• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata40

islanders new jerseys

Rate this topic

They are a little too busy for my liking. That, and if they shrunk down the logo to be about 2/3 of the current size, I would like it more.

I agree..those are G-R-O-S-S, way too much going on there..all they need is some advertisements and they would have a perfect Euro club jersey!!

The numbers on the front look too cluttered to me as well. Like the C & A on the Wings jersey it's also on the wrong side. Even on the other side it'd still be too cluttered, but IMO, it'd look better.

The home jersey looks better than the away jersey. On the away the sleeves are too dark for the rest of the jersey.

The tie-ups are a nice touch, but again that adds to making the jersey look cluttered. Though part of that is where the NHL logo is. That, as far as I'm concerned, is a bad design flaw especially since some teams seem infatuated with tie-up sweaters, which these days, aren't really necessary.

Another thing I don't like is the blue piping. That makes it look cluttered too.

Edited by auxlepli

Guest DetroitIan

I like them

IPB Image

IPB Image

but on the home it looks like the numbers are on the right side, so maybe we wont be the only team with moving "C"s and "A"s

I like em. They definitely look better than last years. The dark jersey is much better though. The white ones arent that great.

The numbers on the front look too cluttered to me as well. Like the C & A on the Wings jersey it's also on the wrong side. Even on the other side it'd still be too cluttered, but IMO, it'd look better.

The home jersey looks better than the away jersey. On the away the sleeves are too dark for the rest of the jersey.

As compared to this one?

IPB Image

The tie-ups are a nice touch, but again that adds to making the jersey look cluttered. Though part of that is where the NHL logo is. That, as far as I'm concerned, is a bad design flaw especially since some teams seem infatuated with tie-up sweaters, which these days, aren't really necessary.

Another thing I don't like is the blue piping. That makes it look cluttered too.

Take off the blue piping and maybe simplify the sleeves a little and it would look a lot better. The top half of the sleeves should be the same as the body color, like the classic Isles jerseys. If they made those two changes, the jersey would be virtually identical to the classic one.

Guest DetroitIan

I love em. but then again I have liked most of the new jerseys!

What about Pittsburg? I feel like Im the only one who likes the new Pens jerseys. I think they're sweet as hell. Im not a big fan of all the new jerseys, but that one in particular definitely caught my eye.

What about Pittsburg? I feel like Im the only one who likes the new Pens jerseys. I think they're sweet as hell. Im not a big fan of all the new jerseys, but that one in particular definitely caught my eye.

Yes I love the new pittsburg jeserys!

Hate the #'s on the front. Sleeves are too busy.

Glad I'm not an Islanders fan...

I don't like the number on the front. With the # and a C or an A does make it to cluttered. Whats next a bud logo, or coke, lasic eye surgery...

:blink::blink::blink:

SHHHH... Don't let Bettman hear that... Or else, it's not much a stretch to this...

[attachmentid=487]

post-3124-1187317919_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jedi

Hate the #'s on the front. Sleeves are too busy.

Glad I'm not an Islanders fan...

Wow I was to consumed by the chest. Now that you brought up the sleeves...oh my what a mess...

The logo and collar ties are the only things I like...

Edited by Production Line

anything is better than these

IPB Image

but if you ask me they should have went with there 3rd jersey of last year, it was sweet.

IPB Image

but i still like the new ones

How could anybody find the new Islanders jerseys appealing? As a whole they are too busy. The contour line in the top portion of the jersey is uneccesary, the abundence of white places emphasis on the arms which makes the appearence overall unbalanced, the parallel lines on the shoulder serve no purpose, the smaller bottom border doesn't give the jersey enough of a foundation say as the older Red Wings jersey, and the color placement makes for an overall very muttled composition. Bottom line is this looks more like a baseball uniform, not hockey. I don't have anything against baseball uniforms, but Christ what was the designer thinking? If there is a reason and a true purpose for the excection, then so be it. To me it just seems to be careless and not thought out.

Edited by Erack82

Guest jaytan

These new Islanders jerseys are better than their old ones. I like the addition of more orange. There needs to be a thin white stripe under the top orange part of the sleeve, to match the rest and balance it out.

Their logo still sucks, but I guess they can't change it.

They won't be wearing the 'A' and 'C' on the wrong side like Detroit, though (blasphemy!), I've seen other pictures of the blue jersey, and the number is always on the same side as it is on the white one. Plus, DiPietro's jerseys in these pictures lack the sleeve numbers, which will be included.

Guest jaytan

Here are the other pictures I saw (I think he's on an Island):

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by jaytan