• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hiei

Welcome to LGW, San Jose Sharks fans

Rate this topic

sharks fans might be more civil than the flames fans.. but they are definately not as smart... Flames fans atleast recognized that we are a very very good team... most of the idotic shark fans think this series will be over in 5 games because we have no grit, no depth, etc etc.. bahahah.. guess you cant blame them for not knowing anything about hockey.. they do live in California..

i will leave this comment here as a perfect example of how NOT to post.

FAIR WARNING TO ALL:

Comments like this will earn you a 7 day suspension. Period. Please read forum guidelines.

Now, back to the topic at hand:

Welcome, Sharks fans! As a former season ticket holder for San Jose's very first season, I would be interested in hearing how you all became hockey fans. Everyone I met at the games were transplanted from established hockey areas. What got you guys hooked?

Thanks for the welcome!

It's so nice to play a real hockey team (read: no cheap shot artists) and interact with real hockey fans. Seriously, I have no idea how you deal with those idiots 8 times per season.

Best of luck to the Wings. I hope this will be an entertaining series...with the Sharks being victorious, of course!

The bad part is, I don't HATE San Jose. I couldn't stand looking at the goons from Calgary but I have nothing bad to say about SJ. Hopefully it'll be a good, clean, hard fought series..............with Hasek making Nabokov look like a backup.

The bad part is, I don't HATE San Jose. I couldn't stand looking at the goons from Calgary but I have nothing bad to say about SJ. Hopefully it'll be a good, clean, hard fought series..............with Hasek making Nabokov look like a backup.

I don't hate SJ either. Nothing to hate there. I used to go to games a lot (business trips to SJ at the time meant getting to go to hockey games, for me!) I found San Jose fans to be amongst the most knowledgeable and fun fans anywhere. They are utterly passionate about their Sharks, and love them as much as we love our Wings.

I sat behind three guys one time, each of whom had a fresh, Shark-themed tattoo on his bicep. Talk about commitment! If you all thought the Calgary 'Dome was loud, wait til you hear the Shark Tank get to rockin'. It's deafening, or used to be.

Get ready for a fun ride! :thumbup:

hi all Sharks fans and enjoy endless bashing and whining about suspensions when you play our stars harder :)

should be a great series with two quality teams!

I agree about the quality teams. But, I don't expect to have to worry about fines and suspensions, with San Jose as an opponent. The Sharks are not Calgary... in, oh, so many ways. Offhand, I can't think of a goon on SJ squad, honestly. I have a list from Calgary. <_< I know people eyeball Cheechoo as a candidate for being a bit "overzealous" but I also believe the Wings can keep him under control, so he doesn't have a chance to be a bad boy.

The Sharks will play hard. The Wings just have to play harder. And I think they can, of course.

We have nothing on Philly fans. It's no contest. (Last time I checked we haven't booed Santa Claus or anything like that!)

And just what is wrong with booing Santa Claus. That character is farcical and makes a mockery and contributes to the widespread commercialization of one of the most holy days for Christians. He ought to be booed. Philly fans are ruthless, I like that.

Welcome all Sharks fans. It looks like there are some more civil Sharks fans than there were Flames fans at the beginning of Round 1. Hopefully that will keep down the eventual trolling.

Thanks for the welcome. I am sure this will be a very close series. Go Sharks!!!!!!

Simply, if the Wings can stay out of the box then I think we will beat San Jose. Looking back at the games we played against them, penalties against us and power play goals were what turned the tides of the games.

This bodes well for us with less penalties being called in the playoffs.

Go Wings.

Edited by Inultus

I sat behind three guys one time, each of whom had a fresh, Shark-themed tattoo on his bicep. Talk about commitment! If you all thought the Calgary 'Dome was loud, wait til you hear the Shark Tank get to rockin'. It's deafening, or used to be.

The Tank could sound like a jet engine through 10-foot speakers and it wouldn't be as intimidating as the sea of red in Calgary. Hats off to the Flames fans for that one, 'cause that's really something.

But I digress. Welcome, Sharks fans! Hopefully after the series is over you guys will stay and post a bit year-round. I think this series is gonna be interesting because neither team really knows what to expect, the last playoff series being 12 years ago. Other than the latest expansion teams, we've had a crack at every other team in the West since then. Some of them five times.

Thank you all for the warm welcome ;)

This is going to be a great series! I think the styles between San Jose and Detroit match up very well, maybe even giving the Sharks the slight advantage.

Yeah we traded away Kipper and we know how that turned out, but Nabby has something to prove and this will be the year. And the Wings are facing a much more potent offence then they did with Calgary. I always have been a fan of the Wings, but I don't think they have it this year to beat the Sharks.

San Jose in 6!

Thanks for the welcome. It's already refreshing to be able to converse with fans that aren't convinced that there is a league-wide conspiracy against them. I have nothing but respect for the Wings, so I'm hopeful that this series won't turn into the cheapshot contests that both Calgary and Nashville perpetuated.

Welcome, Sharks fans! As a former season ticket holder for San Jose's very first season, I would be interested in hearing how you all became hockey fans. Everyone I met at the games were transplanted from established hockey areas. What got you guys hooked?

I was born and raised in Southern California, so hockey isn't exactly in my blood. I do have two cousins from Toronto who could practically skate before they could walk, and they turned me on to the sport. I followed it casually until I moved up to the Bay Area to go to school, and saw my first NHL game in person. From then on, I was hooked.

Yes, howdy Sharks fans!

As far as Nabby not = Kipper.. I disagree in one sense, if we're just going to fling 50 foot wristers in on him, he can stop all of those too.

You'll find (for the most part of course), we only talk hockey here, and DON'T sling s***. <--- and note, our Forums aren't censored!! Hooray! :P

Your team is damned good (censor), but so is ours.. I can imagine your relief of dispatching those GOONS that call themselves Predators again, a big thank you for that. If you caught any of our Game 5, you can see that the Flames were gradually evolving into more of the same. Here's to a hard-hitting, but clean series folks! Enjoy your stay! (however brief it may be.. LOL)

I'll say Wings in 6. Bertuzzi series MVP.

As a Red Wing fan who lives in San Jose, all I can say is WHOO HOO about the Wings comin' to town!

Excitement is in the air, this town is allready going Cup Crazy, so it's fun to walk around with a Wings jersey on. :D

My Lady insisted that I pick her up a Sharks jersey today though. :blink: So I made sure to wear one of my Wings jerseys as we toured the mall in search of one for her. Walking out, wearing opposing team jerseys, was even more fun! Lots of comments from others, but not mean or nasty .. just fun and funny comments about the matchup. :thumbup:

It's gonna be a fun series, LETS GO RED WINGS! :yowza:

Thanks for the welcome. It's already refreshing to be able to converse with fans that aren't convinced that there is a league-wide conspiracy against them.

... and saw my first NHL game in person. From then on, I was hooked .

no pun intended, right? :P

We are glad to have you and looking forward to some great games.