• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Canadian_Yzerman_Fan

Schneider: OUT with Broken Wrist

Rate this topic

Exactly. I'd feel better with Meech getting the odd shift out there than having Lebda out there coming off an injury like that... Plus, I'd rather have a guy out there that's played recently...

If Lebda's out there I just have a bad feeling that Thornton's line will wreak absolute havoc on his pairing.

I believe at this point lebda is going to be kept out because of risking a rush in the healing process. I think theyll put Meech in for game 6, hopefully we can take game 6, and then start regrouping for the ducks...i dont wanna get ahead of myself, but thats how I think it will ensue

You know, considering how well we played today after Schneids got injured, I think our defensive corps are in pretty good shape. Our forwards are playing really good defense and that helps.

I saw Meech play a few years ago up in prospect camp and I thought he looked real good out there. SO good that if one of the Wings D were out that he'd fill in well. The Wings obviously didn't agree with me, but I like what I saw from the guy and he's even better now.

Anywho I just saw this on HockeysFuture. Profile's on Jonathan and Derek.

Ericsson

Meech

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Massive win today, but I have to say that I am a little concerned about missing Schneids for the rest of the post-season...hope we don't become what Buffalo was last year when it seemed like they lost a defenceman every game

Kronner sucks? :blink:

100% disagree.

The guy has all the potential in the world. He's physical, he's fast, jumps into the rush, pinches in, makes great passes, and has a pretty decent shot. He's a very good d-man. He's just been very unlucky.

Disagree. He hasn't shown me anything this year. He loses the puck constantly, has no offensive abiliity to speak of, and is always injured. So really, what is it that you all like about him?

And I'd appreciate it if we all don't overeact, calling me a dumbf*** and other such names that I've been called when I bash Kronwall. This is just my opinion of him. I have my crow all ready in the microwave, just waiting to be heated up and eaten when he starts showing me something, but he hasn't yet. For a former first round draft pick, and who supposidly is the next Nick Lidstrom, he hasn't played well at all. And no, being 26 years old doesn't count as a young rookie anymore either, so don't throw that into the mix as an excuse.

As said, a HUGE loss. Losing a D and a pointman for the rest of the playoffs is not very good. All said it is very important that the Wings finish this off in SJ as the forwards are going to take some the slack. Still stoked from the win but this is very bad news .... hope Lebda can get in the line up for game 6.

Disagree. He hasn't shown me anything this year. He loses the puck constantly, has no offensive abiliity to speak of, and is always injured. So really, what is it that you all like about him?

And I'd appreciate it if we all don't overeact, calling me a dumbf*** and other such names that I've been called when I bash Kronwall. This is just my opinion of him. I have my crow all ready in the microwave, just waiting to be heated up and eaten when he starts showing me something, but he hasn't yet. For a former first round draft pick, and who supposidly is the next Nick Lidstrom, he hasn't played well at all. And no, being 26 years old doesn't count as a young rookie anymore either, so don't throw that into the mix as an excuse.

Huh? I never insulted you. I repsectfully disagreed and stated my opinion.

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Huh? I never insulted you. I repsectfully disagreed and stated my opinion.

Wasn't referring to you. There are people on here that attack me whenever I post anything negative against Kronwall though.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but this game might've been Schneider's last game as a Red Wing. Just some food for thought.

Edited by Heaton

Not sure if this has been mentioned but this game might've been Schneider's last game as a Red Wing. Just some food for thought.

:crybaby:

I was thinking about that earlier today.

I really hope not though. How much is he making? Seems to me like he absolutely loves it in Detroit and that HOPEFULLY he'd be willing to take a pay cut if need be. The guy is a huge part of this team and I'd love for him to be a Wing until he retires. That's just me though...

Personally, I'd rather see 6'5" Ericsson out there than a 5'11" Meech. Also, I'd expect Lebda to get more practice time before he comes back.

Schneids is a big loss... but more of an offensive loss than a defensive one. At least Quincey has stepped up as a solid #6, and Lils has really stepped up to be a freaking physical powerhouse. Ok, maybe that's an exageration, but he has impressed the hell out of me with his physical play.

Bottom line: Lids, Marky Mark, Chelli & Lils will pick up the slack & a few extra shifts.

[edit] Another prospect site I read a lot has this to say about Ericsson... www.redwingscentral.com

STRENGTHS

Surprising mobility and agility for a big man ... good hands and puck skills ... makes good first pass ... uses his skating, impressive reach and improving positional game to neutralize opponents in the defensive zone ... uses his size well and gets involved ... willing to stand up for his teammates, fighting when necessary ... armed with a heavy shot ... quick and willing learner ... character player ...

Edited by ColdWarrior

I hope that's not the case. I really wondered that myself, if this would effect his being re-signed, but I hope it doesn't. I'd like to see him stay.

Thats a real ***** that he broke his wrist... on the other hand (no pun intended), at least he won't be giving us penalties which the Sharks might use to their advantage... such as hooking.

Or the assist on Langs equalizing goal in game 4 and the GWG in game 4 ;)

Edited by servo

I think because he's been constantly injured is why he's not been so great this year. If he gets healthy he'll be a great asset to the team though. I love Kornwall.

:crybaby:

I was thinking about that earlier today.

It's too bad, also, because he got that big goal. Now I feel bad that he didn't get to make the sig before he was injured....*sniff*