• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
pondrocket

D Mac

Rate this topic

What's his band name again? They suck beyond measure. I actually left Arts, Beats and Eats early when I was very close to the stage and fairly excited to see "Live" a few years back. I just couldn't take it. I think they're called Grinder? They were just awful. I mean, maybe I'm a snob because I'm a music major, but they just made my ears bleed and I swear the lyrics took points off of my IQ. "We can make a house, we can make a tree..." What a hook.

Ummmm... that's actually a Nirvana song, Mr Music Major.

hey speaking of mac, ive been looking for a video of that thing that oln ran a year ago called "homecoming: darren mccarty returns to detroit" it was a documentory on his return to detroit while with the flames. it was back when versus was still oln. if anyone has a link to this or knows where i can get it that would be a great help. Thanks o, and lets get mac back

In a dreamworld, this is what happens:

-Mac remains a UFA through the regular season. He conditions and plays for a minor league team or similar a la Steve Thomas/Joey Kocur.

-The Wings clear a few roster players with some trades at the deadline, and only have 12 forwards

-They sign Mac to a one year contract at league minimum, which at said point would be 250k or less.

-He works his ass off to get into the Wings lineup, debuts a few weeks before the playoffs, and secures a spot for the playoffs.

-Former fans/bandwagoners fill up the playoff seats in the Joe when they recognize McCarty is playing, and when he takes the ice in Game 1, he plows Tootoo through the glass (since Nashville will be the 8th seed) and the crowd starts cheering "D-Mac! D-Mac! D-Mac"

...or something like that.

-Mac remains a UFA through the regular season. He conditions and plays for a minor league team or similar a la Steve Thomas/Joey Kocur.

-The Wings clear a few roster players with some trades at the deadline, and only have 12 forwards

-They sign Mac to a one year contract at league minimum, which at said point would be 250k or less.

-He works his ass off to get into the Wings lineup, debuts a few weeks before the playoffs, and secures a spot for the playoffs.

-Former fans/bandwagoners fill up the playoff seats in the Joe when they recognize McCarty is playing, and when he takes the ice in Game 1, he plows Tootoo through the glass (since Nashville will be the 8th seed) and the crowd starts cheering "D-Mac! D-Mac! D-Mac"

That'd be AWESOME!! :thumbup:

hey speaking of mac, ive been looking for a video of that thing that oln ran a year ago called "homecoming: darren mccarty returns to detroit" it was a documentory on his return to detroit while with the flames. it was back when versus was still oln. if anyone has a link to this or knows where i can get it that would be a great help. Thanks o, and lets get mac back

I have it and could burn one for ya !

P.M. me your name and address and I will send one out. :)

While $500K might just be cap space to YOU, it's one-half million dollars to the organization. One does not spend one-half million dollars for kicks.

Kenny, Iron Mike, Scotty, Jimmy D, Stevie, etc. are sentimental guys, so you never know. $500,000 to allow McCarty wear #25 in Detroit again and retire as a Wing, maybe good money spent to them. For a team like the Wings, a half a million is peanuts really.

Wow, that would be great. Too bad it's just wishful thinking though.

Here's another situation. It's probably just as much wishful thinking, but I'll give it a shot:

I think that, given the right roster moves, the Wings could dump these scrubs like Kopecky, and sign McCarty to be the teams #13 forward. He then goes out, improves his conditioning, proves that he can stay healthy, and eventually works his way back onto the main roster.

He then continues to improve his strength, and becomes a full time fighter again. The fans then return to the Joe, the Wings win the Stanley Cup, McCarty can retire the next year or keep playing if he plays good and stays healthy, and all is good with the world.

As I said, mine is probably just as much wishful thinking. But hey, it's worth a shot, isn't it?

Here's another situation. It's probably just as much wishful thinking, but I'll give it a shot:

I think that, given the right roster moves, the Wings could dump these scrubs like Kopecky, and sign McCarty to be the teams #13 forward. He then goes out, improves his conditioning, proves that he can stay healthy, and eventually works his way back onto the main roster.

He then continues to improve his strength, and becomes a full time fighter again. The fans then return to the Joe, the Wings win the Stanley Cup, McCarty can retire the next year or keep playing if he plays good and stays healthy, and all is good with the world.

As I said, mine is probably just as much wishful thinking. But hey, it's worth a shot, isn't it?

I'd love that. I've always been a Mac fan , thats not why I want him to return to Detroit. I want him to come back so he can play with Drapes and Malts and Maltby can become the agitator he once was , knowing he has someone on his line that will drop the mits for him.

I'd love that. I've always been a Mac fan , thats not why I want him to return to Detroit. I want him to come back so he can play with Drapes and Malts and Maltby can become the agitator he once was , knowing he has someone on his line that will drop the mits for him.

Exactly one of the best thing to come out of it. Maltby, as much as I like the guy, is dead weight in the lineup without a fighter to do the dirty work for him. We all know his reputation of running away from fights (mainly because he can't really fight himself).

SOmething tells me watching D-mac live would not make up the $100-$300 difference you will be paying for playoff tickets. The brain trust that came up with PINK: FIRE ON ICE campaign would need to think about lowering tickets to help the seats sell in the playoffs... its wouldn't be because of d-mac.

Would I want D-mac back on the team? sure as hell would after Fedorov, Kozlov and Konstantinov though.

Edited by OsGOD

Ummmm... that's actually a Nirvana song, Mr Music Major.

Sort of. Here are some of the lyrics to Breed by Nirvana:

Even if you have

Even if you need

I don't mean to stare

We don't have to breed

We could plant a house

We could build a tree

I don't even care

We could have all three

She said

Now maybe the person just didn't remember the exact words when repeating them. Two possibilities here: 1. Grinder is stealing lines or using similar lines in their songs, or the most likely, 2. Grinder simply sang a Nirvan song.

Guest Yzer19

Kenny, Iron Mike, Scotty, Jimmy D, Stevie, etc. are sentimental guys, so you never know. $500,000 to allow McCarty wear #25 in Detroit again and retire as a Wing, maybe good money spent to them. For a team like the Wings, a half a million is peanuts really.

While the Wings are being sentimental they might as well bring back Hull, Robitaille, Larionov, Fedorov, and Shanahan so they can retire as Wings. What the heck, bring back Yzerman too. They can all wear their old numbers except for Hull (Drake is wearing the #17 now) and Yzerman (the #19 is retired). Hull and Yzerman can just pick new numbers.

Edited by Yzer19

No Thanks.

While the Wings are being sentimental they might as well bring back Hull, Robitaille, Larionov, Fedorov, and Shanahan so they can retire as Wings. What the heck, bring back Yzerman too. They can all wear their old numbers except for Hull (Drake is wearing the #17 now) and Yzerman (the #19 is retired). Hull and Yzerman can just pick new numbers.

That comment is just plain retarded.

What has Kopecky done that has been sooo bad. You constantly bash him and single him out in every thread. What is that you see that Wings mangement does not? Even Babcock raves about him and expects him to take another big step this year just like he did last year.

I love how people want size, bigger is better should be this place's mantra yet the 6'3 205lb forward (Kopecky) should be traded for a washed up D-Mac.

Brilliant!!!!!

I love how people want size, bigger is better should be this place's mantra yet the 6'3 205lb forward (Kopecky) should be traded for a washed up D-Mac.

Brilliant!!!!!

There's a difference between having size, and being a waste of size. Kopecky fits into the latter category.

Where is he more physical and fights? In the pressbox as a healthy scratch?

Whenever he played for The Flames last season, he fought and hit. Its all he can do anymore, I wouldnt say he's as good as he used to be, but better then Kopecky. Unless Kopecky actually learns from Maltby and Drake this season and changes, then he's no better then Mac imo.

Whenever he played for The Flames last season, he fought and hit. Its all he can do anymore,

Fought what? His own shadow? And how many of those fights did he win? It was hard to watch him last season (when he actually played, that is) because you could just see how he was such a shadow of what he once was. It was sad, really

There is no way I'd take Mac over Kopecky. For one thing Kopecky is a lot younger than Mac. That alone makes him more attractive. Yes, Kopecky miss most of last season recovering from a broken collarbone, but Mac's had a history of weird injuries his entire career. He hasn't been a physical presence in about five years.

Also, Kopecky is still feeling his way around the NHL...give him a little time and he will be the big, banging body we need. Like Mac was (hopefully better) and will never be again.

Then there's salary - Kopecky's a damn sight less expensive than Mac. The 2007 version of Mac is really an overpriced, washed up player who was a fan favorite but whose hockey skills are less than mediocre at best. Even at the peak of his career he was a mediocre player. I will say he did have a knack for scoring a timely, dramatic goal or two (the Cup-winning goal in 1997; his hat trick against the Avs in 2002). But his time is done. His only value now is as a mentor to younger players, and he is just too pricey for that, not to mention the Wings have enough veteran players to act as mentors to the kids.

Edited by Yzermania19