• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sticknmove

Remember Jamie Mclennen Calgarys stick swingin backup

Rate this topic

Good riddance :clap:

Sounds like he should blend in nicely with his new club too.

Oddly enough, last season's starting goalie for Metallurg, Travis Scott, was fined during the Russian Super League playoffs last season after taking a wack at Ak Bars forward Alexander Stepanov and then getting into a fight with Ak Bars goalie Mika Noronen.

Don't be so quick to judge over one incindent. The reason Calgary kept him on for so long was because he was such a character guy. He was never that overly skilled nor did he ever really play that much but was one of the most popular guys in the dressing room and with management. I know this directly from Harley Hotchkiss.

Good luck in Russia Noodles

Don't be so quick to judge over one incindent. The reason Calgary kept him on for so long was because he was such a character guy. He was never that overly skilled nor did he ever really play that much but was one of the most popular guys in the dressing room and with management. I know this directly from Harley Hotchkiss.

Yeah. He'd do whatever they asked of him.

Like go into the game for 30 seconds and take a two hander to one the closest Wings players. <_<

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Don't be so biased. You act like it never happens.

While I can back you up that something that retarded has happened before (see Marty McSorely or Todd Bertuzzi), to accept what McLennan did or suggest that this is a normal thing in the NHL is not good.

Yeah. He'd do whatever they asked of him.

Like go into the game for 30 seconds and take a two hander to one the closest Wings players. <_<

It was bulls***, but I'm going to be frank, I don't blame the guy all that much for acting "under orders", even though we all know that doesn't remove culpability. McLennan's 36, he's never had a solid career, and when it comes to wanting to keep your job... yeah, even if you're an upstanding guy with a moral spine, you suddenly have a conflict of interest there.

It didn't help the case for his job anyway, since his ass is headed to Russia. It's like with Lilja though, you want to keep your paycheck so you'll do what your team needs/coach asks of you.

Main difference there though (definitely not the only, these are different situations) is that we admire Lils for getting the balls, and McLennan... yeah, that's a no-brainer, he'll get s*** for it, and rightly so.

if it were a real crazy chop or something other that could be seriously injurious to a player, I'd be pretty quick to start pointing the finger, but as it stands I'm probably more for giving Playfair the better share of the blame

i don't give a f*ck if this guy was a "character" guy, he was bush league and never quite good enough. and i will judge him on that one incident because no matter how much he was liked by member of HIS team, all i ever saw from him was his two hander on my guy when we were embarassing him. F*ck noodles and the horse he rode in on.

McLennan is a nice guy.

And even nice guys do some uncool s*** sometimes.

Bob Probert was a All-time NHL goon, but we all still seem to like him.

i don't give a f*ck if this guy was a "character" guy, he was bush league and never quite good enough. and i will judge him on that one incident because no matter how much he was liked by member of HIS team, all i ever saw from him was his two hander on my guy when we were embarassing him. F*ck noodles and the horse he rode in on.

Your post is by far the most intelligent in the off-season. Do you and McLennan have personal issues ? Settle doen, man.

And McLennan WAS good enough, he played 250 NHL games.

I'll always remember this:

Edited by interminded

McLennan sucks. That's why he's going to play in Russia, not just his one incident on Franzen.

Calgary has no use for him now that Brent Krahn is ready to be the backup.

Exactly. :thumbup: No one liked him after the stick swinging incident , but the main reason he's out of the NHL is that he's never really been that good of a goaltender.

Wow coming from someone who finds validity in drawing a comparison between Jamie Mclennan and Bob Probert , being called "intelligent" in such a sarcastic manner really stings. Mclennan blew d*ck, thats about that, i dont have to expend intelligence in my trashing of a bush league has-bee...wait, i mean never-was nhl caliber goaltender.

Impressive career stats:

80 109 33

I guess I understand why people trash the guy on here. But Jamie McLennan has consistently been one of the better backups in the NHL the past few years. Until the playoffs, he was the only veteran goalie available I would have even considered signing had Hasek retired; given his combination of solid play and low price tag. Obviously that changed after the playoffs, but I'm still somewhat surprised nobody signed him.

Quite an imagination there.....

All I'm saying is don't completely judge the guy on that one incident. And for christs sake you bring up Mcsorley and Bertuzzi for comparison? Come on. Seriously.

I'm definitely trying not to judge like that, I probably would have little problems with Jamie McLennan the person off the ice. I don't really have problems with his attitude or anything like that, minus this incident, on the ice either.

Who/what should I compare his incident to then?

Guest jaytan

Yep, I'd actually heard he's a decent guy as well. I'm pretty sure the coach sent him out there to do the whack. Doesn't mean he should have done it, but he still was just following orders. :blink:

By the way, sweet avatar.

McLennan is a*hole to do what he's asked to do. but the finger needs to be pointed to Playdirty, who's ultimately responsible for this s***. Noodles had not done that crap just by himself, get real!

good riddance, though.

Well, all I've ever seen from you is foul-mouthed goonery, no matter how well liked you are by people that actually know you. Should I judge you based on that? According to you: yes.

I gotta say when I first saw the stick swinging I didn't think it was a McClennan thing to do. I never thought of him as a dirty player. I think that move was definitley orchestrated from behind the bench!!