• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
imisssergei

In line to netmind?

Rate this topic

The UFA goalies worth thinking about are only these three: Giguere, Backstrom from MN, or Biron. The last two are not really proven starters yet.

And Joseph and Belfour are the UFAs next season as well. So Holland has a fallback. :P

Biron signed with Philly for two more years, and Backstrom is in contract talks with the Wild. Giguere is too expensive. Eddy in 07-08? Better off than Dom!

What are smoking man ? Hasek sucks ? Theodore is a starter ?

And SVPCT is more important then GAA ?

Jesus .. Get a brain man.

Hah, your avatar alone suggests you are the one in need of a brain. If you would have actually read the post, you would have seen I suggested Theodore would only be the starter IF he could regain his MVP form.

And yes, Sv% is more important than GAA. Every watched a hockey game? A goalie can have one or two bad games, letting in say 6 goals, or go the other way and have 6 or 8 shutouts. Both senarios would create a drastic change in GAA. However, Sv% wouldn't really change a whole lot. Sv% is the true measuring stick for a goalie as it shows you how good he really is, not the team in front of him.

Put down the pipe....

What a brilliant idea - lets get rid of one of the best goalies in the league (by almost any standard) and bring in a netminder who is hitting rock bottom to check if he improves or not??? :crazy:

Unless both Dom and Ozzie absolutely sucked in the playoffs, there'd be riots if Theodore showed up in Detroit!! And even with that I think Belfour might be a better idea than Theodore.

Simply put, if Dom shows in the PO that he can step it up when the season is on the line, and if he still wants to play next year there is no way he could get the boot.

Not much there , Gigeure or CuJo maybe ?

I'd keep Hasek though

Giguere is highly overpriced. We'd be strapped to make any other moves if we signed him.

I think that if Dom doesn't come back, and we need a stop-gap goalie so Howard has some more development time, guys like Thibault or Lalime would be interesting options. Obviously this would not be the long term plan, but these guys are certainly good enough goalies to be short term options until Howard is ready.

Mind you I only say this if Dom retires. My first choice is to keep him, as he is still a good goalie.

I suggested Theodore would only be the starter IF he could regain his MVP form.

This is where I lost you - how on earth can you predict whether a seriously underperforming player can regain his form of years back???

Your posts show only one thing - you cannot stand Hasek. Your arguments are beyond contempt.

Hah, your avatar alone suggests you are the one in need of a brain. If you would have actually read the post, you would have seen I suggested Theodore would only be the starter IF he could regain his MVP form.

And yes, Sv% is more important than GAA. Every watched a hockey game? A goalie can have one or two bad games, letting in say 6 goals, or go the other way and have 6 or 8 shutouts. Both senarios would create a drastic change in GAA. However, Sv% wouldn't really change a whole lot. Sv% is the true measuring stick for a goalie as it shows you how good he really is, not the team in front of him.

Put down the pipe....

My avatar ? Im damn proud of Lilja for sticking up for his team and yeah , he wants a cup , who doesnt ?

Theodore will NEVER re-gain his form , watch a couple of his friggen games , hes terrible , did you see his 02 stats ? They werent even that good , Hasek's 02 stats were 10x better then Theodores.

Heres an interesting statistic about Jose , He isnt even a .500 goalie in his career. Hes sub .500 in both regular season and Playoffs.

Sv% may be important , but ae you telling me Ryan Miller isnt a good goalie ? his SV % sucks , but hes still one of the best in the NHL right now.

Oh , and I have watched many Hockey games , If a goalie faces 100 shots and lets in 5 goals , woo-hoo he has a bad GAA and a good Sv% , but ultimetly he loses that game. Haseks only lost 11 games this season , and has a .909 sv % , Thats AMAZING.

You put down the pipe buddy ..

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

This is where I lost you - how on earth can you predict whether a seriously underperforming player can regain his form of years back???

Your posts show only one thing - you cannot stand Hasek. Your arguments are beyond contempt.

Just as I can't predict Theodore success, you can't predict his failure. Theodore posseses a great talent, whether or not he can tap that talent again is yet to be seen.

The reason I cannot stand Dom is he makes things harder than need be, and gives up too many soft goals. He will only get worse. There is no getting better for a guy in his position.

My ideal signing would be Belfour. He is a proven winner. He has done it his whole career. I know he doesn't exactly have a warm place in the hearts of most Detroit fans, but he is miles ahead of Dom.

Just as I can't predict Theodore success, you can't predict his failure. Theodore posseses a great talent, whether or not he can tap that talent again is yet to be seen.

The reason I cannot stand Dom is he makes things harder than need be, and gives up too many soft goals. He will only get worse. There is no getting better for a guy in his position.

My ideal signing would be Belfour. He is a proven winner. He has done it his whole career. I know he doesn't exactly have a warm place in the hearts of most Detroit fans, but he is miles ahead of Dom.

He has 1 friggen cup , shut up please.

Dom has won more in his career then Eddie .

Theodore posses nothing more then a bad back-up potential

Giguere is too expensive.

He is making 3.9 this year. Let's aay he'll make 4.5-5 as a UFA. That's not too expensive for a #1 goalie in his prime.

Eddy in 07-08? Better off than Dom!

How do you figure that one?

Belfour is only 3 months younger than Hasek. And he is playing like he's 5 years older.

Your dislike of Hasek appears to be irrational. You so far failed to defend any of your contentions.

Time to stop and ask yourself: "Do I have any rational reasons to want Hasek gone? Do those reasons stand up to scrutiny?"

Edited by sibiriak

My avatar ? Im damn proud of Lilja for sticking up for his team and yeah , he wants a cup , who doesnt ?

Theodore will NEVER re-gain his form , watch a couple of his friggen games , hes terrible , did you see his 02 stats ? They werent even that good , Hasek's 02 stats were 10x better then Theodores.

Heres an interesting statistic about Jose , He isnt even a .500 goalie in his career. Hes sub .500 in both regular season and Playoffs.

Sv% may be important , but ae you telling me Ryan Miller isnt a good goalie ? his SV % sucks , but hes still one of the best in the NHL right now.

Oh , and I have watched many Hockey games , If a goalie faces 100 shots and lets in 5 goals , woo-hoo he has a bad GAA and a good Sv% , but ultimetly he loses that game. Haseks only lost 11 games this season , and has a .909 sv % , Thats AMAZING.

You put down the pipe buddy ..

Yeah Lilja. Why don't we make him a number one dman with Nick? You know just because he ONCE he decided to stick up for someone. Right buddy. He didn't care about his teammate. He was just doing what he thinks is necessary to get on the playoff roster. And if you are in the NHL, but don't want to win a Cup, what's the point?

How can you say Theodore won't regain that MVP form? Crazier things have happened. Hell, didn't your boy Lilja score this season? Oh wait, that's right, he hasn't yet.

If you want to put out some number examples, please learn how to do the math before you use it as an example. But just to give you an idea of how wrong that 5 goals against in 100 shots is, the NHL leader in Sv% realisticly speaking is Luongo. He has let in 158 goals on 2040 shots. His Sv% is .923, STELLAR. Using your example, 5 goals allowed in every 100 shots, Luongo would cut that 158 GA down to 102. Yeah, I think you are right, his Sv% must go down the toilet too. Please, do us all a favor, when your second grade teacher asks who needs help with math, RAISE YOUR HAND SPARKY!!!

He is making 3.9 this year. Let's aay he'll make 4.5-5 as a UFA. That's not too expensive for a #1 goalie in his prime.

How do you figure that one?

Belfour is only 3 months younger than Hasek. And he is playing like he's 5 years older.

Your dislike of Hasek appears to be irrational. You so far failed to defend any of your contentions.

Time to stop and ask yourself: "Do I have any rational reasons to want Hasek gone? Do those reasons stand up to scrutiny?"

Belfour is actually playing very well in front of a very bad defensive team in Florida. Scouts say his back is getting stronger, and he is getting back to form. He is nowhere near as fragile as Dom is.

As for Giguere, he will command $5.5-$6 mill per on the UFA market. The Wings just don't have the money to sign him and afford to keep Dats, Hank, Bert, Lindstrom, ect...

Yeah Lilja. Why don't we make him a number one dman with Nick? You know just because he ONCE he decided to stick up for someone. Right buddy. He didn't care about his teammate. He was just doing what he thinks is necessary to get on the playoff roster. And if you are in the NHL, but don't want to win a Cup, what's the point?

How can you say Theodore won't regain that MVP form? Crazier things have happened. Hell, didn't your boy Lilja score this season? Oh wait, that's right, he hasn't yet.

If you want to put out some number examples, please learn how to do the math before you use it as an example. But just to give you an idea of how wrong that 5 goals against in 100 shots is, the NHL leader in Sv% realisticly speaking is Luongo. He has let in 158 goals on 2040 shots. His Sv% is .923, STELLAR. Using your example, 5 goals allowed in every 100 shots, Luongo would cut that 158 GA down to 102. Yeah, I think you are right, his Sv% must go down the toilet too. Please, do us all a favor, when your second grade teacher asks who needs help with math, RAISE YOUR HAND SPARKY!!!

Just so you know , Lilja was playing with Lidstrom in the playoffs last year.

He isnt my boy , and your logic makes no sense , Is Lilja an offensive d-man ? Nope , I dont expect him to score.

Im glad to see you like Luongo and all , but his Sv Pct means nothing to me , His wins is all I care about and he has 44 , which is nuts.

And dude , gimme a break with your math garbage , this aint school , Its Hockey , and Hasek's 1st in GAA and in the TOP 10 FOR SV% , Geez , he should be first in both categories right ?

How about this for stat , Detroit are one of the best defensive teams in the NHl , reasons Hasek doesnt stop alot of shots , HE DOESNT FACE ALOT. Vancouver is one of the worst , thats why Luongos Sv% is good.

Your blind hate for Hasek makes me sick , Hes 42 years old and one of the best goalies in the league , its sorta amazing.

Eddies 41 and not even close to being betetr , yet you want him as starter :rolleyes:

As for Giguere, he will command $5.5-$6 mill per on the UFA market. The Wings just don't have the money to sign him and afford to keep Dats, Hank, Bert, Lindstrom, ect...

Whos Lindstrom ?

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

How can you say Theodore won't regain that MVP form? Crazier things have happened.

You are getting really tiresome. The main point is - WE DO NOT HAVE TO SAY OR PROVE ANYTHING - Theodore sucks and has done so for quite some time and there is no indication he is about to change.

If you want us/Wings get interested in Theodore - YOU HAVE TO PROVE IT TO THEM THAT HE IS WORTH CONSIDERING - and rock bottom price just wont cut it - Wings management is not into saving, they care only about WINNING!!!

And about Belfour being much healthier than Dom - this season we have seen so many younger goalies with a better health record fall to long-term injuries, (DiPietro being the last example) that this argument just doesnt make sense - there is no way to predict which goalie will break down and which will stay healthy.

Can you put together any other argument why to get rid of Hasek?

The only fair stat to judge a goalie with is his Save Percentage. Dom is .910, Ozzie .904, and Theodore .890.

And what do you mean Dom has been more durable this season? Than what or who? Dom is not even a true nuber one anymore. Seriously, how could he be described as a 'number 1' when for the better part of the season didn't play road or back to back games?

"Seriously", you need to think about things before saying them. What you claim about the road and back to back is crap, he plays on the road plenty and back to backs are about all he doesn't play. Do you consider these goalies "true nuber ones?"

Ryan Miller-58 games

Hasek-53 games

J.S. Giguere-54 games

Cam Ward-56 games

Nikolai Khabibulin-55 games

Olaf Kolzig-51 games

So... ...what are you trying to prove with this? You don't have to be playing 75 games a season to be a number one goalie.

Also have to disagree with you on save percentage as an individual stat--it is especially difficult to have an inflated SP when your team doesn't let any shots through; a perfect example is this year with Dom. Do you really believe if Detroit gave up 30+ shots a night that any more goals would go in? But just 5 outside chances per night would raise the Dom's sp from an apparently average .910 to a near league-leading .925. 5 extra easy saves per game. Does this really help measure a goalie? Take it from me, it doesn't.

Belfour is actually playing very well in front of a very bad defensive team in Florida. Scouts say his back is getting stronger, and he is getting back to form. He is nowhere near as fragile as Dom is.

Belfour started 2 (two) games more this season than Hasek. Belfour played over 50 min. less than Hasek in total ice-time this season. How does this suggest that Hasek is more fragile?

Belfour let in 0.69 G per game more than Hasek, while having a worse Sv% by 9 % points.

Belfour has 1 SO to Hasek's 7.

How does that suggest that Belfour is a better goalie??

Belfour is the same age as Hasek, so why do you think Hasek too old, and Belfour just right for the Wings next year???

You make no sense. It also seems to me that you don't want to listen to sense. So i'm done wasting bandwidth on you. Note, that not a single poster has supported you re: Hasek vs Belfour/Theodore. This in itself has got to be some kind of record.

Edited for typos.

Edited by sibiriak

A few of my friends and I were talking about the Wings goaltending situation next year. We all tossed around ideas off each other. Everything from signing Kipper or J.S. as UFA's, to keeping Dom. I am of the strict line of thinking that Dom needs to go. He is no better than Osgood, so why bother to keep him around when he is one injury away from being the biggest distract since.....he was last time he was with Detroit? I don't see why we would.

Please stop posting.

When both are healthy, Hasek is better than Osgood. Plain and simple.

Biron signed with Philly for two more years, and Backstrom is in contract talks with the Wild. Giguere is too expensive. Eddy in 07-08? Better off than Dom!

Again, please stop posting bad ideas.

Belfour started 2 (two) games more this season than Hasek. Belfour played over 50 min. less than Hasek in total ice-time this season. How does this suggest that Hasek is more fragile?

Belfour let in 0.69 G per game more than Hasek, while having a worse Sv% by 9 % points.

Belfour has 1 SO to Hasek's 7.

How does that suggest that Belfour is a better goalie??

Belfour is the same age as Hasek, so why do you think Hasek too old, and Belfour just right for the Wings next year???

You make no sense. It also seems to me that you don't want to listen to sense. So i'm done wasting bandwidth on you. Note, that not a single poster has supported you re: Hasek vs Belfour/Theodore. This in itself has got to be some kind of record.

Edited for typos.

Clearly you didn't read all of the posts, one said something to the effect of "I was just thinking the same thing this morning". Regardless, I don't need anyone to agree with me, nor do I feel the need to follow every trend.

One major difference between Belfour and Hasek you are missing here, is Belfour started this season as the backup to Auld. He played his way into the starting job. Yeah, I know it was Auld he beat out, but nevertheless, he still had to prove himself. That is why it is amazing that Eddy has started as many games as he has, he has only been the starter for less than half of the season.

And when I say Belfour is less fragile than Dom, look at their careers. Dom sat out nearly an entire season because of an injury, when was the last time Eddy missed a season?!

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything about Belfour being a better goalie because of his age in comparison to Domss. For that matter, I never said there was a problem with Doms age, merely that he was old and fading, or something to that effect.

All of my thoughts are just that, thoughts. It's amazing how defensive you get about getting rid of a goalie who at best will see one more year in Detroit. All I am suggesting is getting the ball rolling in another direction, sooner than later.

Of the available goaltenders on the free agent market, the only one who is worth pursuing as a starter is Giguere. He should make around 6m this offseason, which is beyond what the Wings can realistically spend on a goaltender. None of the others is an upgrade over Osgood.

The only one remaining who looks to have a contract that will be cheaper than Osgood's is Jamie McLennan, who is far from the worst goaltender available.

If the Wings choose not to use Liv or Howard as backup, and Hasek does not return, McLennan is the only logical choice for signing a free agent goaltender.

Clearly you didn't read all of the posts, one said something to the effect of "I was just thinking the same thing this morning". Regardless, I don't need anyone to agree with me, nor do I feel the need to follow every trend.

One major difference between Belfour and Hasek you are missing here, is Belfour started this season as the backup to Auld. He played his way into the starting job. Yeah, I know it was Auld he beat out, but nevertheless, he still had to prove himself. That is why it is amazing that Eddy has started as many games as he has, he has only been the starter for less than half of the season.

And when I say Belfour is less fragile than Dom, look at their careers. Dom sat out nearly an entire season because of an injury, when was the last time Eddy missed a season?!

Don't put words in my mouth. I never said anything about Belfour being a better goalie because of his age in comparison to Domss. For that matter, I never said there was a problem with Doms age, merely that he was old and fading, or something to that effect.

All of my thoughts are just that, thoughts. It's amazing how defensive you get about getting rid of a goalie who at best will see one more year in Detroit. All I am suggesting is getting the ball rolling in another direction, sooner than later.

Defensive? Why, you didn't attack me or mine. There's no reason for me to be defensive. There is, however a reason for me to be irritated reading someone irrationally pusing an indefensible point in multiple threads, regardeless of the almost unanimous opposing opinion supported with valid evidence.

If you suggested replacing Hasek with a good young goalie, who is realistically available for the next season, then you'd have a leg to stand on. But bringing up Belfour or Theodore as possible replacements, and then trying to defend that suggestion by arguing that they are better than (or even comparable with) Dom, is beyond laughable. It's like if someone was seriously trying to prove that the sun is blue. Please, don't insult my intelligence.

If we stop responding and encouraging this poster's nonsense, he will go away. It is your attention he craves. I won't validate him anymore by trying to refute obvious attempts to bait forum members. <_<

Forgotten Yzyman, Jamie, Scott, and Sandy so quickly? Ok, this guy is pretty bad too. :P

right, HoH. He may well be Jamie, since Stevie Y is gone, he's picked another target.