• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
canadienhater

wings should go after iginla next off season

Rate this topic

Guest jaytan

After we get Iginla, let's add Heatley, Drury and Lecavalier. We'll be invincible!

Guest Crymson

I know what people are going to say goon hate him but picture him in a wings uniform playing beside datsyuk the fact is he brings all the things we need to the table size,speed, and a big shot

Goon, hate him.

Stop saying we'll love him if he plays here. It's not true. Go away.

:clap:

Dont' be so miopic here people. Iggy is fantasticly talented and a true heart and sole player. He's hated by opposing fans, but then agian so are more then a couple of great Wings.

Not really.

I know he doesn't have the size that we all lust for but Demitra is a free agent after next season as well, anyone besides me like to see him in a winged wheel?

Sure, if you can get us Demitra-from-five-years-ago.

Sure, if you can get us Demitra-from-five-years-ago.

Welll Demitra from last year had the following stats:

gp 71 G 25 A 39 64 pts

That would have made him 4th in goals 4th in assists and 3rd in points on last years wings team. I would have taken that, and that is with Gaborik only playing 48 games.

But it is all until next year anyways.

Edited by Opie

JMO, I lost all respect for Iginla in the playoffs. I wouldn't want to see him in a Wings jersey anymore than I would Foresburg. Iginla is a talented player with poor attitude and behavior. Calgary can (and will) keep him.

JMO, I lost all respect for Iginla in the playoffs. I wouldn't want to see him in a Wings jersey anymore than I would Foresburg. Iginla is a talented player with poor attitude and behavior. Calgary can (and will) keep him.

Agreed. Let the Flames keep him. I really don't see them winning anything either way - they had their chance in a game 7 and blew it. I don't see his personality meshing with the Wings....I'd rather have Dats and Hank.

Screw Iginla. We do not need such goons on our team. For a captain of a hockey team, he has no class at all. Attacking Schneids for no legit reason. He will also take a discount to remain a Flame. Why would you even think he would leave? Ignorance.

eva - Datsyuk is already signed, if we traded for and signed Iginla we would have to ship off Zetterberg to remain contenders.

Ken Holland would trade Datsyuk to open cap space before shipping off Zetterberg. Zetterberg is the better player in just about every aspect, it would be silly to let him go just because Datsyuk is signed.

:thumbup: Gotta agree with Loo on this one . There's no doubt that Iggy is a talented player . but after what I saw from him in the series against the Wings(especially from a Captain), I don't want player's like that anywhere near the Wings roster ..

I don't want any goons in D - town.

Ken Holland would trade Datsyuk to open cap space before shipping off Zetterberg. Zetterberg is the better player in just about every aspect, it would be silly to let him go just because Datsyuk is signed.

Not a suprise to anyone im sure, but i'd ship out Datsyuk in a heartbeat to sign Iginla. But, given that there is zero chance Holland would do that, theres no hope for Iginla to come here.

I know what people are going to say goon hate him but picture him in a wings uniform playing beside datsyuk the fact is he brings all the things we need to the table size,speed, and a big shot

never gonna happen

o and your name sucks us canucks rule all your asses

Edited by tony

He embarrassed himself last playoffs.

If he gets away from Sutter though, there might be hope for him.

Iginla's got a lot of great qualities, but he has some wrongheaded ideas about how to fire up his team.

After his meltdown in the playoffs, I'd be a little wary, but still think he'd be a great player to have on the wings. Tough, can score, can hit, a team player...

As others may have already pointed out, Cheli was no angel before coming to the Wings. He was public enemy #1.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Guest DetroitIan

I think Iginla is one of those guys that you absolutely hate as an opponent, but would love to have on your team. I've hated Jerome for YEARS now. Yet if he was in the winged wheel I would be jumping for joy. I highly doubt we will ever snag him, but if we did, I would totally be down. But for the record, I currently hate the guy. And I will continue to unless he's got that winged wheel on his chest.

I think Iginla is one of those guys that you absolutely hate as an opponent, but would love to have on your team. I've hated Jerome for YEARS now. Yet if he was in the winged wheel I would be jumping for joy. I highly doubt we will ever snag him, but if we did, I would totally be down. But for the record, I currently hate the guy. And I will continue to unless he's got that winged wheel on his chest.

See Ian, in this instance you confuse me! You talk so much about wanting guys who only play "clean" and call the whole Ducks team classless and goons, yet here's Iginla who is FAR from being an angel and you'd want him?

That doesnt seem consistent at all to me.

Guest DetroitIan

See Ian, in this instance you confuse me! You talk so much about wanting guys who only play "clean" and call the whole Ducks team classless and goons, yet here's Iginla who is FAR from being an angel and you'd want him?

That doesnt seem consistent at all to me.

Nah thats the thing. Iginla is no angel for sure. But there is a big difference between someone who plays with reckless abandonment and someone who goes out of their way to intentionally injure a player. Plus just like you said before, there is not many tough gritty players that can actually make a 1st or 2nd line. So despite the fact that I hate the guy, he is a dying breed. Hell, if Mark frickin Bell is the best option out there for toughness, that just shows how great it would be to get a player like Jerome. So if we had the chance to get him, Im all for it. I've already stated that Im all for adding toughness, just not in the form of Bell. And Iginla's occasional infractions doesnt even compare to the MULTIPLE dirty players on the Ducks squad that played like that from Oct-June. No comparison.

Nah thats the thing. Iginla is no angel for sure. But there is a big difference between someone who plays with reckless abandonment and someone who goes out of their way to intentionally injure a player. Plus just like you said before, there is not many tough gritty players that can actually make a 1st or 2nd line. So despite the fact that I hate the guy, he is a dying breed. Hell, if Mark frickin Bell is the best option out there for toughness, that just shows how great it would be to get a player like Jerome. So if we had the chance to get him, Im all for it. I've already stated that Im all for adding toughness, just not in the form of Bell. And Iginla's occasional infractions doesnt even compare to the MULTIPLE dirty players on the Ducks squad that played like that from Oct-June. No comparison.

Brad May and Pronger are the only two Ducks who've done anything worse than Iginla.

Guest Crymson

Not a suprise to anyone im sure, but i'd ship out Datsyuk in a heartbeat to sign Iginla. But, given that there is zero chance Holland would do that, theres no hope for Iginla to come here.

Yes; this does not surprise me, as you care nothing about lack of sportsmanship. You are only interested in winning at any cost.

He's a captain, and in the face of his team's terrible behavior in game five he chose to, avowedly, join in "in order to get the guys revved up."

Not okay.

Edited by Crymson

Yes; this does not surprise me, as you care nothing about lack of sportsmanship. You are only interested in winning.

Who isnt interested in winning?

Goon or not he'd be a great addition to the wings. Would you have wanted Chelios or Bertuzzi if this topic was started about them before they were apart of the wings? No of course you wouldnt , but now everyone in Detroit loves Chelios and Bertuzzi.