No registered users viewing this page.

Bluedevils_13

1/24 GDT: Nashville Predators at Red Wings

Rate this topic

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Shanahan

Samuelsson - Lang - Williams

Maltby - Draper - Franzen

Holmstrom - Yzerman - Cleary

When I look at that our line up actually isn't that good. With Sammy and Williams not contributing offensively, Draper's hands of stone and Yzerman's age/injuries, and Shanny's streaks we're hurting alot of games. We scored only PP goals against Nashville I think. Last night seemed to me like what we will see in the playoffs. Detroit with a ton of shots and no finish.

Some thoughts following last night's game:

1. Predator Trolls, please stay off opponents message boards. Other Preds fans, welcome.

2. Manny played a good game, two mistakes by a goalie shouldn't decide a game, the wings offense was just not good.

3. Manny/Ozzie haters, Consider that there is a salary cap in the NHL now. If you aquire a true #1 goalie, it will come at a higher cost than a 4th liner or prospects. To bring in a Luongo or Nabakov will require a skilled player or two in return.

4. Vokoun haters. Face it, the guy is just that good. You can continue to say "lucky" all you want but I doubt the Wings would use that word.

5. Preds haters in general. Face it, the Predators are just that good. You can continue to say "they're crap without Vokoun" but I doubt the rest of the league would say that. Plug any starting goalie into the Preds in place of Vokoun and they are still a playoff team, maybe not best in the west, but playoffs.

6. Officials sucked once again... 8 in the first, 8 in the second, 1 in the third... you can't be serious? Bogus calls on both teams, missed calls on both teams. NHL officiating is a Travesty, a Sham and a Mockery... it's a Traveshamockery!!!

7. I said it before the first meeting of the season, the Wings need a faster defense that can pass the puck better. Both Nashville goals were on breakaways, the D had no chance to catch up to Sullivan or Kariya. Conversely, the Wings had no breakaways, they had a lot of 3-2's but were consistently beaten to the puck by the Preds D.

8. These two games were intense. I can only imagine the level of anticipation on April 18th if it comes down to deciding the Conference/Home Ice in that game.

9. The division is of course, no where near decided, and the Predators might not claim sole posession of first at all this season... but with games against Minnesota and Columbus, while Detroit is facing Vancouver and Dallas, there is a good chance for the Preds to make the pass this weekend.

Take Care!!

4. Vokoun haters. Face it, the guy is just that good. You can continue to say "lucky" all you want but I doubt the Wings would use that word.

5. Preds haters in general. Face it, the Predators are just that good. You can continue to say "they're crap without Vokoun" but I doubt the rest of the league would say that. Plug any starting goalie into the Preds in place of Vokoun and they are still a playoff team, maybe not best in the west, but playoffs.

I always say you gotta be lucky to be good, so I don't think Vokoun himself would really care if you said he was lucky on a few (Shanny off the post into the back of his glove) The Preds really wouldn't do anything ("IMO") without Vokoun, since most teams only have one "starting goalie" if you went to a back up you'd more than likely be swept in the first round. The Wings on the other hand to me our a superior team in the fact that it really wouldn't matter who started in net for us, as I believe that the team as a whole is a better team. Not to take anything away from the Preds but, they were SUPER lucky to get out of town with 2 wins. Probably the luckiest they'll be all season.

I always say you gotta be lucky to be good, so I don't think Vokoun himself would really care if you said he was lucky on a few (Shanny off the post into the back of his glove) The Preds really wouldn't do anything ("IMO") without Vokoun, since most teams only have one "starting goalie" if you went to a back up you'd more than likely be swept in the first round. The Wings on the other hand to me our a superior team in the fact that it really wouldn't matter who started in net for us, as I believe that the team as a whole is a better team. Not to take anything away from the Preds but, they were SUPER lucky to get out of town with 2 wins. Probably the luckiest they'll be all season.

So the Wings defensive breakdowns, inability to pass, shooting weak shots right at the goalie and a penalty being called every thirty seconds were just bad luck for the Wings then, eh?

Lucky or not, they came away with two wins, and if I were them, I'd take it.

Actually They are 6-3-1 when Mason/Finley/Rinne are starting. So I don't understand all the talk about how much of a drop off the Preds would suffer if they had to rely on the backups. And my argument was that if you take any other starter in the league and put them on the Predators INSTEAD of Vokoun, they would still be a playoff team. How can you really argue that?

I also didn't say they were better than the Wings. I do believe that the Wings are the better team. Another case of someone lumping all Preds fans into the same group.

And lastly, if this is the luckiest the Predators will be all season... I'LL TAKE IT!!! because that means that we've won all those other games on pure talent.

...So yes, my point stands. The Predators really are that good.

Where did I say the Preds weren't a good team? Just cause your a good team don't mean your going to win the cup. I've posted before that I thought they were overrated along with Vancover, never did I say they weren't a "good" team. I just think SOME preds fans (not lumping you in with all of them) are ready to start planning the parade. There's alot of hockey left and anything could happen. As far as to down play Vokouns importance to Nashvilles record, come on, one miniute it's "he's just that good" the next you could win with "any" other starter or your back-ups? That's ridiculous. Rinne is not going to win you a playoff series aganist Columbus, never mind like Vancover or San Jose. I can't argue that they would make the playoffs with a back up "now" since they could basically go .500 and still make the playoffs. Nashville, is a good team, I DON'T DOUBT THAT. I just don't think there the powerhouse everyone is hyping them up to be that's all. You can say the same about the Wings, I don't really care. Everyone gets an opinion, no? Also it doesn't mean that all the rest of the games were pure talent, I know alot were, but the first game WAS the luckiest they'll get all season and the second I give them credit, but it very easily could've went the other way.

Vladdy, yes, the reasons you listed are all Wings strong points. It was bad luck that the Wings couldn't get it done the first game, second not so much, good game by two good teams. I also said "Not to take anything away from the Preds"

Long season with alot left to go, all I really got to say about the whole thing.

never said we would have the same record with any other starter. just that we would still be a winning team. I believe I said we wouldn't be battling at the top of the conference, but that we would be a playoff team. I also never claimed that the Preds would win the cup. one of my first posts on these boards said that I think they are a second round team. conference finals if we get the right pieces at the trade deadline. and I also never said that Rinne would win a playoff series.

But, too many people are saying that the only reason the Predators win is because of Vokoun. or they say "just because you have a good goalie, doesn't make you a good team". Well, my argument to that is that we still win when we don't have Vokoun in net. So, obviously the Predators are a good team.

...bottom line is, the Wings are a bunch of SLOW, OLD, SOFT, EUROPEAN *******...

thumbdown.gif to your post thumbdown.gif

scared.gif Dude, first of all chill.. relax. You have way too many drugs in your system if you think that back to back losses to a VERY good team is the "end" of the Wings.

In retrospect, now that I'm done being pissed at your post.. it's quite funny. laugh.gif Lordy there are some ignorant posters here.. but none moreso than you after that one.

Where did I say the Preds weren't a good team? I've posted before that I thought they were overrated along with Vancover, never did I say they weren't a "good" team. I just think SOME preds fans (not lumping you in with all of them) are ready to start planning the parade. I can't argue that they would make the playoffs with a back up "now" since they could basically go .500 and still make the playoffs. Nashville, is a good team, I DON'T DOUBT THAT.

I get it boss, not trying to get you upset. Seriously. thumbup.gif

Funny. I though there was some good hockey knowledge here but I guess I was wrong. It's just a joke the way most people here talk CRAP when they don't know what the hell they are talking about. Manny let in 4 goals over 2 games. 3 break aways and 1 tipped shot. You can't blame him for any of the goals. It's not like Cleary scored on the break aways. It was Kariya and Sullivan, 2 natural goal scorers who know how to put the puck in the net. The Wings actually played fairly well, at least on Monday, and they lost. It happens. Just like when they were playing like s**t and winning. That's the way it goes. I think Nashville is a quality club but unlike others here I belive the Wings are still a better team at every position besides goalie and sorry but Vokoun is not Roy or Hasek yet. Some of you really need to take a step back and calm the f**k down. Just because the Wings win they are not the best team in the world and when they lose it also does not mean they are the worst team in the world. If the Wings won in OT half this board would be talking about how great they are but they lost so those same people are talking about how bad they are. Is there room for improvement, of course. Should they just give up and concede the season like some seem to be hoping for, of course not. Nobody goes 82-0 and you really are going to lose some games that you should win. They could have very easily won both of these games and the attitude here would be completely different.

Support your team. You don't have to be a Homer but don't be that person who is a homer when they win and think they are the worst team in the world when they lose.

9. The division is of course, no where near decided, and the Predators might not claim sole posession of first at all this season... but with games against Minnesota and Columbus, while Detroit is facing Vancouver and Dallas, there is a good chance for the Preds to make the pass this weekend.

Take Care!!

Some Preds fans said they would be in the lead going into Monday nights game since the Wings had to play Philly, a Hot Columbus, Colorado and New York (Rangers), and we wen't 4-0. We could easily go 2-0 over the next two games, and Minnesota is not to be taken lightly. They could frusterate goal scorers all night.

We'll have to wait and see. Should be interesting. Good summary post though. thumbup.gif

But, too many people are saying that the only reason the Predators win is because of Vokoun. or they say "just because you have a good goalie, doesn't make you a good team". Well, my argument to that is that we still win when we don't have Vokoun in net. So, obviously the Predators are a good team.

Agreed. Luongo isn't winning too many games for the Panthers these days.

...bottom line is, the Wings are a bunch of SLOW, OLD, SOFT,  EUROPEAN *******...

...say what you guys want about Datsyuk and Zetterberg, but I would take any member of the Preds young North American offense over either of them.  Why you ask?  HEART!

...is was so evident over the last two games that not only does Nashville seem to be better than us now, but in three years they are going to be tearing us up.  Especially when our old fart North American players retire, and all we have left is the soft, ***** Europeans with no HEART.  Oh well, that is why we love Kenny Holland so much, I guess my sig stands true today as it did on draft day.  Can't wait until we are 90% European, then we'll really kick some a$$...

...oh, by the way, I guess Hasek wasn't washed up, I am sure glad we hold grudges and opted for CuJo over him last NHL season.  Even though Hasek is a European, he is still the best goaltender in the World, and to give that up for free, wow, that's just another great move by Holland...

...well maybe Ilitch will wake up one day and realize that his team is not in a downward spiral, they are going straight down, FAST!

RED WINGS = PATHETIC!!!

The Detroit Red Wings are pathetic? Are you trying to be funny?

I can't believe that you people call yourselves FANS. You've got to be kidding me. They lose two games in a row and they are pathetic? Do you not know that in an 82 game season EVERY single team will go through losses? You're complaining because they've lost two in a row..if they were to win the last two then I bet your post would of never been made.

Love the way you hate on Euro's and saying they have no heart. Especially since THEY are the ones who play out of their minds, and never take a shift off game in and game out. What the heck are you watching?

I understand that people get upset with their team after losses, but you went overboard. Calling yourself a Wings fan is laughable after that type of post. Wings are looked upon as the best in the league, no one has puck possesion, and the chemistry that the Wings do. Sure, we are soft. How do you know that won't be addressed around the trade deadline? And how do you know that they won't step up their game come playoff time and play a more physical role? They are capable of doing that.

And to think us Wings fans were the best... rolleyes.gif

...how do I know? Well, I have seen it all too many times before. And it's not being upset after 2 losses, but all season the Wings, even when they win have seemed slow and old. An no our Euro's have no heart compared to the players on Nashville, it is painfully obvious. If you were a true fan, you'd be able to take the blinders off and see the truth and admit it...

...And no, they won't get more physical at the deadline, never have, and no they won't step it up in the playoffs, this is an end to an era and I can't wait to laugh in Ken Hollands face when his Euro-drafts pffft out...

rofl, do you have any idea what you're talking about?

uh yeah, when it came time to decide on whether or not to re-sign Dom and trade CuJo, we opted to keep CuJo. Now we are stuck with Osgood and Legace (average to good at best) while Dom is tearing up the league...

...Do you know what you are talking about?

Hasek pretty much made the decision for the club, the way he handled the situation there was no possible way to keep him.

Don't act like this was just a Cujo or Hasek decision.

you know what i found pretty funny yet pretty pathetic are the wings fans. it was easy to see many open seats at the arena last night and u never hear wings fans chanting or anything. the only time i heard them chanting was when OT started and thats it. it was weak. come and see when the wings play the preds at the GEC and u will see fans that are really into the game. Wings Fans=Bandwagoners

Wings Fans=Bandwagoners

No, they're just spoiled, being the best team in hockey the past 15 years will do that for you. The reason the Predators fans are more excited is because success in hockey is new to them and very exciting,

you know what i found pretty funny yet pretty pathetic are the wings fans. it was easy to see many open seats at the arena last night and u never hear wings fans chanting or anything. the only time i heard them chanting was when OT started and thats it. it was weak. come and see when the wings play the preds at the GEC and u will see fans that are really into the game. Wings Fans=Bandwagoners

what game were you watching? eh... i was at that game and they didnt only chant in overtime, they were chanting every peroid, so take back what you said and actually pay attention to the game instead of the TV. mad.gif i dont understand how people can lie easily like that. dry.gif

EDIT: and oh yeah how are we band wagoners if almost in every city you hear "lets go red wings". even in nashville you hear that chant so what are you talking about.

Edited by Datsyukdeke

The fans at the Joe are pathetic? Tell us something we don't know. Unfortunately for the true Wings fans, one side effect of our team's long term success is that corporations have bought up pretty much the entire lower bowl in season tickets and don't use them when they don't have some VIP to entertain. Then when they do use them, they show up fashionably late, spend most of the game in the Olympia Club, and then leave early. The crowds in standing room and the upper bowl are much better.

Don't judge the entirety of the Red Wings' fan base on the mere 20,066 people who are fortunate enough (even when most don't realize it) to actually have tickets to a game. How about the 1.2 million who have turned out for the last two Cup parades if you want some chanting. biggrin.gif

Some Wings fans are bandwagoners, agreed. But you're kidding yourself if you think some Preds fans aren't either. Every team has 'em.

what game were you watching? eh... i was at that game and they didnt only chant in overtime, they were chanting every peroid, so take back what you said and actually pay attention to the game instead of the TV. mad.gif i dont understand how people can lie easily like that. dry.gif

EDIT: and oh yeah how are we band wagoners if almost in every city you hear "lets go red wings". even in nashville you hear that chant so what are you talking about.

Thing is, you can't really hear the upper bowl/standing room folks on TV all the time. You have to get a good majoritiy of the arena going for it to be clearly heard on TV and with the lower bowl nearly empty or nearly comatose for most games, that doesn't happen nearly often enough.

What hockey4life doesn't understand is having a team that is so successful that having lower bowl tickets to their arena has become a status thing that is used by major corporations to woo important clients who couldn't really care less about seeing the Red Wings game, only that being seen at Joe Louis Arena is the thing to do in Detroit. rolleyes.gif

I don't know what it is about expansion teams, but I just can find myself to respect them or their fans for that matter. Thus far Nashville has accomplised nothing. and hockey4life you got alot of nerve rippin on our fans, do it to my face and I'll beat you worse than your UncleDaddy does with a switch, @%#%^$&@# Redneck!