• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

irishtemper14+25

Forsberg rejects Stars, Wings, Flames

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson
Why don't this s***bag just sign with the divealanche already, so things can go back to normal?

He should just go back to CO and get it over with.

Chea, cuz Floppa really helped out Nashville last season in the playoffs

I wouldnt be surprised if the teams they "rejected" had told them that the supposed salary demands were too high, then taking on the scorned child attitude, they said 'We dont want to play for you"

Not to extend this thread because there's already one out there with this information, but there is absolutely no comparison between the Ducks this year and the Predators last year. If Forsberg joined them, regardless of the games not being played on paper, they are terrifying.

You're on drugs. Last years Duckies were one of the elite teams in the league. This year they are just another mediocre team fighting to make the playoffs.

Terrifying? Seriously? They have given up more goals than they scored. Defense? #18 in the league. And ankle surgery Foppa is gonna help them? You mean if he finds a skate that won't agravate either of his surgically repaired ankles.

Now you are going to tell me that that doesn't matter and they will get better when Nieds returns. Well they are 1-6 in their last 7 games. Maybe when Selanne returns. Or wait, maybe when they get Foppa, or maybe when....

I see Foppa going to flyers. Not to ducks, ducks need to focus on resigning perry and not focus on signing a washed up injury prone Forsberg.

Edited by Duck Guy

I wouldnt be surprised if the teams they "rejected" had told them that the supposed salary demands were too high, then taking on the scorned child attitude, they said 'We dont want to play for you"

This was my thought exactly. I would be surprised if the Flames were interested in Forsberg. We need a player we know is going to be around for an extended playoff run (should that happen). We already have some older players (Nolan) and don't need more. It will be interesting to see if the Flames have anything to say about this report.

Guest jaytan
:lol: I love how some washed-up loser who nobody should want is going around rejecting Cup contenders. At least he saved us the trouble of dealing with his burden. And he says it's down to Colorado (who probably will miss the playoffs) and Philly (who probably will get bounced in the first round IF they make it). It's obviously all about cash to this bum, so don't expect any drive or passion if his ankle survives more than a couple of shifts. :D

This is good news to me. We don't need him. To be quite honest, our team doesn't need anybody. What's wrong with the team that's out there that has 86 points in 55 games? We don't need any hasbeens on this team. I prefer our group of youngsters now, who work their ass off every game.

Edited by aflac9262

(Shanahan, Fedorov, Lapointe)

If someone skipped to the last page and read those three players, they would think you were being sarcastic.

Yzerman, Lidstrom, Draper, Holmstrom, those would have been good choices.

eh, his loss. Guess he doesnt want a cup. We would have had to overpay anyways, and my bet is that his career is pretty much done. What was he to Nashville last year? not a lot...

I would only worry if Anaheim gets a hold of him. They also have that first round pick from Edmonton from Penner last year.

P.S. Who the hell is Kevin Lowe working for anyways? Burke says he hates him, but he should be thanking the man for basically giving him Pronger, and if they can use that pick to get someone like Sundin at the deadline, it looks like thanks to KLowe, the Ducks will have 2 cups. What an idiot.

Guest Jeremy88
That is the stupidest thing I've read on here in a long time.

Oh wait...you are being sarcastic

History means nothing. Forsberg, Neidermeyer, Selanne, Pronger, Giguere, and Getzlaf would be a very very intimidating team.

History means nothing. Forsberg, Neidermeyer, Selanne, Pronger, Giguere, and Getzlaf would be a very very intimidating team.

so is datsyuk, zetterburg, lidstrom, rafalski, hasek/osgood, holmstrom, cleary ... let's not give them the cup just yet ...

The Ducks of 07/08 resemble the Avs of 03/04...

Sakic, Tanguay, Hejduk, Forsberg, Blake, Selanne, Kariya, Foote... What did they do? NOTHING. Ladies and gentlemen, chemistry wins cups, not lousy fantasy teams on paper. Being the only dominant team in the regular season is not a fluke, and this season is our best chance to win the cup since 01/02, regardless of not signing Forsberg, Sundin, Hossa, whoever... Bottom line, we are an amazing team, with the team we have. No significant changes need to be made... AT ALL.

It's been reported in many media outlets that he'll be going back to Philly anyway. Let him reside in the east.

Please no... the flyers are growing on me. I'd hate for that to come to a screeching halt and lose interest in my only regular hockey feed.

Edit:: Where's the merge of the 2 or 3 forsberg threads?

Edited by vangvace

Please no... the flyers are growing on me. I'd hate for that to come to a screeching halt and lose interest in my only regular hockey feed.

Edit:: Where's the merge of the 2 or 3 forsberg threads?

But I mean they have Downie, shouldnt that be a halt already?

Who does Floppa think he is Roger Clements???? Well..... I guess its time to go play, now that the rest of the team has gotten my old dried up ass into a playoff spot!!! Honestly I wouldn't be suprised if he goes back to Colorado, they are banged up big time and they could use a old friend to help out!!

Is this even supposed to be attributed to him as the reason?

The longtime Colorado Avalanche star apparently would feel somewhat like a traitor if he joined his former club's one-time arch-rival.

Or is that just Ansar Khan speculating?

All we know for sure is Detroit isn't on his short list.

This is great news! One of the best rejections ever possible. :clap:

My sympathies to the unlucky team that Forsberg doesn't reject, and ends up playing five games with, before breaking a fingernail and sitting out the rest of the season.

Edited by GoWings1905