• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

Pre-GAME 6: (4/22) Red Wings @ Flames - 9 PM ET

Rate this topic

I fired up the XBox this afternoon, NHL07 has spoken:

Wings 6 (Datsyuk 2, Zetterberg, Cleary, Bertuzzi, me)

Flames 5

Yeah, I put myself on the game, sue me. I didn't make myself a superstar, I'm a grinder basically taking Sammy's spot. Anyone going to complain, especially after my GWG?

Similar situation, my game was 5-3. Despite the three, Dom made some unreal saves. And I personally netted 2. My rating however is a 91.

As has been mentioned by so many. I am disappointed with the way everything has turned out. Mclennan got suspended (as he should) but its not like that will impact the team or the game at all. With any justice in the world, Kipper will pull his groin and they will be forced to play their 3rd.

Langkow however is the one I am most upset about. If Lebda cant play, I'll will be pissed. I nearly got kicked out of the Pub where I was watching the game, cuz all the flames fans were cheering when he turned and punched Lebda.

God I love the playoff, get the blood going, but not like this. Lets finish these chuckers off tonight.

The best thing about Langkow not being suspended is we won't have to listen to the Flames complaining that we beat them with a short squad. Now they have no excuses.

folks:

if the Wings win tonight and bounce the Flames, should they shake their hands?

On one hand, I say yes they should. Its the classy thing to do, and smiling in their loser faces would be the best revenge of all.

On the other hand, I'd say Calgary can go piss up a rope.

The Flames are in deep s***.

- The Wings always play better after teams try to goon it up against them

- Z has found his game, and Dats looked pretty good yesterday too

- The quick turnaround cleary benefits us

- Special teams are back in order after failing us in games 3 and 4

Calgary hasn't done anything 5 on 5 all series, and I don't look for that trend to change. Also, I expect to see Z and Dats put on another performance, and we finish the Flames in a big way.

P.S. Expect after the game to hear lots of whining from Iginla and the Flames about how the big, bad Red Wings cheated by bumping their goaltender all series. :rolleyes:

The Wings are nothing if not classy. They'll shake.

I agree. It wouldn't surprise me if the Flames didn't. Just look at whose leading them. Not much class over there.

P.S. Expect after the game to hear lots of whining from Iginla and the Flames about how the big, bad Red Wings cheated by bumping their goaltender all series. :rolleyes:

Seriously, where the hell does this come from? I've read nothing but this from the Flames and their fans, but can't find a single instance of Kipper on his back, net dislodged, while the Flames dogpile the offender, after a viscous run. There was a dogpile after Cleary's hit in Game 1, but as I've said that constitutes a nega-hit, which causes you to actually lose PIMs.

It's like they took that one hit and now have exaggerated it into this big issue, making this into a series of phantom goalie runners. Oh noez, Homer is standing in front of the net like he's done for a decade, like players on every team do. Oh noez, he occasionally brushed against Kipper when Miikka comes five feet out of his crease to make a save, call Colin Campbell.

I'm totally baffled as to what it is all these Flames are seeing and crying about.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

I'm so nervous and excited about this one.

I'm confident/hopeful that we'll win this one, but Calgary is up against a wall and desperate, and they will be playing with everything they have, and for some reason they have a lot more when they're at home. Similarly for some reason, we have a lot less when we're in Canada...

Either way, 4-2

Schneider, Cleary, Homer, Datsuk

Tanguay, Lombardi

This game should be less of a circus compared to last game. Everyones jets should be cooled from the last couple minutes of Saturday's game. Both teams will have to step up their intensity and their discipline.

Keys for Detroit:

Keep their special teams sharp. Get another solid effort out of Hasek. Zetterburg and Datysuk need to show up on the score sheet. Get to Calgary and throw them off their game, make them upset.

Keys for Calgary:

Play a controlled disciplined game. Play a smart physical game, not a dumb one like last time. Need a strong game from Iginla again. Kipper needs to be solid.

I think with the home crowd advantage the Flames will take this one, but I don't like their chances in Detroit for game 7.

I'm going to predict that the Flames will be VERY polite if they lose tonight. They will even say good things about the Wings. You heard it here first...

I'm going to predict that the Flames will be VERY polite if they lose tonight. They will even say good things about the Wings. You heard it here first...

They almost HAVE to, they already look like a bunch of douchebags, bitching in the media after a series loss will only make it worse.

esteef

Okay 2 things:

1. This is the longest span of time EVER between two hockey games...I swear it :P Can't they put the games closer together???

2. Any news on lineup changes and such?

Okay 2 things:

1. This is the longest span of time EVER between two hockey games...I swear it :P Can't they put the games closer together???

2. Any news on lineup changes and such?

it could be a 9PM game followed by a 3 PM game...

folks:

if the Wings win tonight and bounce the Flames, should they shake their hands?

Umm.. what??? Why are we so offended by a couple of slashes and cross checks? This is the NHL playoffs. Yes.. they were not "classy" tactics, but wow.. you'd think this was Bertuzzi on Moore.

Franzen was never in danger.. it was a cheap hit, but not a full swing. Schneider got a little love tap on the leg. Nilson wanted to fight.. ohhhhh.. ban him for life.

I don't condone the Flames actions.. but let's get real.. it was a far cry from a full fledged goon fest.

2 hours until game time.

Both teams gotta be anxious as all hell right now. As much as they probably aren't thrilled about the schedule, I bet they wish the game would start earlier.

Having no Lebda is going to hurt the team speed a lot. But lets hope we get out to an early lead and can sit back a little.

Hopefully our teams can go combined 2 for 2 today :P

I was at the Tigers game, nice to see the Tigs pull off a comeback. It was just like the Tigers too, bottom 9th 2 out, Marcus Thames ties it up and we eventually win it in 12.

Now the Wings need to do their part and finish the job in Calgary.

Edited by aflac9262

Hopefully our teams can go combined 2 for 2 today :P

I was at the Tigers game, nice to see the Tigs pull off a comeback. It was just like the Tigers too, bottom 9th 2 out, Marcus Thames ties it up and we eventually win it in 12.

Now the Wings need to do their part and finish the job in Calgary.

YEAH TIGS! Beautiful day to go to the game eh?

How did Mags do?

YEAH TIGS! Beautiful day to go to the game eh?

How did Mags do?

It was an awesome day, and it featured perfect weather for baseball.

Maggs was great early on, he drove in two runs in the bottom of the first. He should of had this fly ball though, but there was some sort of miscommunication between players going after a ball which led to it dropping in. I really can't blame him for it though, that stuff just happens sometimes. It's unfortunate, but it's not the end of the world.

Edited by aflac9262