• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rice

Official: Selanne signs with Ducks

Rate this topic

its weird anyways..Teemu and Niedermayer will play rest of this season and playoffs..then what? End? What's the purpose? If they will not win Cup, and I certainly hope so, they made wrong decision. Ducks can't keep Perry, Getzaf, Selanne and Niedermayer for next season.

its weird anyways..Teemu and Niedermayer will play rest of this season and playoffs..then what? End? What's the purpose? If they will not win Cup, and I certainly hope so, they made wrong decision. Ducks can't keep Perry, Getzaf, Selanne and Niedermayer for next season.

It's almost a given that Scott and Teemu won't be back next year, especially given their waffling towards retirement this year. IF they wanted to, Burke has said he wont let this crap happen next year. Theyve got to make a decision by early July.

This will be Teemu's last hurrah. Scott has one more year left, so he is the one that is almost iffy.

If the Ducks were to win the Cup again this year, then theyre both done. Period. If they dont, Scott is the only one who has to make the decision because he has that one year left. But I think Teemu has said somewhere that this will be the last year.

Man, I know how much people hate the Ducks, but what a line-up.

Perry-Getzlaf-Bertuzzi

Kunitz-Weight-Selanne

Niedermayer-Pahlson-Moen

May-Marchant-Sutherby

Parros

Niedermayer-Pronger

Schnieder-Beauchemin

O'Donnell-Huskins

Giguere

The only flaws I see would be Huskins and Giguere, and since Huskins TOI is low, no damage. And for some reason god only knows, Giguere plays great in the playoffs.

Man, I know how much people hate the Ducks, but what a line-up.

looks really good..on paper. But Weight-Selanne is not going to be like McDonald-Selanne (hopefully :))

Their top line is good, but all teams have good 1st line. Second one is not good at all, Weight is old and can do nothing at even strength. Their most effective line is the one with Sami Pahlsson, this guy was main reason they won the Cup, he absolutely erased Sedins and the Pizza line, he should be Conn Smythe winner for last years playoffs, not Niedermayer. Their defense is best in the league though.

Edited by Reds4Life

Isn't Fabian Brunstrom a free agent? Why aren't we all saying how unethical it would be to sign this kid and add him to our roster? Is it because he's playing in another league? What if Selanne was playing in a beer league somewhere? Joey Kocur was playing in a beer league when the Wings re signed him for the Cup runs. I don't see anybody complaining about us doing that.

Ah, I wasn't aware that Brunstrom spent seven months "contemplating retirement".

Oh wait, he didn't.

It's this whole bulls*** excuse of being "semi-retired" that irks me when it comes to Selanne. Would I give a s*** if Forsberg came back to the Flyers? Nope, his is an injury concern. Did I get pissed off when Cujo went to the Flames? Nope, since he wasn't pulling this "semi-retired" bulls***.

It's not even apples and oranges. It's apples and lawnmowers.

Anyways this is going to be a huge impact on the ducks not to mention the whole league. :thumbup: And will force most teams to start doing something with their lineups.

Edited by Duck Guy

This is bogus....I think it is kind of ridiculous that both Niedermayer and Selanne sit out for half a season and then MAGIC they are back....

It is kind of frustrating, and while I doubt it was planned for a man that whines about people violating him through the system, he found some awfully big loop holes to bring two of the better players in the league on his cap pushing team....

Ah, I wasn't aware that Brunstrom spent seven months "contemplating retirement".

Oh wait, he didn't.

It's this whole bulls*** excuse of being "semi-retired" that irks me when it comes to Selanne. Would I give a s*** if Forsberg came back to the Flyers? Nope, his is an injury concern. Did I get pissed off when Cujo went to the Flames? Nope, since he wasn't pulling this "semi-retired" bulls***.

It's not even apples and oranges. It's apples and lawnmowers.

:clap: good point. That is what makes me mad about these things. THe whole I might retire let me think about it until I know if you'll be in the playoffs thing is what bothers me as well.

It is kind of frustrating, and while I doubt it was planned for a man that whines about people violating him through the system, he found some awfully big loop holes to bring two of the better players in the league on his cap pushing team....

dito.

I'm hating this whiner Burke even more. hope his bunch of goons

will be out of the playoffs as quick as possible. f* untouchable

whiner kissed in the ass by TSN

Let's see what we have here...

Selanne I have no beef with for the most part. He wasn't under contract and signed before the deadline. Perfectly legal. But comparing him to Foppa or Brunnstrom is not right. Foppa is an injury concern. He can't play 100% and stated he won't play until he can. He still must sign before the trade deadline though. Brunnstrom is a free agent who has never played in the league. His rights were never owned, he never laced them up, he is an undrafted rookie.

Neids makes me sick. He was under contract, choose to not live up to the terms of his contract, and then came back. I agree whole heartedly that the Ducks should sustain the full cap hit.

And yes, I think Burke, at least on a passive level, made this happen. He's cock, and even Duck Guy knows this(though he loves him for obvious reasons...).

The league needs to change some rules but they won't as it would turn off casual viewers. Face it, a few more people will watch Ducks games on Vs to see Selanne.

But I was glad to see GS&T call people Homers... it ain;'t a thread 'til that happens... <_<

Isn't Fabian Brunstrom a free agent? Why aren't we all saying how unethical it would be to sign this kid and add him to our roster? Is it because he's playing in another league? What if Selanne was playing in a beer league somewhere? Joey Kocur was playing in a beer league when the Wings re signed him for the Cup runs. I don't see anybody complaining about us doing that.

I said it before, this all smacks of sour grapes from Wings fans who are intimidated by the Ducks getting better. No rules were broken. None of us know what Selanne's situation was. All we believe is what we want to believe. Well, people want to believe it shouldn't take 7 months to figure out your life. So what. Who cares how long we think it should take for somebody to figure their s*** out. Doesn't make us any better than the next guy. As far as i'm concerned the burden of proof is on those who would look down on Selanne without any grounds for their accusations or hypotheses.

So what proof is there that would lead one to believe Selanne is a jerk or a guy of poor character who is screwing over the rest of us by finally coming back?

What right do we have to think there's anything wrong with this? Why is this different than any other player signing, like us maybe signing Brunsstrom or Forsberg? I haven't seen anyone say we shouldn't sign Forsberg because of the reasons they're using against Selanne.

edited for length. hell, even I can't read that much bulls***

For f***'s sake... don't you ever get tired of whining?

As an aside you aren't nearly as cool as Unagi.

This still leaves Anaheim enough cap space to trade for Sundin without dropping a roster player.

Have you heard any rumors on what that price might be? Im imagining Ryan, a 1st, and a 3rd maybe?

Have you heard any rumors on what that price might be? Im imagining Ryan, a 1st, and a 3rd maybe?

i would rather have Ryan then Sundin but thats just me.. I dont see ducks going for sundin anyways. <_<

i would rather have Ryan then Sundin but thats just me.. I dont see ducks going for sundin anyways. <_<

Oh as would i, i was just throwing that out there as it seems like Ryan would be the obvious target. Plus theyve got the extra picks from Edmonton. I dont know...i could really see that happening. It would be tough to part with Ryan, but adding Sundin to that lineup would be huge.

I think Sundin will either go to Anaheim or to Philly ( who would then sign Forsberg). I read they might be offering Jeff Carter and a 1st for him.

:lol:

but fwiw, i thought unagi was a tool.

Of course he was, and that comes with being a Kings fan. But at least it gave him an excuse rather than parading around as Lord of Wing Fans and vanquisher of all evil homers. It's lame. Particularly on a website named as LetsGoWings.