• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
esteef

Downey vs. Fedoruk

Rate this topic

Downey is the man. I said it in the GDT last night, if he scores a goal at the Joe, the celebration will be great. This city has been waiting for a good enforcer for years and they finally have one and there loving it.

Just a fun fact for fight lovers like me and others on the boards, the Wings have had more fights in 28 games this season then they did all of last year.

Just a fun fact for fight lovers like me and others on the boards, the Wings have had more fights in 28 games this season then they did all of last year.

:lol: I noticed that too! How many now like 11 or 12?

Cheers!

esteef

Edited by esteef

Definite draw.

While your on You Tube, take a gander at the Fedoruk/Orr Fedoruk/Boogaard fights. Ouch. The Boogaard one is kinda hilarious actually given the way Fridge chased him down.

11. It would've been 12 but Fedoruk and Downeys first fight didnt last very long :P

Yeah but if Downey doesnt fall, they go there and thats it. So either way, it'd be 11 :P

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Downey is the man, I got to meet him at chelis chili after the phoenix game last week and he was nice as could be and I let him know how much we appreciate him here and that i hoped he stuck around. One awesome dude. :clap:

I like this clip of Downey. Not that i'm proud of it but i've done this before. Oh well........

warning, content not for the young or easily offended. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK8yDNqLO6M

anybody read lips???

Good clean hockey fight. Mutual respect. Gotta love it! :thumbup:

I don't have anything against mutual respect, but I kind of miss some of the dirty goons in the old days like Dave Brown, Behn Wilson, John Wensink, etc. You'd never see guys like that patting people on the back after a fight, or pulling any punches when the other guy is down.

AHAHA

Man I need myself a Downey jersey. ljksdjgs

Ive thought about getting one, but then i'd extra pissed if he got claimed off of waivers. Too risky to cough up the dough!

Ive thought about getting one, but then i'd extra pissed if he got claimed off of waivers. Too risky to cough up the dough!

Well, there's always the Lilja jersey that you can get. That's the beauty of having more than 1 enforcer on the team.

A solid fight both ways there. What I like about it is neither player just jumped one another causing an unfair advantage, and most notable (for me at least) is they both knew when to stop and gave each other kudos after a good bought. Great sportsmanship there which we sometimes don't see much of anymore I think.

I don't have anything against mutual respect, but I kind of miss some of the dirty goons in the old days like Dave Brown, Behn Wilson, John Wensink, etc. You'd never see guys like that patting people on the back after a fight, or pulling any punches when the other guy is down.

Very true GMR, but guys like that do exist in this league anymore. Dave Brown was asked why he did not throw as many punches as some of his combatants, he said he didn't want to waste any energy on a uselessly punch, he was looking for the best way to hurt someone. Philly had some of the nastiest people to ever come into the league, they have had that mentality since they began in the NHL. Thanks to Youtube GMR you can revisit a yesteryear gone buy. We are in a kinder, gentler NHL now.