• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WingNutt

Osgood gets the last laugh

Rate this topic

I'm sure this was discussed in the GDT already, but I thought it was funny how early on in the game, after Nashville got the first goal, they began taunting Osgood and then Ozzie responds with playing I would have to say his best game of the season. Shutting down the Preds left and right. In the end Ozzie gets the last laugh.

Nashville fans were loud and smack talking when they scored first then after we tied it and Ozzie's performance made the GAYlord Entertainment Center as quiet as a Church.

I wonder if Bert got a kick out of them booing him also :lol:

Great Game Ozz :clap:

When you taunt you can get burned... Nash Taunts, Ozzie he kicks ass.... Wings Taunt Sergei, he scores the game winner.

Glad Ozzie had a helluva game!

When you taunt you can get burned... Nash Taunts, Ozzie he kicks ass.... Wings Taunt Sergei, he scores the game winner.

Glad Ozzie had a helluva game!

man and im so glad that feds got that goal against us..it made me feel all warm and fuzzy...hahahah whatever :)

yeah i loved that last night...shut those buck tooth hillbillys up...oh wait..i can't call them names...what if i was raised right in nashville? can i call them names?? well actually it was a small town west of nashville. even more hillbilly then nashville. hahaha

that was awesome how the oz played awesome even after they were messing with him...go ozzie

tbh the way Ozzie is playing atm i wouldn't be incredibly worried if Dom got injured

although obviously i'd prefer Dom in there

Edited by Cicada

man and im so glad that feds got that goal against us..it made me feel all warm and fuzzy...hahahah whatever :)

I am guessing that is sarcasm considering your previous posts.... and yeah, I said that as an example of how the preds must feel now ragging on Ozzie like they have... I doubt all warm and fuzzy inside :sly:

Edited by OsGOD

Guest micah
yeah i loved that last night...shut those buck tooth hillbillys up...oh wait..i can't call them names...what if i was raised right in nashville? can i call them names?? well actually it was a small town west of nashville. even more hillbilly then nashville. hahaha

Can we all just agree that Detroit is full of nothing but gun-toting middleschool dropout thugs with grillz on their teeth and Nashville is inhabitted exclusively by toothless redneck Nascar fans?

Just an unbelievably inspired 60 minutes of play by Oz. He looked calm and collective all night long, and gave Nashville nothing. :clap:

It's a shame he didn't get one of the three stars for this game.

it is, but as someone pointed out, the Nashville media picked the stars, so go figure. <_<

Can we all just agree that Detroit is full of nothing but gun-toting middleschool dropout thugs with grillz on their teeth and Nashville is inhabitted exclusively by toothless redneck Nascar fans?

No becasue I read a article that the kids are starting to get grills in Nashville and talked to atleast 10 people that live outside of Nashville and they say Nashville is a poor excuss of a town.

tbh the way Ozzie is playing atm i wouldn't be incredibly worried if Dom got injured

although obviously i'd prefer Dom in there

I was one of the Osgood haters! but sometimes you have to suck it up! I think hes playing great!!! I actually agree with your comment a hundred percent.

Edited by <nightwing>

I'm an off and on fan of Ozzie. If he is playing well and doing great, I love 'em but if he starts to suck it up? Screw him. ;)

Though he hasn't really had any bad games this year. Any games he lost, he didn't have a whole lot of support from the Wings.

Guest Crymson

I'm sure this was discussed in the GDT already, but I thought it was funny how early on in the game, after Nashville got the first goal, they began taunting Osgood and then Ozzie responds with playing I would have to say his best game of the season. Shutting down the Preds left and right. In the end Ozzie gets the last laugh.

Nashville fans were loud and smack talking when they scored first then after we tied it and Ozzie's performance made the GAYlord Entertainment Center as quiet as a Church.

I wonder if Bert got a kick out of them booing him also :lol:

Great Game Ozz :clap:

Ozzie did definitely play a great game. Indeed, the Nashville fans are also a bunch of punks.. even over the radio I could hear loud "Red Wings Suck" chants. I thought, how about chanting "Nashville loses"?

Your use of homophobic insult in this case is juvenile. Please desist.

Well, we taunt EVERY goalie. Even if we were losing 10-0 and scored a meaningless goal in the last minute, we'd still do the goalie chant. I really doubt that ANY goalie in the league gets rattled by it if they even notice it. The main chanting section is at the complete opposite end of the ice that the Preds shoot twice against, and i've sat right behind the goal and you really can't hear what they're saying. Heck, my usual seats are just a couple sections away from them and while it's easy to make out most of the chants, if they break out a new one, I usually can't understand what they're saying.

And for the record, it's no longer the Gaylord Entertainment Center. It's just the Nashville Arena once again. Gaylord pulled their sponsorship a long time ago, but allowed the Preds to keep their name on the building (how thoughtful), but this season it's been an off and on thing, some people still called it gaylord, some called it the arena, or the BOB(barn on broadway), or the HOP(house of the predators). But in the last week or two, the Predators have really been pushing Nashville Arena and do anything and everything to avoid the name Gaylord.

There is much speculation that this is because of an imminent deal with a large auto manufacturer who is moving their corporate headquarters to Nashville (look it up for which one) for the naming rights on the building. It's supposed to be anywhere from a 5-10 year deal. So anyone who thought that the situation here was actual as poor as the canadian media would have you believe, you are mistaken and signing a 10 year deal proves it. The Preds are in Nashville for the long haul, corporate support is coming around slowly, youth hockey is building slowly and attendance is improving.

Not that most of that had to do with Ozzie, he played a magnificent game last night, and really has had the Preds number all season. Don't flame, because i'm not looking to start any arguments, just stating some facts.

6-1-1, wow I didn't realize our record was so good against them this season. Cheers!

and trust me, a lot of the fans here STILL think that the Preds have no problems. That we'll be just fine in the playoffs. That the Preds don't have any problems winning the big games. It gets old sometimes hearing all the excuses that are made down here for why the Preds can't beat the Wings when it matter, and have amassed a terrific 3-8 record in the playoffs.

and I hate to knock my team. But sometimes facts are facts.

Edited by Legionnaire11

and trust me, a lot of the fans here STILL think that the Preds have no problems. That we'll be just fine in the playoffs. That the Preds don't have any problems winning the big games. It gets old sometimes hearing all the excuses that are made down here for why the Preds can't beat the Wings when it matter, and have amassed a terrific 3-8 record in the playoffs.

and I hate to knock my team. But sometimes facts are facts.

no worries. Some people criticize us for picking on our players, too. They can always be better. ;)

Well, we taunt EVERY goalie. Even if we were losing 10-0 and scored a meaningless goal in the last minute, we'd still do the goalie chant. I really doubt that ANY goalie in the league gets rattled by it if they even notice it.

Exactly. Happens all the time no matter where you go. These people act like they've never been to a hockey game before.

Not that most of that had to do with Ozzie, he played a magnificent game last night, and really has had the Preds number all season.

:clap: