• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

timothy1997

2007-2008 NFL Playoff Thread

Rate this topic

2007-2008 NFL Playoffs  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Manning getting a ring+Low Scoring+Horrible Commercials+Pats Blowing Perfection=Worst Superbowl ever!

Will say the last 5 minutes was exciting. Plus I was sipping some Yukon Jack so thats always a good time (:

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

Wow! What an upset!

I was rooting for the Pats, but it really doesn't matter to me. This will make for a great storyline now, anyways. Somebody jynxed the Pats by posting that book before it even happened.

That was really not a great Super Bowl, for the most part, but the 4th Quarter was a pretty good ending anyways. That was entertaining down the stretch.

Edited by Kp-Wings

Wow, I am not a football fan by any means.... nor a fan of either team, I do have friends that are fans of both teams so it was hard to decide who I was cheering for..... Going into the game I was torn on whether I wanted the Pats to pull off the 19-0 or see the Giants pull one of the biggest upsets in sports history.... When the game started I realized that I was cheering for the Giants and I have to say..... What an ELECTRIFYING game! the best Superbowl I have seen :clap:

Manning getting a ring+Low Scoring+Horrible Commercials+Pats Blowing Perfection=Worst Superbowl ever!

not sure if it was the worst super bowl ever, but it has to rank up there with the first 3 quarters. Last quarter was a classic tho.

When Manning escaped the sack and threw the pass to Tyree for a long completion, my jaw just dropped. You cannot measure determination.

I was cheering for the Pats - but i am not a huge NFL fan. Sad to see the perfection end. Those guys must feel horrible - to them, a 16-0 season means nothing right now. The game was boring, and the outcome seems like more of a perfection ruiner then a Giants victory. In fact, ten years from now I bet people remember this game for the Patriots losing, not the Giants winning.

Saying that, Giants fans must feel GREAT. Congrats!

i am just stunned. one of the worst played, boring super bowl had a fantastic finish. 4th quarter is downright legendary. Eli Manning has arrived. Hats off to the Giants.

Most Super Bowls are boring in my opinion, I usually skip them. Except for the fourth quarter in tonight's, it was set to take the cake. Kudos to the Giants for knocking off previously unbeaten Patriots.

I was happy to see the G-men pull that one off. It doesn't really take the sting of of the NFC Championship (because I feel like there was an opportunity and GB could've knocked off NE too--though it would've been a much different game) but I'm glad someone took care of the Pats. I've got absolutely nothing against the Giants. They're a class organization and there's no one on the team that I actively dislike. Happy for Toomer especially. It was also nice to see what happens when Brady doesn't have 8 seconds to throw every pass. He's still a great QB, but the OL is the biggest reason that offense was as good as it was this year.

I really can't wait to see what comes of these new taping allegations. Sounds like that ex-video guy has a story to tell if he gets subpoenaed.

So congrats to the Giants. I never would've believed that Eli could win 3 playoff games on the road, and knock off the Cowboys, Packers, and Pats all in a row. Really impressive. That pass to that dude I've never heard of late in the game was unreal. Both the way he escaped a sure sack and the catch the WR made. Holy crap.

Can't wait for the Draft and next season to get started!

It's official: the Pats whole season was for nothing!

Awesome ending. So worth taking the day off to watch the cheating Pats blow it!! That offensive line was a disgrace. They never came close to playing that bad in any game this year. Brady must be so pissed.

Eli's sack evasion and pass to Tyree was classic. That's what makes sport great. I got two buddies that don't like football to watch the game with me and they turned pretty quick with that ending. They now see things the way Doggy does.

I really can't wait to see what comes of these new taping allegations. Sounds like that ex-video guy has a story to tell if he gets subpoenaed.

You do realize that all 32 NFL teams cheat in some form like taping practices, stealing signals. Some (the Detroit Lions) albeit don't cheat effectively. It's 2002. It's over. Kurt Warner and the Rams lost.

What if the Patriots found out that Brett Favre and the Packers cheated in 1996. You want to change the outcome of the game now?? I think not.

I was happy to see the G-men pull that one off. It doesn't really take the sting of of the NFC Championship (because I feel like there was an opportunity and GB could've knocked off NE too--though it would've been a much different game) but I'm glad someone took care of the Pats.

The Giants outplayed the Cowboys. The Giants outplayed the Packers. The Giants outplayed the Patriots. See where I am going with this. Non of this "GB had a chance". Yeah GB had a chance in Lambeau. They couldn't get the job done then.

Giants are well deserving of being called Super Bowl Champions.

so how did you ever become a wings fan then? Thought you would be a Bruins fan then.

I was born in Mass and I'm a bruins fan, red sox, pats fan but I became a red wings fan because of my brother in law who is from Michigan. He met my older sister when I was 14 and he's been around for 20 plus years now. :) And that's how I became a red wings fan...because of him. He's been more like a brother to me than my own brother has been.

:)

I follow the Red Wings closer than anything because we pay for the hockey package. I can't afford to get the football package either. It's been great this season because ALL the pats games were aired and I was able to catch them. The football package is WAY too expensive as a far as I'm concerned.

The 1985 Chicago Bears and the 1984 San Francisco 49ers went 18-1. Only thing is both those teams won their Super Bowl.

They didnt file a patent on 19-0 a few weeks before the Super Bowl. Thats what that was in reference to. The Patriots organization filed for the 19-0 patent. Shows how cocky they were, til they took one on the chin.

Good game. I especially enjoyed the walleye and venison my uncle made and the white chicken chili (i think that what my aunt said it was) and italian sausage my aunt made. And obviously the beer.

They didnt file a patent on 19-0 a few weeks before the Super Bowl. Thats what that was in reference to. The Patriots organization filed for the 19-0 patent. Shows how cocky they were, til they took one on the chin.

The 85 Bears and the 84 niners weren't going for 19-0 tho. They both lost a game in the regular season. Patriots were going for 19-0 and in a business sense, it is smart to patent that before it actually occured so that you get the profit from the 19-0 TM, not someone else. The Patriots themselves weren't cocky. The Patriots brass and boston globe were tho.

The Giants outplayed the Cowboys. The Giants outplayed the Packers. The Giants outplayed the Patriots. See where I am going with this. Non of this "GB had a chance". Yeah GB had a chance in Lambeau. They couldn't get the job done then.

Giants are well deserving of being called Super Bowl Champions.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I didn't deny any of that.

Perhaps - but in today's business world you would have to patent something before it actually occurs. Any team would have done this - like say the Lions (lol) - OK that's not funny!

I wonder if the 3 people that voted for the Giants winning did so BEFORE the playoffs began, or last night around 9pm EST?? <_<

Anyhow congrats to them - I was kind of hoping to see perfection happen - but the team that played better won. I'm not sure that someone not named Manning or Brady will win a Superbowl for awhile....