.