• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Mickeyisms Rule!

Sidney Crosby injures ankle

Rate this topic

So much for the all-star game. I wish they wouldn't name the team until a week before the game, that way there wouldn't be all these surprisig injuries weeks before the game. This happens to at least 5 guys every year, but this was the most important player the league could have injured. Bettman's probably rolling over in his grave right now.

So much for the all-star game. I wish they wouldn't name the team until a week before the game, that way there wouldn't be all these surprisig injuries weeks before the game. This happens to at least 5 guys every year, but this was the most important player the league could have injured. Bettman's probably rolling over in his grave right now.

:lol:

Wishful thinking?

yea, my friend is gonna be pissed when i tell him...he creams his jeans over sid everytime he hears his name

Look, whether or not you appreciate the hype machine or Crosby's game (which I will officially call you an idiot for if you don't), it's silly and stupid to laugh when the face of a struggling league gets hurt before one of their biggest showcases. If you sincerely laugh at this, then I expect no bitching about the lack of national coverage for the NHL from you, and I also expect you to

accept Barry Melrose's descriptions and analysis of the league today without whining.

Do I think Crosby is the next coming? No. Do I think he is the best marketing tool available to the league since long before Feds came into his own and since Kariya shat the bed? Absolutely. As such, it's our duty as hockey fans to support him unless we want to be relegated to MLS status.

Just my .02.

Look, whether or not you appreciate the hype machine or Crosby's game (which I will officially call you an idiot for if you don't), it's silly and stupid to laugh when the face of a struggling league gets hurt before one of their biggest showcases. If you sincerely laugh at this, then I expect no bitching about the lack of national coverage for the NHL from you, and I also expect you to

accept Barry Melrose's descriptions and analysis of the league today without whining.

Do I think Crosby is the next coming? No. Do I think he is the best marketing tool available to the league since long before Feds came into his own and since Kariya shat the bed? Absolutely. As such, it's our duty as hockey fans to support him unless we want to be relegated to MLS status.

Just my .02.

hey i wasnt laughing at him, i never wish anyone harm. Its not like i hate the guy, i appreciate what hes doing for the game but i was just saying that there are so many people who are going to be really really upset

Hooray! Do you think we'll be spared a Crosby article or headline for a month or two? The whole 3 Crosby articles and interviews a day got old two years ago

Don't get your hopes up, it will be worse now. We will have an up to the second updates about how Crosby's ankle held up during his morning shower, how what he ate for breakfast will help his ankle heal .0954757453543% faster, ect...

No doubt the ASG will be dominated with talk about how Crosby is injured, and what he would have done if he were there, blah freakin' blah... I wouldn't be surprised to see the NHL make Sid the honorary captain.

I'm not gunna lie to you guys. I laughed when it happened. My buddy worships Crosby. The look on his face when Crosby was helped off the ice was priceless. I'm pretty sure he is going to use a sick day at work tomorrow so he can pray to Sid in hopes of somehow expediting the healing process.

Call it what you want to call it, but I'm glad he got injured. I'm so sick of hearing about how wonder Crosby takes a s***, and that no one on earth could possibly do it better. This proves he is human.

The perfect player to ***** out on marketing? No. Ovechkin has so much more charisma than Crosby could hope to have. He should be the face of the NHL. If he could speak and understand English better, he would be. He is the type of guy who people want to see because he makes us all laugh. Sid is too dry.

Honestly, I dislike Crosby. Not really sure why, I guess it's just something unexplainable. But I dislike Gretzky even more and I want Crosby to at least somewhat challenge Gretzky's records... And overall injuries aren't cool...

maybe this is a blessing in disguise for the NHL ... with crosby there the game would basically be a sid love-fest, and - oh, by the way- we brought a few other players for him to play with/against ... maybe this will force the league to shine the spotlight on some of the less-marketed players so people feel they have a choice .... right now the NHL marketing campaign seems to be "love hockey = love crosby" when they should be developing some "rivalries" for crosby, promoting others as equals so casual fans can take a side ...

Honestly, I dislike Crosby. Not really sure why, I guess it's just something unexplainable. But I dislike Gretzky even more and I want Crosby to at least somewhat challenge Gretzky's records... And overall injuries aren't cool...

I"m with you, i'm not a Crosby fan.

It sucks that he is hurt and it will be interesting to see how Pens play without him in the lineup. I hope they continue to play well without him.

Guest nutz2u

I agree that all the hype gets pretty old. There are a lot of great young players in the league that should be getting a lot more ink. :ranting: If they thught they could get away with it we'd probably have to read how many times a day Sid took a piss.

I agree that all the hype gets pretty old. There are a lot of great young players in the league that should be getting a lot more ink. :ranting: If they thught they could get away with it we'd probably have to read how many times a day Sid took a piss.

WHAT!! You mean to say they took the 'Sid-pissometer' off the Pens website?? Aww man!

I'm not gunna lie to you guys. I laughed when it happened. My buddy worships Crosby. The look on his face when Crosby was helped off the ice was priceless. I'm pretty sure he is going to use a sick day at work tomorrow so he can pray to Sid in hopes of somehow expediting the healing process.

Call it what you want to call it, but I'm glad he got injured. I'm so sick of hearing about how wonder Crosby takes a s***, and that no one on earth could possibly do it better. This proves he is human.

Nice :thumbdown:

bad news overall, in my opinion. bad for the game, for reasons stated above. bad for the penguins, who i still think have the potential to be a great young team that captures everyone's attention. bad news for the allstar game...i agree with those who think that now that he's injured, a lot of the talk at the asg is going to be about how crosby isn't there rather than about what the players who are there are doing...and that's annoying, i'll admit. oh, and bad news for my fantasy team. s***.

I'm surprised so many people here dislike Crosby. It's not like the Penguins are a rival to the Wings or anything. Yeah he gets a lot of hype, but there's not enough hockey players who get hype nationally, so the league needs Crosby if it ever wants to go anywhere beyond versus.

I'm surprised so many people here dislike Crosby. It's not like the Penguins are a rival to the Wings or anything. Yeah he gets a lot of hype, but there's not enough hockey players who get hype nationally, so the league needs Crosby if it ever wants to go anywhere beyond versus.

see, here's where i disagree with you ... the league needs crosby and alternatives to crosby ... if all the league promotes is "come check out crosby" then people will tune in once, see what all the hype is about, and then most will tune out again, been there, done that ... if they promote a number of top players, with the idea that people should check out the rivalries between them, choose sides, follow the rivalries, etc. i think it would bring people into the game in a more lasting way ... i think this is why so many people object to crosby - it's not actually crosby, but how the league promotes him almost exclusively, as if he's the only player worth talking about ...

Don't get your hopes up, it will be worse now. We will have an up to the second updates about how Crosby's ankle held up during his morning shower, how what he ate for breakfast will help his ankle heal .0954757453543% faster, ect...

No doubt the ASG will be dominated with talk about how Crosby is injured, and what he would have done if he were there, blah freakin' blah... I wouldn't be surprised to see the NHL make Sid the honorary captain.

My sentiments exactly.

"Well, if Crosby were here..."

"Crosby would have does THIS in the shootout competition..."

"And now, while the game continues, let's speak to Sidney Crosby..."

Here's hoping they can get PAST that and actually showcase some other deserving players during the All-Star Weekend. <_<

see, here's where i disagree with you ... the league needs crosby and alternatives to crosby ... if all the league promotes is "come check out crosby" then people will tune in once, see what all the hype is about, and then most will tune out again, been there, done that ... if they promote a number of top players, with the idea that people should check out the rivalries between them, choose sides, follow the rivalries, etc. i think it would bring people into the game in a more lasting way ... i think this is why so many people object to crosby - it's not actually crosby, but how the league promotes him almost exclusively, as if he's the only player worth talking about ...

Still, him being injured is bad for the game. The league's marketing is pathetic as it is, so there's no reason for people to blame Crosby for that. It's not like he should stand up and say "Please stop marketing me, and market someone else". I don't understand how any of this is his fault. If the league is riding him, it isn't because he's asking it to. He's just going out there and doing his job.

Still, him being injured is bad for the game. The league's marketing is pathetic as it is, so there's no reason for people to blame Crosby for that. It's not like he should stand up and say "Please stop marketing me, and market someone else". I don't understand how any of this is his fault. If the league is riding him, it isn't because he's asking it to. He's just going out there and doing his job.

you're right, it isn't his fault at all, but i guess it's the same as with a band whose song gets played over and over ... you just get tired of hearing the damn song and you start to dislike the band for being overplayed, even though it's not their fault, it's the radio station's ...

still, if his injury gives other players an opportunity to step into the spotlight so that the league's PR isn't so one-dimensional, that would be good for the game ...