• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Detroit Vs Calgary Predictions

Rate this topic

Detroit in 5, and here's why:

Calgary's biggest advantages last time were skewed officiating and a ridiculous advantage in physical play.

The officiating should be much better with all the attention being paid to bad officiating the past couple years, and Calgary has lost physical presence while Detroit has gained it.

Calgary won't be able to manhandle Detroit, and that will result in Detroit running the table at home and taking a game in Calgary as well.

Wings in 6

Well, let’s see… the last three times the Wings were eliminated from the playoffs went like this: our opponents employed the trap, played a physical game, kept them to the perimeter and had their goalie stand on his head. Basically, the word is out on how to beat the Wings in the playoffs. I don’t see why Calgary will want to alter that formula. Sure they have more big guns up front this year, but a run-and-gun approach is much riskier with a team like Detroitâ€â€especially if Zetterberg returns in typical form. They might want to mix up their attack some to keep the Wings guessing, but I don’t think they ‘ll stray much from the aforementioned playoff formula. The Flames can use those offensive weapons for quick counter-attacks: to pounce on (Lilja the turnstile’s) turnovers, I daresay.

Realistically, the Wings will likely face a one-two-two of some kind for a good chunk of the 1st round series. I think that Bertuzzi could be a factor in busting the trap. Having the big guy charged with retrieving the puck and pressuringâ€â€i.e. bearing down on---the defenseman going to get it, could finally give the wings a legitimate dump-and-chase option. Even for guys like Regehr and Phaneuf, having Bertuzzi coming at them in the corner might make them make a hastier pass. As well, having known puck stealers like Hank and Pavel on Bert’s coat tails could make it doubly difficult in their end. Hopefully, Bert is back and ready to bang ‘em come Game 1.

A lot depends on Babcock. If he can’t counter the trap, or, he has his point men fire pucks into shinpads all series again, were gonna struggle. He should be able to out-maneuvre Playfair though, you’d think.

The pressure on Pavel is unbelievable…but the way he’s played all year tell’s me he do great! It’s also up to his teammates to not squander his set –ups, because we know there’ll be plenty of those once again. The Wings have been concerned with preparing for the post-season all year, they’ll be ready.

Scott Burnside gave this predictions on ESPN.com...

"How do you feel about seven straight one-goal games? As terrific a series this promises to be, this season's Red Wings have a bit more sand than previous editions; the Flames, a little less. That'll make all the difference. Detroit in seven."

I didn't mean that he was the only one we have to shut down, i am just hopeNiggy has a ruff series.

Niggy?

I'm sure that's meant to be shorthand for 'hoping Iggy', but damn Imus, you need to be more careful.

With all of these predictions for this series, one would think they were at a Flames forum. I mean shouldn't all Red Wings fans believe that they are going to win? What's the point in watching if you assume they are going to lose? I know recent history should give us all doubts about these playoffs, but let's have some faith in this team. I respect everyone's own personal predictions, but it doesn't seem right to ever pick against the Red Wings. Stanley Cup #11 is coming to Hockeytown, Believe!

Uh... because I suspect they are some HOCKEY fans here... not just band-wagon wings fans.

And thus, they are smart enough to form their own opinions without homer biases.

Personally, I do believe the Wings will win. 5-6 games. I predict at least one Bert-Iggy fight & one fight from Hudler vs. anyone... well anyone on Calgary that is. ;)

Actually, there isn't another western team that I'm truly 'afraid' of... nor are there any I think are pushovers. It's a tight balance... I think I'd rather see Minnesota, Dallas & Nashville come out of the 1st round though... simply because I think those are the weaker teams in their respective series'.

The east... well, Buffalo does frighten me. Penguins might also be tough... who woulda thunk it? Pit is going to have some high scoring games (both in goals & goals allowed). I'm hoping Buf get's this years 'upset' award...

Okay boys, I know this is doubtful, but if, and I mean IF Detroit loses the first game (even second), just remember... 2002!

Hah... I was on a LONG business trip to Norway for the entire first 2 rounds in 2002. I had to listen to streaming audio, over a 28.8, at 3AM in the morning. Sucked... the link was up & down... so I missed a lot.

But, as I recall... losing game one and two was just what was needed to really get Dom pissed off. And when that happens, he's likely to setup the game winning goal. ;) Dom's one of the most competitive athletes there is, period. And a little adversity is likely to improve his performance...

Guest tangstoiggy

Ha, Flame are the Underdogs....I Love...and so do they. No better place to be....Underdogs like in 04, and Like the Oiler last season....Whoo Hooo

Now the Pressure is on the Wings, after finishing 1st again, to see if they actually make it out of the first round, Pressure on a team that finished 1st to prove it can after seasons of disappointment.

I LOVE IT

Ha, Flame are the Underdogs....I Love...and so do they. No better place to be....Underdogs like in 04, and Like the Oiler last season....Whoo Hooo

Now the Pressure is on the Wings, after finishing 1st again, to see if they actually make it out of the first round, Pressure on a team that finished 1st to prove it can after seasons of disappointment.

I LOVE IT

Depends on who you ask. After three years of you-know-what, there are a lot more people leaning towards the Flames this season. Not TSN, apparently, but plenty of other outlets that wouldn't have considered it in '04.

Underdog, favorite, no matter. Best team wins.

I LOVE IT

I have the exact and opposite viewpoint. One of us is right and you are wrong!l lol. Best of luck to you and the Flames, but it ain't your turn this year. I am looking forward to this series and am glad that we have some of the enemy fans here to keep us company.

Since winning the cup in 02...each team to beat the Wings has went on to go to the Stanley Cup Finals (and lose in Game 7). Now either the Wings give their playoff opponents magical powers that propels them to the Finals, or the Wings have unfortunately ran into teams who weren't going to get beaten by anyone.

Do I think the Flames are a team like that this year? No, but I didnt think that about the Oilers either.

Since winning the cup in 02...each team to beat the Wings has went on to go to the Stanley Cup Finals (and lose in Game 7). Now either the Wings give their playoff opponents magical powers that propels them to the Finals, or the Wings have unfortunately ran into teams who weren't going to get beaten by anyone.

Do I think the Flames are a team like that this year? No, but I didnt think that about the Oilers either.

im gonna go with the magic powers

:clap: absolutely. we have just run into teams who were going to be in the finals. they played absolutely fantastic on their way to the finals. This year I think the wings are going deep into the playoffs.

Guest tangstoiggy

Depends on who you ask. After three years of you-know-what, there are a lot more people leaning towards the Flames this season. Not TSN, apparently, but plenty of other outlets that wouldn't have considered it in '04.

Underdog, favorite, no matter. Best team wins.

I have yet to see one broadcast of them picking the Flames over the Wings...if you know of one, please let me know.

The fan960 here in Calgary is about the only one...and hey, its in Calgary.

I have yet to see one broadcast of them picking the Flames over the Wings...if you know of one, please let me know.

The fan960 here in Calgary is about the only one...and hey, its in Calgary.

Al Strachan, Ted Montgomery, Adam Proteau, and Ken Campbell have all picked Calgary. I've seen a few others pick Calgary too.

Guest tangstoiggy

Al Strachan, Ted Montgomery, Adam Proteau, and Ken Campbell have all picked Calgary. I've seen a few others pick Calgary too.

thanks, who do they broadcast for.....Sorry, but I am blonde and a women... :blush:

thanks, who do they broadcast for.....Sorry, but I am blonde and a women... :blush:

:lol:

Strachan is from Fox, Montgomery is from USA Today, and Proteau and Campbell are from the Hockey News.

Guest tangstoiggy

:lol:

Strachan is from Fox, Montgomery is from USA Today, and Proteau and Campbell are from the Hockey News.

and your laughing at me......why

Anyway This is too funny

US reporters and broadcaster are picking a Canadian team and

Candian broadcasters are picking a US Team

How Ironic is that :rolleyes:

and your laughing at me......why

Anyway This is too funny

US reporters and broadcaster are picking a Canadian team and

Candian broadcasters are picking a US Team

How Ironic is that :rolleyes:

reverse tactics