• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

11/24 GDT: Blue Jackets 3, Red Wings 2 (SO)

Rate this topic

Dont get me wrong, I tried to look for every way possible to give it to my boy Downey :P But to no avail. I may be a Downey homer in other aspects, but when it comes fights gotta call it like i see it no matter who it is.

Jared Boll is damn entertaining though! The more i watch him, the more im liking him.

Yeah he freakin' tore up the OHL last year... and by tearing up i mean kicking the schit out of the rest of league :) it was a pleasure to watch! I watch the jackets every chance i can because he is very Entertaining!

Dude, my heart was pounding out of my chest! That was a really good game. Ozzie was AMAZING!!! And I think now you guys can lay off of Lilja. We definetly wouldn't have had the OT point if he didn't make that lovely Nick Lidstrom type play. :D It was even worthy of an overhead camera shot. :P

I absolutely love in LGW that Dom has a bad game and you want to send him to the gallow's. Ozzy has an awful game and everyone is saying, "nice try, oz, you had a good game"!

How does Ozzy have a good game. He let in two goals. One of which was a complete joke! Should have never went in the net! If that did not even happen he let in ALL THREE SHOOTOUT GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really how does that define a good game? All three penalty shots were decent but nothing impossible to stop, he cannot let in all three and still be considered for a good performance.

I am offiacally anouncing the Oust Ozzy Organization.

I don't think you'll get Babcock to join:

From TSN.ca

Pavel Datsyuk had a goal and an assist, and Tomas Holmstrom also scored for Detroit, which has lost five of seven. Chris Osgood made several spectacular saves to keep the Red Wings in the game.

"We had every chance to win," Detroit coach Mike Babcock said. "So many opportunities, but the bottom line is, without Ozzie, we wouldn't have even got the third period. It would have been over."

Osgood made his best saves moments earlier with Columbus on the power play and looking to add to their lead. He stoned Gilbert Brule on a semi-breakaway after Dan Cleary gave the puck away. Osgood then followed with two diving, stick saves seconds apart on Nash on cross-ice feeds.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Very nice game last night! This is the way hockey's supposed to be played folks....with alot of passion and not just a bunch of fancy shmancy crap! Both of these games against the Jackets have been entertaining, this one especially. Downey definitely has an effect on the whole team when he's in there.

As for the fights, Downey/Shelley was an uneventful draw. Downey/Boll, looking at it unbiasedly, you've gotta give it to Boll. He was definitely more effective early on than Downey was late....score that one an upset. Good, exciting tilt anyway though.

When was the last time that a Wings player had 2 fights in a game? I still can't believe it myself.

Great game by Datsyuk! Babcock has to realize one simple thing: Hank cannot score in shootout!

imo the reason why hank can't score in the shootout is because he has become predictable to goalies. He has attempted to deke every single time this year and has only scored once. He needs to add a couple of tricks to his bag like datsyuk has. Hudler has been the same way, fortionetly for him, he's scored more than once with going top shelf.

As much as i love hank and he's awesome during the game, we need a line up change when it comes to shootouts.

As much as i love hank and he's awesome during the game, we need a line up change when it comes to shootouts.

Yeah, I remember during the Pre-Season when Babs put out Hudler, Kopecky, and Grigorenko. I thought that Hudler would score and the other two would miss. Turned out I was surprised by Kopecky's goal.

And I think now you guys can lay off of Lilja.

My hate for Lilja runs deeper than lilja's one good game, but he is exempt from riducule before the next game, Because he did play relativly good tonight. :hehe:

When was the last time that a Wings player had 2 fights in a game? I still can't believe it myself.

I'm guessing the Nashville game that had a bunch of fights from 3 or 4 years ago. I know McCarty went with Jeremy Stevenson and Jamie Allison. I think Maltby may have even gotten credited with 2 although he was a ***** in both against Scott Walker. Dandenault got in 2 as well. Wow...what a game that was!

I absolutely love in LGW that Dom has a bad game and you want to send him to the gallow's. Ozzy has an awful game and everyone is saying, "nice try, oz, you had a good game"!

How does Ozzy have a good game. He let in two goals. One of which was a complete joke! Should have never went in the net! If that did not even happen he let in ALL THREE SHOOTOUT GOALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Really how does that define a good game? All three penalty shots were decent but nothing impossible to stop, he cannot let in all three and still be considered for a good performance.

I am offiacally anouncing the Oust Ozzy Organization.

Let's see, If osgood didnt make all those crunch time saves the game would of been 7-2 with Hasek in.. no doubt in my mind. and you cant drill Ozzie on letting 3 shootout goals, because your boy "THE DOMINATOR" let in 3 BREAKAWAYS FROM RENE BORQUE AND PATRICK SHARP SERIOUSLY.. SERIOUSLYY..SERIOUSLY..idk how to spell seriously. Ozzie record is still 1 of the best if not the best in the NHL..

Leave The Dinosaur On The Bench.

My hate for Lilja runs deeper than lilja's one good game, but he is exempt from riducule before the next game, Because he did play relativly good tonight. :hehe:

Ok, well at least he's off the hook for today and tomorrow. :lol:

Let's see, If osgood didnt make all those crunch time saves the game would of been 7-2 with Hasek in.. no doubt in my mind. and you cant drill Ozzie on letting 3 shootout goals, because your boy "THE DOMINATOR" let in 3 BREAKAWAYS FROM RENE BORQUE AND PATRICK SHARP SERIOUSLY.. SERIOUSLYY..SERIOUSLY..idk how to spell seriously. Ozzie record is still 1 of the best if not the best in the NHL..

Leave The Dinosaur On The Bench.

Unless you're psychic, you don't know how the games would have played out, if the goalies had been reversed. And IceMunkee is right. Ozzie has the momentum now and can do no wrong. Hasek doesn't, and can do nothing right. It's all perception and perspective, when it comes to winning and losing in Detroit now.

The scores in the last two games were the same. Only the perception of who was to "blame" for those results is all that different.

I'm guessing the Nashville game that had a bunch of fights from 3 or 4 years ago. I know McCarty went with Jeremy Stevenson and Jamie Allison. I think Maltby may have even gotten credited with 2 although he was a ***** in both against Scott Walker. Dandenault got in 2 as well. Wow...what a game that was!

That was a good game. We need to have another one of those :D

That was a good game. We need to have another one of those :D

I don't know. There's not very many teams that I see us being able to take in an all out brawl. Lilja and Kopecky need to step it up in the fighting department before we start talking about stuff like that.

Lilja is nothing more then an Alexi Yashin but less talented, and not a forward.. has the size but sucks at using it..

The way Kopecky talks about playing physical makes me think i cant trust him to be a consistant grinder.. he does it cause he was told to do it, Not because thats what he is comfortable doing.

I agree, I think detroit needs to start turning the corner. We got the skilled players for the future, now lets start shaping our 3-4th lines for the future, get our next big Grind Liners in the org.. i think we got a few so far but its a toss up since they are still in the "all potential stage"

This is what got me about the game, Babcock said the Wings weren't ready to play. Why not? They're professionals. They had a day off where the Jackets didn't. The Wings' performance was unacceptable, even Babcock said it.

http://redwingscorner.blogspot.com/2007/11...otout-loss.html

"There is such a fine line in this league now, if you're not going to have your whole team show up, you're not going to win," said Babcock. "It was the first time in a long, long time that we didn't have enough people ready to play and ready to compete. That's unacceptable and that's un-Red Wing like."

I remember that one. Great game. :D

The Wings couldn't do anything of that magintude now, unless Downey got into every fight himself. If he did, he'd have about 6 fighting majors in one game! Although that's not even possible, because he'd probably be kicked out before that happened. :P

I don't know. There's not very many teams that I see us being able to take in an all out brawl. Lilja and Kopecky need to step it up in the fighting department before we start talking about stuff like that.

If both of them we're benched for a period of 3-5 games straight, you might see them drop the gloves. But otherwise, no, they never will.

I don't know what Kopecky's deal is. He actually looked pretty good in the fight against Sharpe (mind you Sharpe is a ***** when it comes to fighting), and some of his AHL fights weren't half bad either.

If he's going to be playing full-time over Downey, he better start dropping the gloves more. Hopefully, though, it doesn't come to that anyways, and Downey takes his spot instead. ;)

This is what got me about the game, Babcock said the Wings weren't ready to play. Why not? They're professionals. They had a day off where the Jackets didn't. The Wings' performance was unacceptable, even Babcock said it.

http://redwingscorner.blogspot.com/2007/11...otout-loss.html

"There is such a fine line in this league now, if you're not going to have your whole team show up, you're not going to win," said Babcock. "It was the first time in a long, long time that we didn't have enough people ready to play and ready to compete. That's unacceptable and that's un-Red Wing like."

That is worrying,but maybe even more worrying is if they came ready to play in other losses we'd had.

I certainly don't think they did,but Babs seems to think so. :huh:

Edited by FinRedWing

Downey looked downright (no pun intended) exhausted in the second fight.

I don't care if you just say BLAH in a post... you need to post much more frequently... I laugh so hard looking at your avatar!