• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey0382

College Football

Rate this topic

Not for my school. :lol:

This is the first time in forever that TCU is ranked this high this early.

TCU started the season 22nd, have opened the season with a win over an improving Baylor team on the road, a lopsided win at home against a I-AA team, and a very impressive win at home against Texas Tech, limiting their high-powered offense to ONLY 3 POINTS.

And since TCU is not in one of the BCS conferences, they lose once, they could probably their chance goodbye.

If TCU gets past their next two foes, pretty challenging games against BYU and at Utah, they will flirt with a top-10 ranking and the schedule softens up some. Still, I don't care if you are in the Big 10, SEC, or the grammar school flag football team. Going undefeated against ANYBODY is very difficult. But, if they can get past these next two games, and take the rest of their games seriously, they've got a really, really good chance.

So them moving up a lot of spots this early is very important for their cause in making it to one of the big bowls.

They didn't play Michigan or Ohio State last year either and they still tanked.

What moron made the Big Ten schedule - how could they not get Michigan OR OSU for two straight years? :huh:

I agree they will choke - that would be a travesty if they won w/o playing the best teams in the conference.

What moron made the Big Ten schedule - how could they not get Michigan OR OSU for two straight years? :huh:

I agree they will choke - that would be a travesty if they won w/o playing the best teams in the conference.

One of Mich and OSU will have a loss...the other stands an excellent chance of being undefeated in the conference.

Purdue would have to win all their conference games to win the big ten title...and if OSU ends up winning out or with their only loss to Michigan, they could well still make an at-large bid. OSU will be on top until they lose, and if that loss is to Michigan, they might not drop very far. Would be interesting if it were 1-2 OSU/UM, and ended up #1 UM, #2 OSU heading into the bowls.

I really want to see more Kevin Grady when Hart is getting shut down. Grady brings a different kind of style to the field.

How are you feeling spartan fans? I just have a feeling MSU is going to win tonight. Everything is against them: ND coming of a blowout game, and ND usually always wins in EL, but I still think they're going to win.

I went out to watch an expected LSU win tonight and glanced at MSU-Notre Dame a good bit. They were taking it to them just about the whole game, but I just get home a few minutes ago with MSU only up by 4 now. Going to be interesting last 5 minutes!

I predicted that ND would lose this game as well...

EDIT: *sighs* after that Stanton interception :lol:

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

MSU will deceive me no more. I honestly thought when I left last night early in the 4th quarter they had this one in the bag and they were over their sleepwalking ways.

Typical flakeout job by them unfortunately. I don't know if they'll recover from this one, a loss like this would be pretty damn hard to get over.

In the meantime, go Froggies! Big game Thursday against a pretty good BYU team. I'm hoping their quarterback is still out (not for the QBs sake or b/c I might dislike him :lol:) because John Beck is as good a QB in the country right now. TCU will be favored in this game at home, probably around 10 at leat, but I wouldn't be surprised if this game was a lot closer.

If BYU can stop TCU's offense, there could be an upset. Even though TCU shut down Texas Tech's high-powered offense, I'm not expecting them to be as successful in stopping BYU's high-powered attack, because Beck is a lot more experienced and seasoned right now than TT's current quarterback.

The TCU-BYU game last year was crazy.

BYU was winning 34-16 late in the 3rd quarter.

TCU's starting QB at the time got knocked out with an injury, so I was like, we're screwed.

The backup QB (who is the current QB now) came in only throwing one pass in his collegiate career. He slowly chips away at the BYU defense and TCU mounts a ridiculous comeback, taking a 44-41 lead at one point with about 1 1/2 minutes left in the 4th. The QB was just playing and leading amazing under extremely adverse conditions on the road against a pretty decent-sized crowd.

BYU ties the game up with no time left to go into OT. They score on their first play to take a 50-44 lead but on the extra point, the holder bobbles the snap. TCU chips away on their chance, on 3rd and goal from about the 3-yard line they hand it off on a wide receiver end-around type play, he fumbles it on the goalline and BYU recovers, but the refs rule there was no conclusive evidence to override the TD call. TCU kicks the extra point and wins 51-50.

Definitely one of those game I wish I could've recorded.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I know state fans will get mad at me for this, but Stanton is a choke. The fumble I'll let go because the conditions were as bad as they almost could be, but the INTS were bad. Stanton is the the face of the team. The team reflects his play. He had the perfect time to shine in front of the whole entire country, and totally choked. I really felt for the kid.

After another lose like this, I think if John L loses to U-M he won't have a job after the season.

I know state fans will get mad at me for this, but Stanton is a choke. The fumble I'll let go because the conditions were as bad as they almost could be, but the INTS were bad. Stanton is the the face of the team. The team reflects his play. He had the perfect time to shine in front of the whole entire country, and totally choked. I really felt for the kid.

After another lose like this, I think if John L loses to U-M he won't have a job after the season.

If John L gets fired, Mariucci will be new head coach at MSU.

In other news...if Michigan wins their next three games, they will be guaranteed a spot in the top five, and have a good shot at the top three or four.

Games of note:

Oct 7th: LSU vs Florida (go LSU)

Oct 14th: Auburn vs Florida (go Florida)

I'm just wondering when the voters will catch on that West Virginia HAS NOT PLAYED ANYONE YET. Why is WV getting first place votes?? THEY HAVE DONE NOTHING BUT BEAT SECOND-CLASS TEAMS.

I had a great time at the Michigan game this weekend. My mom got alumni seats and we were 7 rows away from the field. Here are some pictures from the game.

Team before the game:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/hap.../Pullman002.jpg

The team's entrance:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/hap.../Pullman006.jpg

First drive:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/hap.../Pullman013.jpg

Hart about to score:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/hap.../Pullman015.jpg

4th quarter scoreboard:

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c398/hap.../Pullman017.jpg

Go Blue!

Edited by Happy Pancake

i don't think u can say if ohio state wins this game they will go undefeated. there's a lot of football to be played. they first have to get by iowa this saturday, a road game to msu, another road game to northwestern, then back home against michigan. all those teams will play ohio state tough. i know everyone looks at northwestern and laughs. but the last time the bucks went there they lost in overtime. but michigan can't get ahead of themselves either. i think penn st will give michigan problems in beaver stadium. penn st will be looking to get back at michigan after losing in ann arbor, and then against iowa will be tough. i think this will be one of the best seasons in the big ten. after watching osu/penn st beat each other up on saturday, hopefully this means there's more to come.

State fans? They seem to kind of disappear after a big loss, except for Timothy1997, or in the event they manage to beat Michigan. ;)

I don't think Stanton is that bad - the whole team tends to choke sometimes. The interception at the end off of a State guy's back was something only the Irish could concoct. It's only one loss - heck us UM fans have to live with an early loss to the Irish half the time - not the end of the season.

Smith just ain't the guy. Sabin might have been, but he was turd for leaving. Guy in between (?forgot name) was a disaster - so much so the Lions wanted him. Mariucci would be interesting, although after his botch job with the Lions, I wouldn't bet the house on it. They need a young energetic coach, someone who wants to make a name for himself and will be grateful for the shot at it.

State fans? They seem to kind of disappear after a big loss, except for Timothy1997, or in the event they manage to beat Michigan. ;)

I don't think Stanton is that bad - the whole team tends to choke sometimes. The interception at the end off of a State guy's back was something only the Irish could concoct. It's only one loss - heck us UM fans have to live with an early loss to the Irish half the time - not the end of the season.

Smith just ain't the guy. Sabin might have been, but he was turd for leaving. Guy in between (?forgot name) was a disaster - so much so the Lions wanted him. Mariucci would be interesting, although after his botch job with the Lions, I wouldn't bet the house on it. They need a young energetic coach, someone who wants to make a name for himself and will be grateful for the shot at it.

Bobby Williams was the coach in between.

I never liked John L. Smith. His coaching kills the team more than helps them.

Mariucci has always been a very good college football coach. He got lucky with good players in san fran IMO. Mariucci to MSU would make a lot of sense since he is from michigan and his best friend, Tom Izzo, coaches the MSU basketball team.