• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Matt

Post-GAME 6 (5/7): Red Wings 2, Sharks 0

Rate this topic

The thread I started about Hasek disappeared so I'll post it here:

I will happily be the first to admit that Hasek was absolutely solid in Games 4-6. I didn't see him pull the motionless snow angel ONCE and he had some HUGE saves. A little help from Lidstrom tonight, but he was totally solid. I could feel the strong possibility of a shutout coming on midway through the second period.

If this is considered eating crow for my previous thread.. it has never tasted so good. :cool:

And I have to throw a Kudos out there to Hasek and the Wings. I might not love the guy, or even like him, but he really stepped up the last three games of the series.

Games 1-3 SV% .908, GAA 1.66

Games 4-6 SV% .961, GAA 1.00

his GAA was good the whole time- (thanks in part to solid D) but he really stepped up his play another level the last three and there is no denying he was everything Dom fans said he could be and that Dom critics had hoped for. :clap:

first time poster here...been reading the boards all playoffs long though.

I had a great time in the chat room tonight, and was glad to discuss the win with other Wings fans. I feel so isolated down here in Texas lol.

Go Wings!

most definitely the man

K. You da MAN. ;)

seperate topic.

Engblom sucking Cheechoo's ass. "Oh, he must have been hurt.." Waaa Waaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

OK, I take it back, Engblom followed it with, "Dom let in the easy goal in game 5 and then he looked at himself and shut it down."

I'll take some Hash love with some Cheechoo sour grapes.

Edited by FireCaptain

Rest assured: We'll be considered the underdogs again.

I sure hope so.

We need for the Ducks to start talking s*** too. Maybe someone can get Burke liquored up and have him go on another rant like in '02.

Hasek was amazing. He was a difference maker in this series, and that's what we needed him to be. We'll need it in the next series too. I have so much faith in him right now.

Lidstrom was, again, awesome. Huge play by bailing out Hasek, and a couple great plays on odd man rushes as well. Chelios was excellent in this series as well, he has really stepped it up this year.

Sammy had a great game, offensively and defensively. I thought he really stepped it up in this series, and I'm not just saying that because of his 3 goals in the last 2 games.

It's kind of ironic how the Wings were actually more like sharks than the Sharks were in this series. When we smelled blood, we went for the kill. The Sharks did not. Nevertheless, it was a great series. It must be disappointing for San Jose and their fans for another tough 2nd round exit, but I think they'll be back next year.

Bring on the Ducks, I love how this team is playing right now. This is the best final four we've had in a long time, get ready for some good hockey!

Did anyone else see that blocked shot by Lilja in the 1st period and jump up and pump your fist in excitement? Lilja's play has been spectacular and that blocked shot just represents how he has been.

After listening to the game on the radio, I am now off to watch the replay on TV which is about to start. Don’t ask me why they can’t show it live, but it’s a lot better than not seeing it at all! :P

GO WINGS!

I had a great time in the chat room tonight, and was glad to discuss the win with other Wings fans. I feel so isolated down here in Texas lol.

Go Wings!

Welcome.

Actually there are a lot of Texas Wing fans that post in the forum.

So what are the chances we can get all four "experts" on ESPN to pick against the Red Wings again this round?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs2007...tory?id=2847221

Barry Melrose is suck a ******* pud! He will never get over the fact that we didn't want him to coach. I am sooooooo happy that versus didn't keep him on staff. He ruined hockey for me when it was on ESPN.

Now, we all know what ESPN and Sports Illustrated have in common, they know nothing when it comes to hockey.

Bring on the DUCKS!!!!

I think that this will be a little easier of a series for the WIngs than either Calgary or San Jose. SJ is the most polished team all the way around.

Dom needs to out play JSG and give the Wings some retribution. Long Ducks layoff def in our favor. What do you guys think the motivation is for Babcock? ;)

BooYah!

Lidstrom just played the PERFECT defensive game...not just the obvious stops he made, but he stayed so fricken cool down there whenever it seemed like San Jose mite be able to muster a little offense...datsyuk and zetts were domjinant out there too....im just waiting for bert to bust out, u can just feel that its gonna happen...o ya, hasek was brilliant too.

LetsGoWings!!!

Go Wings!

I relocated to the DFW area in 2005. I was born and raised in Detroit and lived there until 2000. As the bumper stickers say, I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

What part of Tx do you live in?

It probably doesn't mean much right now, but congrats to the sharks and their fans for a very entertaining series. They are still a great team and the majority of their fans were great to talk with.

Now onto something i have been wanting to say all series, but wasn't going to until it was all over. Mike Grier is outstanding. I have followed him for most of his career since he is from Detroit and have always thought he was great, but getting to watch him for six straight games really showed me just what a force he is. The guy hits like a ton of bricks and brings a level of energyto the point that you know something can always happen when he is on the ice.

I haven't seen a Chelios comment yet, so I'll add one.

He was fantastic tonight. He ended up with around 26 minutes of ice time, made a ton of plays, including the one that sprung Sammy for his 2nd goal. Unbelievable what he's doing at his age.

BTW, I always laugh when management and coaching predicts Chelios' ice time at 10 to 12 minutes in the beginning of the year. The guys too good, even at his age. You can't keep him off the ice!

Did anyone else see that blocked shot by Lilja in the 1st period and jump up and pump your fist in excitement? Lilja's play has been spectacular and that blocked shot just represents how he has been.

I'll say it again, but I've always been the first to jump on Lilja and put him down. He has been absolutely incredible. Better than Fisher at his best. If he wouldn't have been able to step up the way he has, we wouldn't be where we are! He has made a HUGE difference in these games and we are totally fortunate to have him on the team.

I relocated to the DFW area in 2005. I was born and raised in Detroit and lived there until 2000. As the bumper stickers say, I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as soon as I could.

What part of Tx do you live in?

Glad to have you here in our great state. When I said isolated, I really meant surrounded by Stars fans... <_<

I currently go to the University of Texas at Austin, but am originally from the Hellhole (Houston) area.

I'll say it again, but I've always been the first to jump on Lilja and put him down. He has been absolutely incredible. Better than Fisher at his best. If he wouldn't have been able to step up the way he has, we wouldn't be where we are! He has made a HUGE difference in these games and we are totally fortunate to have him on the team.

Lilja's been fantastic, but I will say he didn't look as good tonight without Schneider. It looks like it's going to be him and Markov pairing up; hopefully they can form the same type of chemistry Schneid's and Lilja had.