• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockey13Playa

Bertuzzi

Rate this topic

We won two games with no problems when Bert was on the sidelines. Rex has some big plays and is playing like he wants to be out there. I think that he needs to be back in game 4. The team was on a role so why the hell would Babs make changes?

Dumb move IMO

I'm not questioning Babcock's decision to out in Bertuzzi but I am questioning the line-up he used last night. I truly thought that Sammy would sit this one out because that would put Bert on the line with Calder and Lang again. I was hoping to see the kid's stay on a line together again last night. I don't know how much of a difference that this would have made but Flip looked lost with Bert on his line. He didn't have the same type of game that he had in the first two. Bad line combo IMO. I was actually suprised that they didn't try to change it up after a while.

Some of the things said here are just insane. Before the game its all "is Bertuzzi gonne play" "we need Bertuzzi in to bring te physical game" etc. Then he has a subpar performance and everyone wants him to sit. The Wings are a better team with Bertuzzi in the lineup plain and simple. He brings a physical play that nobody else on the wings can bring. Many times last night when Bertuzzi had control of the puck in the offensive zone he would draw two or more defenders in to him. Give him a little more time to get his game back he will make the plays. The guy got 4th line minutes last night so you cant expect him to shake off the rust in that. And he needs to be in to shake off that rust. Whats the point in resting him now when if the Wings advance he doesnt have any play time and would be comming into a tougher series not at game speed. The loss has nothing to do with the team being messed with having Bertuzzi in for Hudler. If anything its its Samuellson or Lang being in for Hudler. But Nicks one bad game in 1000, Dom not comming up with the "game stealing save", but most of all Calgary just played alot darn better.

I don't have any problems with Bertuzzi in the context of this game. He was invisible offensively for the most part, but so were Hank and Pavel, we weren't exactly having a killer night on the attack.

He put the body on a few times, so that was good to see.

Don't buy that "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" crap. Bertuzzi's coming in facilitated Hudler's being scratched, but obviously the choice was who to sit and Mike was a tard and made a mistake.

never thought I would say this, but Bert should NOT be dressed for game 4. He isn't healthy and looked far from it last night. Sure the arguement will be, "but he is physical and we need that against the flames"... My rebutal would be, "was he 'really' all that physical last night? was he at all effective? I saw Clear and Dats throw their frames around more than big Bert!"

He need to get healthy before he plays again... plain and simple.

does anyone else here think its too soon for bertuzzi to be playing on the powerplay ?? Sure his big body is needed for the team and his bodychecks and hits but his offensive side welll .......just stinks , and i dont blame him cause its almost 2 yrs he hasnt played hockey , but i think babcock is putting him in the powerplay based on his past , and i dont think we can afford to have both bertuzzi and samuelsson on the powerplay at the same time , id rather much have cleary in there who showed some offensive upside during the season ( no im not bringing him due to last night's 2 assists) , or bring back hudler for game 4 and put him in , put filppula and franzen in front of the net for the 2nd ppl unit , i dont know i just think babcock has some work to do

Bertuzzi had exactly the impact I thought he would.

I said before the game, your team is good enough without the guy. All he serves to do is fire up the fans. It sure was great to boo him once again.

He just doesn't fit in with your team IMO.

As much as I thought Tuzzi had a bad game, you have to play him... as I have mentioned before, the guy has the potential to be a game changer. Last night, not so much... he is just not all there and used to game speed, let alone playoff game intensity.

As much as I thought Tuzzi had a bad game, you have to play him... as I have mentioned before, the guy has the potential to be a game changer. Last night, not so much... he is just not all there and used to game speed, let alone playoff game intensity.

he's been gone for so long .......he shouldnt be playing on the powerplay yet , he's got no shot , needs more time

hes not going to be 100% right away like you said he can be a game changer, just look how the crowds boos pumped him up to be even better, and lay some hits on them

I don't have a problem with him wearing the visor for the few people who asked.

I was just curious. I missed the fact at the begining of the game when they said the reason for it.

He doesn't seem like a visor type though, if that makes sense?

Like seeing some players switch to the visor is just hard to get used to.

Guest Jdog21

surely I won't be the first one to say this tonight...

Bertuzzi + liability = Liabertuzzity

NOT impressed with his performance tonight. I think he needs a couple more games to rest.

Sorry but that was a stupid comment i mean really really stupid

The only thing you should be "sorry" for is your own ignorance and intolerance for other people's opinions.

Sorry but that was a stupid comment i mean really really stupid

Edited by FireCaptain

Bertuzzi had exactly the impact I thought he would.

I said before the game, your team is good enough without the guy. All he serves to do is fire up the fans. It sure was great to boo him once again.

He just doesn't fit in with your team IMO.

I sometimes wonder if that really has an effect on things. How do you think the crowd would have acted if, say, Bertuzzi wasn't in the lineup for yesterdays game?

I sometimes wonder if that really has an effect on things. How do you think the crowd would have acted if, say, Bertuzzi wasn't in the lineup for yesterdays game?

Well they wouldn't have been booing all game long.

Did they boo cheli... I couldn't tell.

Am I the only one that noticed that Bertuzzi has lost a few bottom teeth since the last game he played in? I noticed that when he gave the interview after the 1st period. I am wondering if they came out when he got hit.

Listen guys, he's been out basically the whole season with injuries. He's just not going to be as effective as everyone thinks he will be. Back surgery is something that takes a long time to recover from, and even longer to get your timing and skating down.

As I stated before, this season may be the start of a decline in his career just because of the injury. He likely isn't going to be much of a game changer early on, if at all in the playoffs, it's just the harsh reality. We've seen Calgary feed off him being on the ice because the crowd boos him and draws a reaction when he gets hit. Until Bert can be consistent for longer than 3 or so games, he will likely have minimal impact on the games.

well, i put my vote in to keep him in the line-up. the guy pretty much hasn't played all year.

1. he's going out there, and throwing his weight around. that's all i expected of him, and every once in a while i see a glimmer of how good his hands are - the ones that gave him 142 goals between 99 and 2003. I think he'll come around.

2. after last year's early exit due to physical weakness, babcock pledged to gain some grit. for this reason, you're not going to see bertuzzi or samuellson sit for hudler. yeah, samuellson isn't scoring, and is giving the freaking puck away on the PP, but he is throwing his weight around.

I haven't seen anyone else say this, but I thought Fulpulla looked lost out there in game 3. I love the dude and i think he's gonna be great, but he was awful in my opinion. if it wasn't for his hustle, i'd bash him.

(this is me being prepared for a major bashing myself...) i've been watching lidstrom make these bone-headed plays for two years now. This one just so happened to be a game-losing goal, therefore everyone noticed it. I don't think lidstrom is the player he once was and if the media would stop sucking up, i think you'd all catch these mistakes more often as well. (i do however concede to the fact that his fellow players suck up too, which does mean something since they know much more than the media)... regardless, i stand by what i said, he's BEEN making these mistakes for a while now. It's a good thing Lang and Samuellson make mistakes consistantly and can take most of the bashings.

Here's to Lilja, MARKOV, and Schneider, they played freaking great in game 3.

Just like having Shanny with a broken foot; you gotta play him.

Shanny didn't take off the skate for the x-ray and finished the game reasonably well, but I am actually talking about when he came back. Sure we lost to the Ducks but he was the most impressive Wing on the ice atleast watching from the seats.

Mark my words: Bertuzzi will play an extremely important role in a deep playoff run. This might not be his series, but there will be a time when you will be very glad he is on the ice.