• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

KrazyGangsta

Detroit Vs Calgary Predictions

Rate this topic

a humble wings fans breakdown of the series and why we're going to win this in 7

Number one.

home ice advantage, in a sport where that word losses more and more meaning as the years go by the wings have been utterly lethal at home. I'm sure most of you know but we've only lost 4 game at home all year. That my friends should scare the pants off the flames at the prospect of entering our building. Combine that with the flames horrible away record and you have a recipe for a disaster. If the wings can win one on the road we could even win this in 5.

Number two

Better defense- or as i like to refer to it "we don't have hatcher anymore" Remember watching with pain, Hatcher skate around the ice at slightly faster than your grandma? Not here folks, All our D-men can skate and a few of them like lebda can flat out fly. Add that to the ever present nick lidstrom and we have a serious edge D wise.

Number three

This team will not lay down and die like previous years-I remember a quote from jason williams after he got traded that the key to beating the red wings, was to beat up on them. Not now J-willy. With the addition of calder, and Bert playing with some gusto again. This team is the grittiest team in years. This season i've seen Datsyuk lay someone out, I've seen markov eat more than one forward,.. hell i've even seen Lilja fighting recently, this team is nothing like the 06 squad. The revelatory spark that we need so badly last year, is here.

Number four

Pavel Datsyuk and Dominic Hasek. Both of these men have massive things to prove. Hasek was the scapegoat when Ottawa went down, and his toughness and didcation were questioned because he never played in that series. He's been phenomenal all season. But as any sabers (or wings fan before 03) will tell you, this man plays his best during the playoffs. Think kipper was amazing in 04? Look up hasek in 99,...without brett hulls foot, a very medrocer Sabers team would have won that cup. As for Dats, anytime anyone talks about this man, that's all they say,.."he cant' score in the playoffs, he can't do it when it mattered". Well for the past few seasons neither has our entire team sans Zetterberg and Lang. He was injurded last year and it showed and a fully healthy Dats should scare the flames.

Number five

Robert Lang

Is lazy and he sucks,...Accept during the playoffs, Bad ass Bob is going to bring it.

Number Six

This is not the same old red wings

We have a true break here, from teams past. This isn't steve's team anymore. And while that sucks, it's also not brett hull's or Shanny's team. It's not covered much in the news, but outside of chelly, this is the youngest wings team in a long time. Expect to see that on the ice. Not everyone and there mom on this team has a ring, but a lot due. A good mix of youth and leadership will give us the advantage.

Edited by theman19

During the Avs/Flames game today, that one ****** commentator for the Avs said that the Flames will win the series, mainly due to our aging defense and the absence of Kronner. I hate this guy. After the 14 game win streak by the Avs, I'm very happy we're facing the Flames instead.

Edited by ShanahanMan

I like the fact that I have faith in this team after February when I didn't have it in October. Biggest thing is that Holland impressed me by going out and getting Calder and Bertuzzi. Also, even though I hate Lilja, he has shown some big time upside in these last few games by showing a willingness to stand up for his teammates and for chemistry building, that is huge.

I am very confident that the Wings will win this series, but I have to say one thing.....

Game 3 is without a doubt the most important game of this series for the Wings to win. Don't think the Wings don't know that they have sub-par performance out west. If they win game 3, they will without a doubt win the series, assuming they also won one of the home games. If they can't win game 3, it's going to be alot harder.

Edited by Herr Hockey

I am very confident that the Wings will win this series, but I have to say one thing.....

Game 3 is without a doubt the most important game of this series for the Wings to win. Don't think the Wings don't know that they have sub-par performance out west. If they win game 3, they without a doubt will win the series, assuming they also won one of the home games. If they can't win game 3, it's going to be alot harder.

I can't say I am confident with the wings winning, actually I am probably the opposite. But I agree about game 3. Lost game 3 to the preds in 04, even though they won the series, did they lost game 3 to the flames that year too? I think they did. And then last year lost game 3 to the oilers.

Game three is the most important game of every series. If you are tied 1-1 you go up in the series, if you are down 2-0 you are back in it and if you are up 2-0 you are one game away from the sweep. I am always a believer that you are doing yourself no favors by dropping either game one or game three of a series. granted game one is very early but that puts pressure on you to almost have to win game 2.

As of right now being the optomist that I am, I pick the Flames in 6.

I completely understand all of the points people are making in favor of the flames, and to be honest with you, I only have one reason to say we are going to win this series. I just can't see us dropping another first round. The team knows whats expected of them, and Babcock knows it to, because he doesn't want to lose his job.

It may be shotty reasoning, but I have strong faith in it. Get past round 1, and nothing is stopping this team.

Get past round 1, and nothing is stopping this team.

I agree totally. If they can get out of the first round it, as funny has it sounds, becomes easier. You start getting into a flow by then and get confidence. And look what they have done since 97 when they get out of round 2 they win int all. Haven't lost in a later round since 96 to the avs. I hope they can pull it off. The one thing I have to say about them losing early the last few years is that you appreciate a series win now more than we used to I think.

I completely understand all of the points people are making in favor of the flames, and to be honest with you, I only have one reason to say we are going to win this series. I just can't see us dropping another first round. The team knows whats expected of them, and Babcock knows it to, because he doesn't want to lose his job.

It may be shotty reasoning, but I have strong faith in it. Get past round 1, and nothing is stopping this team.

I agree totally. If they can get out of the first round it, as funny has it sounds, becomes easier. You start getting into a flow by then and get confidence. And look what they have done since 97 when they get out of round 2 they win int all. Haven't lost in a later round since 96 to the avs. I hope they can pull it off. The one thing I have to say about them losing early the last few years is that you appreciate a series win now more than we used to I think.

agreed with both of you.. wings will be unstoppable if (when) they beat the flames

go wings!!

You know, its really too bad that Kronwall got hurt, He would have been PERFECT for this series IMO. Big defenseman who LOVES to throw the big hits at the blue line...its just too bad. :(

I'd love to have him in the lineup too... Kronwall lays on the big hits, but he is FAR from a big defenseman... he's 5'11", like 170 lbs... why do you think he's getting injured so much? He needs to add some serious mass.

My Heart Says:

Red Wings in 6 games :D

My Head Tells Me:

Flames in 6 games. :crazy:

Folks...this is going to be the same story all over again.

Flames out hustle the older Wings.

Flames out fore-check the Wings.

Kiprusoff stands on his head and does somersaults...Wings forwards can't score. Datsyuk remains scoreless.

Flames out hit the Wings.

Flames fans slam Red Wings for not filling up the seats at JLA and cheering like crazy for the Wings.

Sigh.

Guys, the Wings have a terrible time in western Canada. That being said I firmly believe they will win a very hard series in 7 games. The 2 teams in the west that can beat the Wings this year I believe are the Ducks and Sharks. I like Calgary, but I do not believe they have the fire power to beat the Wings. Now of course I said this same thing 2 years ago, but both teams are different from those teams. I also believe all the games will be close and I would like to see the Wings win the first game to set the tone. I know 1 game does not make a series, but you cannot give the Flames an emotional win early.

I just can't see the Flames winning this series. The older Wings that everyone is talking about now skate next to Bertuzzi, and Calder, new faces mean new chances.

The Flames aren't the same type of team they were last time around either. They basically were in a free-fall at the end of the season, with Kipper really not doing too well in net. They are lucky to be in the playoffs anyway, because if it hadn't been for Forsberg and the Preds downing the Avs, the Flames wouldn't even be in.

And if people haven't noticed, the Wings do hit now.

I still have to say the Wings will win this in 5 games.

WINGS IN 5!!!

W, W, L, W, W

Dats= 6 goals, 4 A

Hank= 2 goals, 8A

Bert= 1 goal, 3A

Lids= 1 goal, 4A

Homer= 1 goal, 2A

Schneider= 1 goal, 3A

Markov= 1 goal, 2A

Lilja= 2 fighting majors

That's all I have the guts to predict. GO WINGS!!!

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Guys, the Wings have a terrible time in western Canada. That being said I firmly believe they will win a very hard series in 7 games. The 2 teams in the west that can beat the Wings this year I believe are the Ducks and Sharks. I like Calgary, but I do not believe they have the fire power to beat the Wings. Now of course I said this same thing 2 years ago, but both teams are different from those teams. I also believe all the games will be close and I would like to see the Wings win the first game to set the tone. I know 1 game does not make a series, but you cannot give the Flames an emotional win early.

I don't know why, but I am not scared of the Ducks. We played them really well in the last game by totally shutting their O down. I don't see why we wouldn't do that again.

The Ducks don't scare me but the Sharks do. Not saying the Ducks couldn't beat the Wings but the Sharks just scare me more. I mean any team can beat any other team. To say you know one team will come out of the west you really don't. I think any team could come out of it. you can't say that about the East.

Red Wings in six - Lidstrom will not let this team go down in the first round again. For all of the well-deserved talk about Datsyuk and Zetterberg, the most important player on the Red Wings is still #5. Maybe Lidstrom gets slightly overlooked because we all just expect greatness from him, but his play and leadership will dictate how long this playoff run lasts. Go Red Wings!

Not overly confident really. :ph34r:

However I struggle to contemplate Detroit being knocked out again in the 1st round, surely it can’t happen again? This team is a lot stronger than that of last season, and we have Hasek in net. That right there is a massive upgrade.

No predictions, just extremely anxious.

Calgary in 6.

- Datsyuk will score 1 goal

- Bert and Zetts will only play a handful of games and be sidelined for most of it due to injuries

- Sammuelson will miss the net a lot more than he hits it

- Leijla will cough up the puck more than a puck coughing-up machine.

- Dom will play great but he'll let in a couple of questionable goals that will lead fans to believe he's the reason why we lost despite scoring only 10 goals over the 6 games.

- Draper will have more scoring opportunites than anyone else on the team but will fail to score on any of them and his hands will leave plenty of dried cement on the ice.

- Maltby will score 2 goals in one game.

- Babcock will be fired.

I hope I'm wrong on all but the Maltby predictions. (and possibly the Babcock one if we lose).

But this will be the first year since 91 where I'm not going to get upset over how the Wings win or lose. I have no expectations for this team to do anything.

I love the Wings and I think they did great this year, but we still piled up a boatload of points from feasting on the weakest divsion in the NHL. If we were in any other division there's no reason to beleive that we might be the 7th or 8th seed or possibly even out of the playoffs.

I hate saying it but the last 3 playoff disappointments have shown me that it was no fluke. And our team appears to be a little more grittier but it's still the same soft team that we've seen for years.

Prove me wrong Wings!

Edited by Hank