• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Zeta Power 40

Nolan rejected Trade to Red Wings

Rate this topic

One of the (many) things I hate the Avs for was the way they treated Adam Deadmarsh. While his

newborn premature twins were still in the ICU of a Denver hospital, the Avs traded him

to a team 1000 miles away. I know hockey is a business, but it is nice to see the Coyotes have enough respect for a person that they would consider his personal situation before they just dump him.

:thumbup:

Guest Don Corleone

ARIZONA REPUBLIC: David Vest reports Phoenix Coyotes forward Owen Nolan could've been dealt to the Detroit Red Wings yesterday but turned the deal down. He doesn't have a no trade clause but the Coyotes asked his approval anyway.

Spector's Note: As TSN's Darren Pang observed yesterday, Nolan's wife is pregnant and neither he or the team wanted any undue stress on his family. The Wings obviously made an offer and the Coyotes out of courtesy asked Nolan if he was interested.

Too bad. The Wings could've had two of the biggest cheap shot artists (BertuSHE being the other) in the league. :lol:

dunno if I would take Nolan or Bert at this point in time. One's playing, and putting up points, the other is not. But agree with the family point. Definetly do wonder what the wings offered.

Good for Nolan putting family/personal things first, the next Owen Nolan Jr. is the most important thing in his life right now, and if I were him, I'd want to be around for him as much as possible as well.

And for those of you saying something like his loss or I'm glad he's not coming here after this situation, shame on you. Show some more class.

I'm Glad that they didnt get Nolan...If they got him they probably would not get Bertuzzi becuase of the cap. I think Bertuzzi will be more productive then Nolan anyway

Edited by Token

Guest MrSandMan

Kudos for doing what's best for his family first...

...And Kudos for the Yotes to respect him enough to even care about how "he feels". Not many organization give two s***s about their players when it comes to business.

Guest nutz2u

You konw, there's always the possibility that Calder was the second option. Nolan's contract is half of Calder's so Burttuzzi and Nolan would have fit just fine under the cap. Knowing how important the "Cup" is to hockey players This guy has gained a lot of respect from me with the decision he made. :thumbup:

According to the papers, Nolan would have been brought here IN ADDITION to Bert and Calder. That would have been great depending on what we were going to give up for him. I've always liked Nolan and thought that Holland should have signed him in the off season. Too bad he didn't.

According to the papers, Nolan would have been brought here IN ADDITION to Bert and Calder. That would have been great depending on what we were going to give up for him. I've always liked Nolan and thought that Holland should have signed him in the off season. Too bad he didn't.

That would have been the ultimate trade trifecta. But I respect Nolans decesion to stay where he's at.

Which means Holland deserves even more credit. He already added Calds and Burt and he was going to add Nolan TOO. The man knows what he's doing.

Anyways..like everyone said, family does come first. But let me tell ya..if the Wings win the Cup, he'll regret it.

Which means Holland deserves even more credit. He already added Calds and Burt and he was going to add Nolan TOO. The man knows what he's doing.

Anyways..like everyone said, family does come first. But let me tell ya..if the Wings win the Cup, he'll regret it.

Well let's not give Kenny too much credit on this one. First we don't know what he was going to have to give up to get Nolan. And, more importantly, he could have just signed Nolan this off season and not given up anything.

I doubt it would sting that much. If I was in Nolan's shoes (or skates), sure I'd probably be asking what if's, but the health of your family/kids/spouse domes first, not your job, so I wouldn't have too much regrets if I had to stay in Phoenix for this scenario.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hah! So, I was right after all! I said from day one that we would try to go after Nolan.....didn't think he would reject coming to Hockeytown though.

In normal circumstances im 99% sure he'd be estatic to play for a winning team again.

Guest toolz19

We could have had Nolan for cheap at the beginning of th year why would we want to trade for him now. A good no deal.

Guest Don Corleone

Personally I would take Bertuzzi before Nolan any day of the week, especially if he can get back to his old form :D

What's that, being one of the biggest jerks in the league? Yeah, there's something to be proud of. :lol:

Keeps getting classier and classier in Detroit.

Maybe BertuSHE can help you guys burn something down.

Edited by Don Corleone