• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Sparty13

Hull: Datsyuk won't re-sign because of Babcock

Rate this topic

Hullie actually really annoyed me during the game today.

hmp.

how could Dats not be happy here?

im not saying it in an arrogant way,

but look at the Wings,

always a competitive team (didn't Dats win a Cup as a rookie?)

hes putting up points,

Wings are right in the middle of things again with the play-offs.

1st place.

who could be upset with that?

ps. i think Babs is a great coach.

I wouldn't believe any of it... I watched the entire game and Hull just made an ass out of himself, he said some of the dumbest s*** it made him look like a real idiot IMO.

Some of the other things he said were... penalties shouldn't be called when a blowout game is almost over....good one.

and he always talks s*** about younger players who he doesn't know anything about (Kyle Quincey, etc.)

Guest paveldatsukthenextsavard

hull has a big mouth, and as far as datsyuk having issues with babcock, if it were true, we wouldn't hear it from hull first.

a couple weeks ago Mickey Redmond said Holland and Datsyuk's agent were almost at an agreement, and Datsyuk was happy with the way things were going. Although he also said Holland would prefer to sign him before the playoffs begin

yeah and wasn't datsyuk quoted that he wanted to stay here?

I think too many of these rumors feed on each other. You see one saying that somebody somewhere is unhappy with Babcock and then three more pop up, and suddenly Yzerman is coming out of retirement to skate in the playoffs, he'll take Pavel's spot after he leaves out of dissatisfaction with Babcock, Shanny's on his way back, and Redmond is being hired as the new head coach. Like everyone else, I'm curious to figure out how Hull knows who Datsyuk is friends with, how he feels about Babcock, and where he wants to sign.

You bring up a good point. When did Dats and Ovechkin spend enough time together to become best friends? Surely not the olympics, and I can't think of another time they played together.

Datsyuk and Ovechkin played together in Dynamo during the lockout and were also roomates. i remember in an interview someone asked alex what he did in his spare time or something like that , and he replied that he played fifa soccer on playstation with Pavel.

This interview also makes reference to the fact that the two are buddies.

http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?i=sl&a...ings&id=316

i could see the appeal of Pavel wanting to play with Ovechkin.. but I guess we will wait and see.

Hull's been Pavel linemate for some time and I could believe this rumour has some essence as Brett can IMHO know something more than it's being said in public.

whether Datsyuk does want to leave Wings because of Babcock is another question. I don't see him having a superstar attitude and I think he's well aware that Detroit gives him a good chance to play a great game and enjoy hockey and earn good money, while leaving to another city could make some of this factor(s) worse.

my biggest concern for now is how Datyuk will perform in playoffs and what his greedy Meehan(?) will ask Holland to pay. if I'm correct Meehan already raped Smyth and pretty much made the trade to Islanders. I hope Datsyuk is more aware of the "hockey world beyond money and ego" and he's reasonable with this issue. I don't want him to leave just to get more money but loose fun of playing game and compete at high level. he's better than this

Lots of players hate their coaches, they aren't there to be liked but get a job done for the franchise. I remember Shanny once saying that the guys hated Scotty 364 days a year, but on the other day they picked up their rings! I'll settle for the same from Babs and I'm sure the players would to.

I don't buy it at all.

Honestly, what could Datsyuk not be happy about? Babs says nothing but great things about the guy and gives him more ice time than any forward out there. What more do you want?!

Agree !

I love Brett, he's on of the all time cool.

But I just don't buy this.

Nice try though Brett ! ;)

Let's see, Babcock got run out of Anaheim, even though he took the team to the Stanley Cup Finals because the players hated him, earlier in the year Schneider said he was going to "wrestle" with him, Shanahan unexpectedly left, Yzerman retired, numerous reports of unhappy players, an article printed in St. Louis about how unhappy the Red Wing players were with Babcock (info could have come from Legace or Rivers) and now Hull says Datsyuk won't return because of Babcock. That's a bit too much to be considered coicidence, don't ya think? Have we ever heard of a player defending him? I can't recall one time.

Babcock is a great coach but an absolute Hitler in practice. (how many groin injuries this year?) He wears out his welcome quickly, which appears to be what is happening here. Since Hull still communicates with players from the team, it seems that his information could very well be legit.

Hull is just sore becasue the NHL & Detroit gave Stevie the retirement ceromony of the decade and nobody outside of St. Louis even payed much attention to his...

I have learned over the years that Brett just likes to run his mouth a little to much. Could this be inside info and pretty legit, sure. Do i really buy into what Brett has to say, not really.

I think that as long as Pavel has a good playoff this year that he will be a Red Wing aging next year. He will get a decent contract and should get a multiple years.

just my thoughts

I believe it. I know a few of the players have a problem with Babcock and I know that he is one of the reasons Shanny left. I dont know exactly what they dont like about him but I know he is not a well liked coach.

I believe it. I know a few of the players have a problem with Babcock and I know that he is one of the reasons Shanny left. I dont know exactly what they dont like about him but I know he is not a well liked coach.

Players hated Bowman. Owners and fans loved him. Maybe it's the same with Babs.

Hull's been Pavel linemate for some time and I could believe this rumour has some essence as Brett can IMHO know something more than it's being said in public.

whether Datsyuk does want to leave Wings because of Babcock is another question. I don't see him having a superstar attitude and I think he's well aware that Detroit gives him a good chance to play a great game and enjoy hockey and earn good money, while leaving to another city could make some of this factor(s) worse.

my biggest concern for now is how Datyuk will perform in playoffs and what his greedy Meehan(?) will ask Holland to pay. if I'm correct Meehan already raped Smyth and pretty much made the trade to Islanders. I hope Datsyuk is more aware of the "hockey world beyond money and ego" and he's reasonable with this issue. I don't want him to leave just to get more money but loose fun of playing game and compete at high level. he's better than this

Meehan's not Datsyuk's agent... he's got Greenstin (who's just about as greedy/shrewd/obstinate as Meehan) ;)

The rumors about Datsyuk and other players not being happy with what the coach seem reasonable. Look at the team defense they're playing. You think the players came up with that on their own? Hell, no. It's a lot of work. And a lot of star players, players exactly like Brett Hull, don't believe they should have to kill penalties and backcheck. They feel like they're out there to score goals, not play defense. They'll do what the coach asks, but they don't have to like it.

The thing is, this Wings team was taking on an arrogance and a sense of entitlement about what they should and shouldn't have to do over the past few years. And the veterans like Shanahan and Hull were a part of that. Hall Of Famers aren't as impressionable and as easy to mold as young guys still trying to find a place in the big leagues. The coaching staff knew they couldn't impose their will on a bunch of old timers the way they could on a hungry, young group of guys. Even Yzerman sensed this. So you have a different team now, one more inclined to follow their head coach, who has a "my way or the highway" system.

Will this be a successful long term strategy for Babcock? I don't know. But teams that win Stanley Cups play this kind of hockey. That's why dynasties are so rare. And in the post-lockout NHL, they're only going to be more rare. You win while you can. Datsyuk will have to decide whether playing for a team that is committed to winning is worth putting up with a ball busting coach. The transition with Datsyuk this year is noticeable. I think he's becoming a more complete player this year. It's like he's turned some kind of corner. You remember people talking about how this team's young stars would never reach their full potential or leadership until Yzerman and Shanahan and some of the older vets left? Well, I think there was truth in that and you're seeing evidence of it now. Datsyuk has become a two way player, like Yzerman had to become for the team to win.

It's up to Datsyuk how much all this is worth to him. The winning, the growth as a player, all of it. It could be easier, and maybe more lucrative, to play somewhere else. But there's a tradeoff.

Well, if this is true, which is more valuable? Babcock or Datsyuk?

Babcock. I am tired of player power plays in professional sports. If ownership doesn't back a coach, you get the Detroit Lions. (Prima Donnas)