• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

WingsWingsWings

Homer News?

Rate this topic

Anyone from the Detroit or Calgary areas:

Is there any news on Holmstrom? The CBC guys said he went to the Hospital last night just to get checked out.

I hope he is alright........................

Because we need him to park himself in front of whatever goalie we face next!! :)

Mickey just said on WRIF that they think he is OK and they will know better when the swelling goes down.

Thanks for the update WD! Heres to Homer irritating Turco in round 2!

Damn he's tough as nails! He wanted to just sit on the bench and get stitched up so he could try to get out there for that 4 minute power play.

That's heart!!

I know, and we really needed him out there too, because after not scoring on that power play and then the Flames getting their power play i thought that was going to be it, but thankfully we had Dom in the net and he saved the game

Glad to hear. Thanks for the update.

hey Zion, don't keep hitting the add replyt button, let the browser sit for a while. The site during the playoffs is slow and everytime you hit [Add Reply] it adds a reply. Just a heads up.

Damn he's tough as nails! He wanted to just sit on the bench and get stitched up so he could try to get out there for that 4 minute power play.

That's heart!!

That totally made me laugh when I saw that. Here he is bleeding, clearly from a deep cut and all he wants to do is get back on the ice. There's a hockey player for you.

This seems to indicate that he's OK:

"Wings forward Tomas Holmstrom went to the hospital for stitches to close a cut over his eye after getting high-sticked by Craig Conroy in the first overtime."

Must've been a pretty deep gash.

Oh my god, look on the bottom left, in the forums section, right under the pic of Franzen and Schneider one of the topics is "the lest time we beet Dallas" :lol::rolleyes:

I just read on MLive's message boards that according to an interview with Babcock on WDFN, Homer did indeed get clipped in the eye, as well as his eyelid. There is bleeding in his eye and there was added pressure, which could have been very dangerous but apparently there has been a big improvement in the condition of the eye from last night. He was cleared to fly home with the team so the pressure couldn't have been too bad. The blood in his eye needs to clear up before he can play but officially he is listed as day to day.

According to Kenny Holland on Detroit Sports Radio, looks like it is indeed an eye injury for Homer. Day-to-day. He has blood on the eye and they're waiting to see how he goes in the next 48 hours.... right now it's swollen shut.

Click on the Ken Holland podcast:

http://www.1270sports.com/

Not good news, the Wings need Homer to screen the goalie and get those "garbage" goals. He's probably the MVP of the playoffs over the long term. Bert and Kyle may have to take his place as best they can.

:(

I just read on MLive's message boards that according to an interview with Babcock on WDFN, Homer did indeed get clipped in the eye, as well as his eyelid. There is bleeding in his eye and there was added pressure, which could have been very dangerous but apparently there has been a big improvement in the condition of the eye from last night. He was cleared to fly home with the team so the pressure couldn't have been too bad. The blood in his eye needs to clear up before he can play but officially he is listed as day to day.

oh wow, thanks for the update dude