• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
58Miles2Joe

Ken Holland, the legend continues

Rate this topic

It's this guy's loss , he's going to miss out supporting the team he's followed for 30 year's because we trade for Todd Bertuzzi? That must be the stupidest thing i've ever heard. I wasn't sure how I'd feel when we got Bert but I would never stop supporting my favourite team because of it.

I have been supporting Bertuzzi since the incident, and people like this Mr. Sandrowsky, people who say he is a goon, a "violent criminal", should be suspended from hockey forever, should be in jail, etc...... just........ :flamingmad: :censored:

I have been supporting Bertuzzi since the incident, and people like this Mr. Sandrowsky, people who say he is a goon, a "violent criminal", should be suspended from hockey forever, should be in jail, etc...... just........ :flamingmad: :censored:

I really feel sorry for Bert, he did something stupid that he'll regret for the rest of his life, People like this so called fan need to remember everybody has done things they're not proud of. It's just a shame that Idiot's like him won't let Bert forget about one of the mistake's he's made.

Guest Crymson

I felt the same way about Bertuzzi compromising the integrity of the organization.

However, now that he's here, such feelings are academic; I will hope for the best.

This guy has been a fan for 30 years, and says that Burt tryed to kill Moore. Then he should remember 1991 in Boston when Probert almost killed Lazarov(spelling?). He says he's not going to watch anymore because Bert is a goon and what he did to Moore. Yet, he was OK with Probert and his past.

This guy has been a fan for 30 years, and says that Burt tryed to kill Moore. Then he should remember 1991 in Boston when Probert almost killed Lazarov(spelling?). He says he's not going to watch anymore because Bert is a goon and what he did to Moore. Yet, he was OK with Probert and his past.

Let's not forget Joey Kocurs almost fatal blow to that Minnesota North Star player.

I just find it funny how this article keeps referring to "Mr. Bertuzzi". So gentlemanly! :P

I was one of those people who was simply on the fence initially about the whole Moore incident. But the more I watched the replays, the more I could see that it was just an accident. The way I see it, Bert didn't "mug" him or "tackle" him...he went for a sucker punch to Moore's head and then tripped over a stick. That resulting in him falling on top of Moore with all his bulk and then a pileup of Colorado players (which arguably could have done just as much harm) ensued. It was unfortunate and Bert has to live with that the rest of his life.

One thing that I was always angry about with that game was the goonery displayed by the Avs players and especially the choices Granato made behind the bench (no real surprise, with his history). When Worrell got kicked out of the game, he punched a fan in the face a couple times while going down the runway...and no one said a word about that.

Whether you agree with the Bert trade or not, for any GM to take the time to do something like this is pretty classy if you ask me. :clap:

Sidenote: Funny how this "fan" didn't mention having any problem with Shanny coming to the Wings. Some people seem to think what he "did" (although in a totally different context) is just as bad.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

thats cool that holland actually took the time to talk to him. i would've ignored the call.

He graduated in '65 and has been a fan for 30 years?

Sounds like someone jumped on the bandwagon anyways.......

if a guy's been a fan for thirty years i don't think you can call him a bandwagon fan. and what kind of bandwagon was there in '77 anyways?

Every city has there weird over reacting fans and this one is just one from the town of Monroe. I live there and i wanted Bert over anybody. And also someone mention the mispelling of Vladdys name in the article.. it happens all the time. Sometimes they will say a story continues on a certain page and the second half just vanishes from the paper.. Im serious too. But seriously this guy must be living downwind frim Fermi or something .. damn!

Wow, he is going to stop watching the red wings after being a fan for thirty years? Thats crazy, Bertuzzi is not a bad guy, he just got caught up in his emotions. He apologized, and even though Moore can't except his apology thats no fuault of Bertuzzi's. I can't imagine not watching the wings because their is one player on the team I don't like.

Bertuzzi is a bad, BAD man! :lol:

All my friends .. even non-Wing fans, I told them all that after the puck's dropped at 7PM for Game #1 I won't mention him again in any negative way. :rolleyes: I still got a few minutes ....

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant believe this tool stopped watching the wings because bert is on the wings now. Back in the late 90's not one wings fan would admit to likeing the Avs. I dont like Tootoo but I have to admit watching a Avs Wings game or Preds and Wings game is intertaining. The contact and fast pace. Plus Bert gives the wings a big body again. Somebody who is willing to check. Yeah He got caught up in his emotions! He apologized! He did the time for the crime!

This guy is so dumb! What a TOOL!

Whether you agree with the Bert trade or not, for any GM to take the time to do something like this is pretty classy if you ask me. :clap:

Sidenote: Funny how this "fan" didn't mention having any problem with Shanny coming to the Wings. Some people seem to think what he "did" (although in a totally different context) is just as bad.

completely agreed. I wasnt exactly happy with bert in a red wings jersey but I wasnt happy with the kyle calder trade at first either and ive grown to like calder a lot so im sure most fans will grow to at least respect the guy once they see what he does for the wings in the playoffs.

I personally felt sorry for Bertuzzi after the Moore incident. Its not like he was laughing after it happened, he felt really bad about it. He is human and everyone makes mistakes. He's a big guy, he probably doesn't know his strength sometimes. I have always kind of liked Bertuzzi as a player, and now that he is on the winsg I am happy.

ok, thats it, if you don't get rid of sammy i am going to stop watching the wings :P

The whole Bertuzzi-Moore thing shouldn't have even happened. Bertuzzi wanted to fight Moore, because of Moore's questionable hit on Naslund that injured him. Moore wouldn't fight him, so he sucker punched him. He never intended to hurt him like he did.

Wow, an interesting scenario there...

Never forget what Bertuzzi did a few seasons ago (no need to go into major detail), you don't even have to forgive him for what he did, I have no problem with that either.

However, don't hold the Red Wings accountable for the bad actions of what Bertuzzi did in the terrible incident. It's not all about emotions/bad feelings towards people, you try to get the players to make your team the best they can be.

Holland obviously felt Bertuzzi was one of those guys, the timing was good, and he did what he was supposed to do as a GM, thinking that Bertuzzi could help this team out and snatching him up in a workable trade where both parties seem satisfied.

No emtional attachments or bitnerness involved.

You have to learn to work and live in spite of situations of what happened a few seasons ago. It's a shame this citizen of Monroe cannot do that. I feel sorry for him.

I just find it funny, that he he thought Ken might change his mind because of one person's opinion.

I don't think the man's goal was to change Ken's mind. His goal was to simply tell him how he felt about the guy. Let him see the other side of the argument.

I tend to forgive people of past reprements once they become a Red Wing. Honestly, I never really liked Bertuzzi at all before he came here. He was a real pain to play against. The Steve Moore thing was just kind of a "Well, what a jerk" situation when I looked at it. But now that Bertuzzi is a Wing, all is forgiven in my book. :)

Edited by Kp-Wings