• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey0382

College Football

Rate this topic

Idaho, Eastern Michigan, then Pitt.

Now there's a schedule to make anyone quake.

I shouldn't talk much. My beloved 'Hoos are playing Pitt, Wyoming, Western, and East Carolina for a non-conference schedule. But then, our final three games are Miami, Florida State, and Virginia Tech, so I'm not sorry. The ACC is no joke.

Now there's a schedule to make anyone quake.

Aren't you a Weasel fan too, BRTD? They sure scheduled some powerhouses for non-conference games. The thought of going up against Central, Vanderbilt, and Ball State (all at the big house) is enough to keep Lloyd Carr up at night crying in fear ;)

Aren't you a Weasel fan too, BRTD? They sure scheduled some powerhouses for non-conference games. The thought of going up against Central, Vanderbilt, and Ball State (all at the big house) is enough to keep Lloyd Carr up at night crying in fear ;)

Our pansies could beat your pansies :P

Anyway you're probably right....overall, MSU has the tougher schedule. They have to play Michigan.

I can't wait for this season to start. I'm a HUGE Notre Dame fan, though the only game I plan on seeing this season is Northwestern coming to the Big House.

BTW, if you are interested, I've formed a Yahoo College Pickem league. Feel free to sign up if you want.

League ID 10051

Password: Pistons

T-minus just a few days for my school to debut on Sunday. Lookin forward to seeing TCU on the tele vs. Baylor to start (I'll wait for you all to tone down the excitement on that matchup :lol:)

Really, really looking forward to driving up in about two weeks though for TCU-Texas Tech. Both schools are in the top-25, should have A LOT of scoring, and TCU never sold out any games when I was in school there despite how they've put out really good teams more often than not since the late 90s. The stadium seats roughly 46,000, so there could be an overside crowd close to 48,000, but that could be stretching it. This game is though and hopefully the crowd will be loud for a change.

Thanks Chamber

Just bought my Vandy tickets off eBay

Hey BRTD, will you be going to the Big House this weekend?

Nah, I may not even be in town yet. I don't have plans to see any games at the Big House this year....in fact, this may be the first year in a while I haven't gone to a football game. There's still hope, though.

Who's ready for some football?? I changed my avatar for the new season!! GO GREEN!!

The Spartans have sold out of season tickets. I have no idea why, I guess everyone wants to see the inevitable train wreck :lol:

changed my avatar for the new season too. GO GREEN!! GO WHITE!!

I will restate my season predictions picking the championship game and the 6 major conference champs.

ACC: Miami

BIG EAST: West Virgina

BIG 10: Ohio State

BIG 12: Texas

SEC: Auburn

PAC-10: USC

Ohio State defeats West Virgina in the National Championship game.

No tournament OR playoff - EVER - in college football! I feel very strongly about this. By using a tournament, they're trying to solve the Auburn problem, in which Auburn was one of three undefeated teams, only two of which could play for the national title. Someone got left out. But in a four or eight team tournament, more teams will be complaining that they're just as worthy as those who did get selected.

Seems like every year the experts try to find plausible scenarios for the BCS to implode, and every year it works out just fine. Sure, the BCS is weird and myself, I'd like to see the plus-one idea the commissioners seem to like. But anything's better than a damn playoff. Keep the tradition of the bowl system.

PS: Cut the bowls way down, please. Keep the following bowls:

Rose

Orange

Sugar

Fiesta

Cotton

Holiday

Gator

Citrus (NOT Capital One)

Peach (NOT Chick-Fil-Friggin-A)

Independence

Liberty

Sun

Motor City

Alamo

Hall of Fame (NOT Outback)

Copper (NOT Insight)

Aloha

Chosen for their names and/or tradition and because I like having one in Detroit, and because there should always be a bowl in Hawaii, and Hawaii Bowl is a boring name. The rest can take off and shove it. There are 33 bowls, which means more than half the teams in I-A will play in one. Actually, what I'd like to see is a rule: Rank the bowls in a hierarchy and then tell them that if there aren't enough bowl-eligible teams, some bowls get chopped, and financially reimbursed by the filthy-rich NCAA. Make seven wins the requirement.

My man love for Mike Hart continues. But this Minor fella just showed some nice wheels.

Seem to be having some difficulties receiving though... Manningham, Massey have dropped good throws, Henne has overthrown open receivers a few times.

Just keep coming... first down pass dropped by Breaston, resulting FG try is blocked down to the Vandy 45. Ugly sequence right there.

so your basically saying that you don't consider the NFL a legit sport. NFL has a playoff, they do not have a tournament. There is a difference between the two postseason systems.

Tournament or playoff. The NCAA tournament is indeed a playoff, one and done in a tournament format. D-1 football is the only NCAA sport not to have a tournament or playoff to end the season. The whole Bowl system sucks. If you can sit back and say you like the bowl system better, than you obviously dont tune in for March Madness, which is easily the most exciting sporting event every year.

End of the half thoughts: Comedy of errors on offense continues with butterfingers Grady fumbling in scoring position again... but Lamar Woodley and the defense are dominant, except for getting fooled by a gadget play.

Ugly looking game after the first drive, but it still is looking to me like a Michigan W.

End of the half thoughts: Comedy of errors on offense continues with butterfingers Grady fumbling in scoring position again... but Lamar Woodley and the defense are dominant, except for getting fooled by a gadget play.

Ugly looking game after the first drive, but it still is looking to me like a Michigan W.

I think Michigan will pull this out. The play has been a bit sloppy but that's ok, we're still controlling the game. The offense needs to take some pressure off the defense though. It's not fair to ask them to preserve a 6 point lead when the offense can (and should) be able to rack up at least a couple more touchdowns.

On a sidenote, I was pleasantly surprised to see Brandon Minor from Richmond, Virginia (where I live) in there for the Wolverines. He went to high school less than 20 minutes away from my house. :thumbup:

Lastly, dear Jesus Christ, please please PLEASE safe guard Mike Hart.