• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Drake_Marcus

Scariest moment of this year's playoffs?

Rate this topic

1. Danimal hits a rut in the ice and goes skull first into the boards.

2. Cheli gets a shorthanded goal, thus ruining the chances for "old useless man" jokes for 2-3 minutes of that game commentary. :lol: {just kidding guys and gals- I love Chris as much as you do!}

3. Pronger goes in elbows first on Holmer then passes the penalty off on his linemate while we all sit on our couch praying Holmer is ok.

4. Bernie the rally bird almost dies at the hands of grumpy old Hasek.

My vote is for #1. That fall just plain looked career-ending. And when they took the stretcher out on the ice the blood drained from my face.

Hommer getting smashed into the boards was the scariest moment for me this playoffs. Just glad he's alright.... :D

Edited by wingsfan40

The scariest moment(s) for me were ANY time that hasek came out of his net too far :P

But out of the options, definitely #3.

Edited by Swayze

For me it was that brief moment between Lilja's turnover in overtime, and Selanne's goal off the turnover. I knew in that moment that we were screwed.

oh come on...as if you didn't already know we were screwed after the Neideimer equaliser with no time left which deflected off Lids stick on a 6 on 4 due to a bogus call on Datsyuk...

thats when i knew

For me it would have had to of been the possibility of a 2-0 series lead for the Sharks going to San Jose. Datsyuk's GWG that game was awesome.

Homer's was definitely scary, but Cleary's incident scared the hell outta me. It was such a freak accident. Luckily both of them were okay and that's all that matters.

ditto

Lil' Ja carring the puck by his lonesome up the center of the defensive zone with Selanne whispering sweet nothings in his ear!

Edited by OsGOD

Lil' Ja carring the puck by his lonesome up the center of the defensive zone with Selanne whispering sweet nothings in his ear!

:lol: !

just thinking of Emerick doing the call and the groan at the Joe

*gulp

3) Dats, & Hank taking hits, & dishing them out - sooner or later they'll get injured (see Hank's back) since neither have the size to take on many oposing players.

That was one of the happiest moments for me! It was great to see everyone step it up physically. I'll never forget one of the shifts by that line and i think it was against the Sharks? Homer hammers one of them through the boards, seconds later Hank sends one of them into the boards hard, and again seconds later Datsyuk follows up with a big hit. I was blown away. lol

oh come on...as if you didn't already know we were screwed after the Neideimer equaliser with no time left which deflected off Lids stick on a 6 on 4 due to a bogus call on Datsyuk...

thats when i knew

As scary as our boys going down was. I have to agree. I loved Lilja's game in the playoffs, but the second he coughed it up ... I just had this sickening feeling.

Out of that list, the #3 option.

Overall, I'd say Lilja carrying the puck out of the zone, only to lose it and ultimately lose the game for the Wings. I still haven't forgiven him for that. It's not that hard to play it simple and just pass the puck up to an open winger. Makes me think his whole strong playoffs was a total fluke, since he went back to old ways real fast.

Ok, enough ranting.