• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

irishtemper14+25

Forsberg rejects Stars, Wings, Flames

Rate this topic

I can agree about the injury prone thing. To me, signing him at this point would just mean holding my breath every game hoping he didn't hurt himself. My ulcer doesn't need that.

I'm glad Floppa isnt coming. We dont need an injury prone forward.

You do mean ANOTHER one because Zetas back has been just about as stable has floppa ankle recently. You can't accuse one and then omit the other... especially since they are both swedes.. maybe its somehting in their water.

You do mean ANOTHER one because Zetas back has been just about as stable has floppa ankle recently. You can't accuse one and then omit the other... especially since they are both swedes.. maybe its somehting in their water.

Z's bad back doesnt have anything on the injury list Floppa has had for his career. A back is tricky, it can go any time. Floppa has had groin, abdominal, foot/ankle injuries. I'd stay away from that at all costs.

Z's bad back doesnt have anything on the injury list Floppa has had for his career. A back is tricky, it can go any time. Floppa has had groin, abdominal, foot/ankle injuries. I'd stay away from that at all costs.

Who hasn't had a groin injury on our team? and wouldn't a tricky back be somewhat MORE of a concern as it can and HAS gone out for no reason at all... where as the other injuries you are describing you kinda need to do something to injure them repeatedly.

I'm glad Floppa isnt coming. We dont need an injury prone forward.

I agree. It's why I'm preplexed at everyone wanting Dmac on our playoff roster.

I agree. It's why I'm preplexed at everyone wanting Dmac on our playoff roster.

A question for those much wiser than I, in hockey is the playoff roster set at the beginning and doesn't change (besides scratches and what not) or is it like Baseball where you can change it every round?

Don't want McCarty either. If we're going to get an old player, go get Shanahan out of New York.

You mean this shanahan? Day-to-Day as of Feb 3, 2008 (Hip/knee/groin/hamstring)

Doesn't that go against your reasoning for floppa?

You mean this shanahan? Day-to-Day as of Feb 3, 2008 (Hip/knee/groin/hamstring)

Doesn't that go against your reasoning for floppa?

Pretty much. Didnt read the injury report out of New York before I posted.

I have no problem with people not wanting him in Detroit due to the old rivalry. It's sort of nuts but I can deal w/ it. That's what being a fan is all about, I suppose. There are no rules saying you have to be rational.

What I have a problem with is wishing him injury, misery, or eternal torment for the same reason. I just don't get why some people think it's dandy to say, "I hope someone breaks his ankle". I mean, I wouldn't reply to a debate on these boards with "I hope someone runs over your puppy." Some things are just sort of repugnant.

Agreed on the injury part for sure, that's silly to put it mildly. Probably a safe bet though that it's nothing more than popping off at the mouth vs. actually want someone to be seriously injured, although with some you never really know.....

As far as to join or not to join due to nothing more than the rivalry, it's not really that crazy to me. That's the only reason I've seen actually reported as to why he doesn't want to join the Wings. I think it's kinda cool. I don't like basically being "forced" to root for someone I don't care for because their on the Wings. And i like it when they don't want to come here. Others would sell their soul for a Cup, and some others like change for the sake of change. IMO the Wings stand as good of a shot right now as anyone with or without Forsberg on either side.

Forsberg told the wings no, he felt he would be a traitor to the avs after the heated rivalry

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20...rigger_man.html

I want to know why in the hell this guy crosses the Wings off the list because of the OLD rivalry, yet he considers to sign with the Canucks.... I have news for the Swede, the Avs don't really care about the rivalry with the Wings anymore. I think he'd be more of a traitor if he signed with the Canucks (although I doubt he will) than if he signed with the Wings. I'm pretty sure majority of the Colorado fans would say the same too.

I want to know why in the hell this guy crosses the Wings off the list because of the OLD rivalry, yet he considers to sign with the Canucks.... I have news for the Swede, the Avs don't really care about the rivalry with the Wings anymore. I think he'd be more of a traitor if he signed with the Canucks (although I doubt he will) than if he signed with the Wings. I'm pretty sure majority of the Colorado fans would say the same too.

Agreed. Yes, when I look back on those old DVD's of mine, the blood gets going again. But thats a memory. The Wings Av's Rivalry was amazing, but its done. 96-02.

The Canucks and Av's, while not rivals like the Wings and Av's of old, are in fact rivals based on divisional play. I head all this talk about how Naslund and Forsberg are such good budies, but still. Are they closer friends than he is with any of our Swedes?

The guy has 15 points in 17 games with Nashville. Obviously he can still contribute, IF he is healthy. Wings management must have thought he was worth something or they wouldn't have talked to him. He turns us down, oh well.

I never really liked the guy anyway, but then again I never liked Bertuzzi and I was willing to give him a chance if he would help us win a cup. I just want to win this year!

I head all this talk about how Naslund and Forsberg are such good budies, but still. Are they closer friends than he is with any of our Swedes?

I vaguely remember someone on here saying something about how Forsberg really doesn't have any Swedish friends on the Wings, but I'm not sure who. I agree with you though. I just figure that a person like Nick and Forsberg would have about the same ties as Forsberg and Naslund. I'd think the same could be said for Lidstrom and Naslund. Oh well, Forsberg's loss for not wanting to join the best team in the league.