• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

irishtemper14+25

Forsberg rejects Stars, Wings, Flames

Rate this topic

So he's a joke for feeling like he'd be a traitor signing with the Wings? I don't blame him for a second. Good for him to think that way. You'd all feel the same if one of our long time Wings signed with the Avs, or any team who's been a big rival of ours.

Again, he's following the money. He knows Holland isn't stupid enough to give him the deal he wants, and he also knows that even if he were to sign with the Wings, the city of Detroit would eat him alive for sitting out 1.5 years of his contract with injuries.

Edited by Dabura

are you freaking kidding me,....I'm on the minority but i wanted a guy we wouldn't have to give up anything to get,....i hope he doesn't come back at all,..loser.

Are you kidding me? He gave one of the best reasons not to go to a team any player could have. I've always had a dislike for Forsberg, but I respect him for having principles in this.

Whiners are just sounding like sore, arrogant losers who didn't get our way and we should respect his decision.

I love how everyone is giggling about how Floppa "won't be getting a Cup" because he's not with Detroit, when we've been a laughing stock for the past years in the playoffs.

Yeah, I think it would have been too weird to have ForeSkin on this team. And yes, he obviously had the same feelings. For those of you that didn't experience that intense rivalry, too bad as it was awesome. It would be nice to grab a player that would not take some assets off the table, but that is the way it goes.

Edited by Vladiator

Yeah, I think it would have been too weird to have ForeSkin on this team. And yes, he obviously had the same feelings. For those of you that didn't experience that intense rivalry, too bad as it was awesome. It would be nice to grab a player that would not take some assets off the table, but that is the way it goes.

To be fair, he wasn't as much of a creep as say Claude or Patty Roy.

I love how everyone is giggling about how Floppa "won't be getting a Cup" because he's not with Detroit, when we've been a laughing stock for the past years in the playoffs.

Well it is true, now he won't :P

Yeah, we've been a laughing stock because pretty much every team in the league has outperformed the Wings in the postseason over the past sixteen seasons since the playoff streak started?

Wait, what's that you say? The Wings have won three Cups in that time span, matched only by New Jersey?

Well, then other teams must have won two Cups and went to the finals several times, correct?

Hmm...Pittsburgh and Colorado are the only other multiple winners? And you say neither lost in the finals in that span?

So what I'm hearing is that the Wings, who are 3-1 in the Cup finals in the past sixteen playoffs, who have the most Cup wins and Finals appearances, tied with jersey, are laughingstocks?

The most successful franchise of the recent past is laughed at, you say?

I'd hate to hear what the rest of the league is being called.

You're on drugs. Last years Duckies were one of the elite teams in the league. This year they are just another mediocre team fighting to make the playoffs.

Terrifying? Seriously? They have given up more goals than they scored. Defense? #18 in the league. And ankle surgery Foppa is gonna help them? You mean if he finds a skate that won't agravate either of his surgically repaired ankles.

Now you are going to tell me that that doesn't matter and they will get better when Nieds returns. Well they are 1-6 in their last 7 games. Maybe when Selanne returns. Or wait, maybe when they get Foppa, or maybe when....

You're right, I must be on drugs [/sarcasm]. BTW, can you tell me which team has the best record in the playoffs since 2003?

I'll give you a hint, its not the Wings. Instead of looking at the standings and making comments solely based on them, you might want to take a look at the core of the team, and the way they step up in the playoffs. It's the same crap some fans here spew about Giguere. We hear stuff about how he's the Michelin Man and how gets blown out one night every two months. The truth of the matter is the guy is an absolute beast come playoff time and simply shuts teams down.

18 ranked defese? Again, look past the freakin' numbers and actually analyze why they're where they are. To begin the season Nieds wasn't there and Schneider was hurt.

Time to step away from the NHL.com stat machine and start learning the game.

That's why I am almost as happy with every Ducks' loss as I am with a Red Wings' win -- As much as I like a good game in the playoffs as a fan, I do not want the torment of a playoff series against the Ducks. If they make it, I know they will step it up big time.

That's why I am almost as happy with every Ducks' loss as I am with a Red Wings' win -- As much as I like a good game in the playoffs as a fan, I do not want the torment of a playoff series against the Ducks. If they make it, I know they will step it up big time.

Exactly!

I don't know why some people simply look at the standings and the NHL.com stat tracker and assume it tells the entire tale of a team. It's beyond far from the truth.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Exactly!

I don't know why some people simply look at the standings and the NHL.com stat tracker and assume it tells the entire tale of a team. It's beyond far from the truth.

Amen. You'd think after watching hockey for so long, it would become obvious to analysts (and fans) that the better team does not always win, and the stats from three years ago hardly ever have any relevance to a 7 game playoff series that could go either way.

That's what I love about hockey, upsets are almost the rule.

I have to say I am happy he is not going to be in the winged wheel because I don't really believe he is healthy, having said that, I would have loved to have a 100% healthy Forsberg on this team!!

Playing for detroit means living in detroit/michigan.... i don't blame players one bit for passing us by! Michigan sucks ass! regardless of how well our hockey team is playing.

Exactly!

Amen.

Red Wing's President's Trophy wins:

'95 Lost in SC Final

'96 Lost in Conference Final

'02 Won Stanley Cup

'04 Lost in Conference Semi

'06 Lost in 1st round

1996 is also the year the Wings set the record for most regular season wins with 62. Yet they lost in the Conference final to arch enemy Colorado.

I'm definitely not saying the Wings are going to lose, but regular season domination does not equal the Stanley Cup. We've seen that several times now. Yes this team is really good, but they can still be better. As much as I don't like the guy, if Forsberg were healthy and would play in Detroit, I'd want him on the team come playoff time. The guy is a postseason beast.

Yeah, we've been a laughing stock because pretty much every team in the league has outperformed the Wings in the postseason over the past sixteen seasons since the playoff streak started?

Wait, what's that you say? The Wings have won three Cups in that time span, matched only by New Jersey?

Well, then other teams must have won two Cups and went to the finals several times, correct?

Hmm...Pittsburgh and Colorado are the only other multiple winners? And you say neither lost in the finals in that span?

So what I'm hearing is that the Wings, who are 3-1 in the Cup finals in the past sixteen playoffs, who have the most Cup wins and Finals appearances, tied with jersey, are laughingstocks?

The most successful franchise of the recent past is laughed at, you say?

I'd hate to hear what the rest of the league is being called.

I was moreso referring to being swept by the Ducks and so on, not 16 years ago.

Hell, wasn't a tag line for a post season here "One round is not enough"?

Edited by Jocu

f*** him, I hope when and if he signs, someone takes a wack at his ankle. That, or doesnt win a cup, oh wait, he cant since he isnt signing with us.

Hahaha! Best post I've read about this whole garbage.

I couldn't care less that Mr.Glass doesn't want to play with us. He wants a multi-year contract and knowing his injury prone past, he's not worth it.

Whichever team 'wins' him, is going to be hurt by him more than help. I don't see him playing more than 10 games total this year.

I love how there are threads with people bitching about Downie, Boulerice or even Clarke back in the day and how thuggish they are, but yet the classy wings fans say "Break some one's ankle!!!!!"

Sorta glad that he has forced the issue. I was almost tempted that the Wings snag him just because of the name. But I have a feeling history will repeat itself with his injury problems. Making Kenny now look else where I believe will help the Wings in the long run.