• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedLightGoesOn

Roberto Luongo

Rate this topic

So after Sunday's game against Vancouver, I was wondering could Luongoo be the next big time goal tender in a Detroit uniform? I know he has a No Trade Clause in his 4 year contract with Vancouver, but do you think Holland would try to go after him? I know he's been looking at goaltenders recently and granted the Nucks wont let him go for a song. I think in a year or two when hes nearing the end of his contract or when it is up that he would be a Cup winning goalie for us, mainly because he would have one of the best defenses in the league backing him up, but I think a little more time in the NHL will turn him into that goalie that can rob a game and win a Cup or two... your thoughts?

No chance in hell, unless you're willing to kid yourself.

He's a great goaltender though. I can't get that save he made on Zetts' breakaway out of my head. That was some good hockey the other night.

I just dont see the canucks letting him go, he carried the canucks to the playoffs last year and I see him doing that again this year and years to come. And there are some players you dont trade and i think luongo is one of them. I personnel wont be surprised if he stays with the nucks for the rest of his career. But i could be wrong ^^. And iam sure most GMs will go after him they would be crazy not to try and get him. (if they have that kinda money lol..)

Edited by Duck Guy

Vancouver would let the Sedins walk before they give up Luongo. They will happily pay him whatever he wants to remain a Canuck forever.

I agree.

Luongo is the first decent goaltender in Vancouver since... uhm.... ah... wel, since a long long time.

Guest Jeremy88

Vancouver trading Luongo is like us trading Lidstrom...it's never gonna happen

Edited by Jeremy88

Never say never, if he gets fed up with the nucks poor D and getting fired on like back in Florida and becomes a cancer; who knows. Demands a trade - wants to be on a real Cup contender. No one thought Roy would leave - it's still a business

As long as Vancouver is even close to being a contender then Luongo will stay on. I'm not really surprised he left Florida, god knows he gave them a long time to show some improvement. I think Vancouver will start to improve as soon as they get rid of Näslunds bloated salary. I don't mean that they get rid of him, just that they pay him less so they can afford to sign someone else...

If Gretz can be traded, anyone can. Keep in mind that Loungo has already been dealt twice.

That being said, the Wings don't have anything close (that Kenny would be willing to part with) to the package it would take to obtain Loungo. Even if Kenny were willing to pull the trigger on such a deal, you have to wonder if he'd want to do such a thing within the conference.

Luongo is not coming to Detroit, not any time soon, anyway. He could pull a Dom move and demand a trade to a contender, but I wouldn't hold my breath that he has that kind of pull.

I wonder if Chris Chelios could make it happen......

No chance in hell, unless you're willing to kid yourself.

He's a great goaltender though. I can't get that save he made on Zetts' breakaway out of my head. That was some good hockey the other night.

Agreed...no chance of him leaving Vancouver....he is here for the long haul and will be the Canadian goalie for the 2010 Olympics right here in Vancouver....

You are bang on with the great save he made on Zetts....among others....here is a shot I took of the breakaway the other night....a little blury but still...what a save!!!

GO WINGS!!

IPB Image

im not saying anything but I think luongo will want a shot at a cup...and thats the only possibility

Sensible.

Highly doubtful that he'll ever end up in Detroit, but one never knows. The call to Holland for a Hasek deal came right outta the frikin blue, didn't it? Who amongst us would have ever predicted that? The same guy who started this thread, thats who. :ph34r:

Nonis (Van's GM) is young and if the Knuckleheads don't get it together soon his replacement just might want to rid the farm of the old cattle and start over again and who knows, Luongo would bring in a load of youngen's. Of course he's a fan favorite already and a great foundation to start building a team on but stranger deals have happenned. At this point the Knucks are NOT worthy of his play, thats for sure.

As far as "someday" being able to steal a playoff game like someone previously mentioned hell his first playoff game ever he had like 50 saves and basically stole the whole series last year. I'm pretty sure the dude is there already.

Edited by T.Low