• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Lou_Siffer

Ottawa winning the Cup? A disgrace?

Rate this topic

Alright folks, after hearing all this Ducks are dirty blah blah, how bout those Senators? Alfredsson fires the puck at Niedermayer, can you imagine if a Duck had done this? Also another Senator threw a blind glove on suckerpunch in the scrum. Lets hear some Ottawa bashing now, dont be hypocritical!

Aye! Th' only goons that be in this game be th' mighty fouls

Th' only fault o' alfi was not actually hitting th' scullywag.

Edited by OsGOD

Haha, good ol' Lou reppin' his team. No dissent here, dirty f***in' cheapshot by Alfie.

You know it! I just wait for moments like this!

Just like in the Ducks disgrace thread, I refuse to go to an extreme of opinion when I don't really know all that much about either the Ducks or the Senators.

The Ducks play physical, yes, but I'd have to watch them a lot more to consider them all "dirty", not just Pronger. I'm not seeing it.

Ottawa, I just don't know much about. Regardless, that slapper by Alfredsson straight at Niedermeyer just a few feet away was not smart. Not smart at all. That being said, I'm betting that 1 idiotic play doesn't completely definte the Ottawa Senators club either.

I highly doubt the slap shot to Niedermayer was intentional. Thats incredibly not in his personality, especially because hes captain. And if you look, the closer defense man closed in on him and took away the center ice, and as you're supposed to shoot the puck into the corners when you dump, it happened to be generally where Niedermayer was skating. Hes not going to try to shoot it off the far boards, because thats the bench and it risks really injuring someone. In addition to that, shooting the puck where you didn't intend to aim it is pretty common, and pretty easy to do if you aren't concentrating. yes, even for the pros.

EDIT: Besides, its Niedermayer's job to get in front of pucks, as he is a defenseman, so he needs to stop bitching and play some hockey

Edited by Echolalia

Because it would mean that arrogant ass clown Brian Burke would be denied a Cup.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Aside: It may just be me but it looks like your posts always end up with a lot of extra code lying around. I'm running Firefox if that makes a difference (not sure it does). Does anyone else see that?

Agreed wholeheartedly.

Aside: It may just be me but it looks like your posts always end up with a lot of extra code lying around. I'm running Firefox if that makes a difference (not sure it does). Does anyone else see that?

Yeah, I see it too in his posts. I just thought it is because Eva always uses the special fonts.

I am by no means an Anaheim fan, and going into the series I really was pulling for Ottawa, but man oh man does that team dive. I wonder if they caught the person that threw the handgrenade onto the ice that caused Emery to flop on the ice during the first period. And how about that Chris Neil dive in the beginning of the game. I think I would rather have a team throwing late hits than one flopping all over the ice winning the cup.

Only thing disappointing about Alfie (or Ottawa) making that cheap shot... was waiting til game 4 to do it.

If they want to match the Ducks cheapshot plays, then they should have started it in the first minute of game 1. Ottawa has a lot of cheap shots to make up for in this series.

Wait...I thought you werent watching the games anymore.

So Lou, how about those Ducks? :lol:

Im feelin' good, but nervous...especially every time i see Huskins on the ice. But anyways, Im just glad i got to see that classless Daniel Alfredsson make Chris Pronger look like Mother Ther...err...wait, Father Solanus? ;)

Im feelin' good, but nervous...especially every time i see Huskins on the ice. But anyways, Im just glad i got to see that classless Daniel Alfredsson make Chris Pronger look like Mother Ther...err...wait, Father Solanus? ;)

Yeah, you know, I don't know why Carlyle intends to play Huskins over Joe DiPenta. DiPenta is a pretty decent defenseman, and has more expierence then Huskins.

Guest Shoreline

Alright folks, after hearing all this Ducks are dirty blah blah, how bout those Senators? Alfredsson fires the puck at Niedermayer, can you imagine if a Duck had done this? Also another Senator threw a blind glove on suckerpunch in the scrum. Lets hear some Ottawa bashing now, dont be hypocritical!

Niedermayer left the game with a concuss-- I mean, had a broken han-- I mean.. oh wait. It did absolutely nothing to him. He didn't even flinch. Had he been injured, I'd begin to weigh Alfredsson's sportsmanship to Pronger. However, even mentioning the two in the same sentence is retarded -- generally speaking. Hyperbole ftw.

Edited by Shoreline

I highly doubt the slap shot to Niedermayer was intentional. Thats incredibly not in his personality, especially because hes captain. And if you look, the closer defense man closed in on him and took away the center ice, and as you're supposed to shoot the puck into the corners when you dump, it happened to be generally where Niedermayer was skating. Hes not going to try to shoot it off the far boards, because thats the bench and it risks really injuring someone. In addition to that, shooting the puck where you didn't intend to aim it is pretty common, and pretty easy to do if you aren't concentrating. yes, even for the pros.

EDIT: Besides, its Niedermayer's job to get in front of pucks, as he is a defenseman, so he needs to stop bitching and play some hockey

you must have not watched the play...alfie looked up at the clock faked the shot to the left and then slapped a shot about 80 mphs right at neidermayer...why fake the shot??? why not just dump in it originally??? im surprised he didnt get a penalty for that or for the punch he threw at moen...

Guest bullocks

f*** the Senators, personally i'd rather see the Ducks hoist the cup. Probably cuz i live in toronto and its a sin to cheer for ottawa, but alfredsson's an idiot. 22 canadians on the roster too :D