• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Must Kill

Pre-GAME 4: (4/19) Red Wings @ Flames - 9:30 PM EDT

Rate this topic

I think the Wings have settled down now. They see the end of the series on the horizon. Win this one, and go finish it at home.

I think they have realized that the Saddledome just isn't that intimidating.

Wings win 4-2. Fourth goal coming as an Empty Netter. Maybe the Wings can get their Special Teams going as well!

Well, I actually turned off Game # 3 when Jerome scored as I was disgusted with the Wings as all that came to mind was "here we go again".

The Wings have had so many problems maintaining a lead all year long and when it counts in a playoff game they screw it up by once again taking a penalty.

I do know this has been said all many times, but they need to sit whats his name as this is not soft wrist shot time.

Calgary has our number now and the Wings will need to do something different. The Wings goal ouput is declining by 1 goal every game so far and the number of shots were down. They need to play tonight like it is a Game 7 and WIN. If they let Calgary tie up the series tonight then it will be like years past.

On a side note, the ice at the Sattle Dome looked like crap as the puck was bouncing everywhere and earlier that day or the day before they has 'Stars on Ice" which might of had something to do with the ice condition.

My confidence comes from the fact that we have Hasek in net. This guy isn't going to let the Flames see victory twice as long as we have a couple goals to put on the board on our side.

LET'S GO WINGS!!!

Wings 6 (Datsx2, Z, Cleary, Schneider, Flip)

Flames 2 (two random flaming, cow-tipping puckers)

Notes:

- Phaneuf leaves the ice on a stretcher after Cleary looks at him too hard

- Markov lays someone out

- Wings get 3 on PP

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

Here we go! The excitment burns inside of me. Like has been said many times, this is big. HUGE. I say wings take it. Dom will be the factor to this. I am not a huge Dom fan but this is his style, he probably stayed up all night after the game and recentered his focus. I say Bert has a better game, not a tough prediction, he will make a differance in this game. I am glad there is so much positivity on this thread, besides for a couple of hurry up and bail so I can say told you so, half hearted fans!!!!

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, the ice at the Sattle Dome looked like crap as the puck was bouncing everywhere and earlier that day or the day before they has 'Stars on Ice" which might of had something to do with the ice condition.

Thats a good point. You just made me feel a lot better about tonights game thanks.

Here is to better ice and puck control. Cheers.

Thats a good point. You just made me feel a lot better about tonights game thanks.

Here is to better ice and puck control. Cheers.

I think the article linked above mentions an Il Divo concert in between this game and the last one? Great. All that hot air could not have been good for the ice. :P

You know what folks?? I'm not even upset we lost Game 3. "Sweep" was never in my mind as a possibility, and although the Wings played sluggish in the 1st (what's new), it was one damned entertaining hockey game. Bertuzzi looked sheepish at first, then he started checking people on his own, and was fine after that. I feel bad for Huddles, but with a game under his belt (again), I think Todd will be more effective tonight.

I also concur with a few posts I've read here, I'm not at all nervous like I was before the last game. PP and PK have to do better though. Heck, wasn't it Lidstrom's failed clearing attempt that lead to the tying goal? How often is St. Nick going to be responsible for both the tying goal and Game winner!? Eek!

This game will be a tight one.

Wings: 2 (Lang PP, Zetterberg)

Flames: 1 (Langkow)