• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
JPriceless101

What is wrong with Robert Lang?

Rate this topic

Guest LivingtheDream

Jesus Christ, some of you people only watch 1/2 a game I think. Either that or you only use 1/2 your brain.

Did anybody happen to see who the Wings player was that backchecked all the way back to the Wings goal last game and tied up the attacker in front who nearly scored? That was Lang.

Did anybody catch that shift, I think it was in the 2nd period where he gained puck possession with his size and positioning and then deked two guys, maintained posession and almost got us a decent chance. I don't remember the play entirely I just remember 2 guys trying to get the puck and neither could because of Lang's ability to stickhandle and his size/strength on the puck. Nobody notices those little things.

Maybe i'll do a Lang perspective on tonights game. I'll Tivo the game and watch every one of his shifts and we can analyze his entire game instead of having the same 8 people + newbies come in and continue to hack on Lang for giving up a puck in the offensive zone or for not streaking in on net like Pavel Bure. I think its high time people stopped feeding the misinformation machine on Lang. He's better than his detractors think.

We don't utilize him enough to pay 3.8 mil for sure, but he's far from the terrible player some make him out to be.

okay, well how about that energy filled sort of break way in the 1st. A BJ broke his stick, Lang had a chance and then all but suantered into other zone to almost lose the puck and then make a bad pass. That play could have been something with a bit of energy, but he showed zilch in effort. IT was pathetic.

I hate to break it to you guys, but he was still a decent player when he turned it up a notch in the playoffs. Hes no longer a decent player. The only thing we can hope for is a respectable showing from him in the playoffs. His post-season superb performances are over. Nobody with the crappy work ethic and forever reliance on skill is going to go from night to day in the playoffs.

What is wrong with Robert Lang?

well since he is using Dats' stick now, and he still isnt doing alot of anything, I think we can safely assume that his problem is NOT his stick :)

I hate to break it to you guys, but he was still a decent player when he turned it up a notch in the playoffs. Hes no longer a decent player. The only thing we can hope for is a respectable showing from him in the playoffs. His post-season superb performances are over. Nobody with the crappy work ethic and forever reliance on skill is going to go from night to day in the playoffs.

How can you know that his superb post-season perfomance is over, when the post-season hasn't started yet?

By your reasoning, if Lang performs yet again this playoffs, then he is still a decent player.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Whoever made of the phrase 'Lang is lazy and he sucks' is on my list.

I am so sick of that phrase. I know it's a tongue in cheek joke - even with some truth to it. I get it, and it was funny for about the first 1,282,421 times, but then it got stale.

And now, it's a substitute for people watching the games, or thinking for themselves.

Edited by Offsides

Wait until playoffs

We will.

^ If you don't believe him, check the stats. Lang has been the most reliable playoff performer for the Wings since he's joined the team.

Cup must be heading our way,I mean Lang's going to be huge in the playoffs. So are Z,Hasek and even Datsyuk's going to succeed this year.

Great news! :thumbup:

:champs:

Unfortunately for all his PO points, Lang on the ice means the other team will also score routinely... which sort of cancels out some of his nice post-season performance.

This is my problem with him. He does produce, but still not enough to outweigh the fact that he's a defensive liability, which did come back to bite the Wings vs the Oilers.

Edited by GuloGulo

Unfortunately for all his PO points, Lang on the ice means the other team will also score routinely...

Damn, I was expecting to see him in the negatives for plus/minus stats after reading statements like. Imagine my suprise when I found him sitting at a +12. :rolleyes:

Please Try again. :thumbup:

Jesus Christ, some of you people only watch 1/2 a game I think. Either that or you only use 1/2 your brain.

Did anybody happen to see who the Wings player was that backchecked all the way back to the Wings goal last game and tied up the attacker in front who nearly scored? That was Lang.

Did anybody catch that shift, I think it was in the 2nd period where he gained puck possession with his size and positioning and then deked two guys, maintained posession and almost got us a decent chance. I don't remember the play entirely I just remember 2 guys trying to get the puck and neither could because of Lang's ability to stickhandle and his size/strength on the puck. Nobody notices those little things.

Maybe i'll do a Lang perspective on tonights game. I'll Tivo the game and watch every one of his shifts and we can analyze his entire game instead of having the same 8 people + newbies come in and continue to hack on Lang for giving up a puck in the offensive zone or for not streaking in on net like Pavel Bure. I think its high time people stopped feeding the misinformation machine on Lang. He's better than his detractors think.

We don't utilize him enough to pay 3.8 mil for sure, but he's far from the terrible player some make him out to be.

Glad I wasn't the only one.

I complain about Lang nightly, as well, but still complement his great plays, two of which you described.

And, yes, I am aware of his playoff performances. I just hope he really steps it up this playoff season, because he's taken far too many minor penalties for 3.8 mil.

Damn, I was expecting to see him in the negatives for plus/minus stats after reading statements like. Imagine my suprise when I found him sitting at a +12. :rolleyes:

Please Try again. :thumbup:

What? In the regular season you mean.

Against the Oilers (who scored 11 ES goals), Lang was on the ice for 7. He doesn't PK, so that's irrelevant.

Three goals were Oiler GWG:s.