• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

irishtemper14+25

Forsberg rejects Stars, Wings, Flames

Rate this topic

that news made my day. i would have been absolutely furious beyond belief if that p.o.s. ever suited up for the winged wheel. the only place i want to see him go is hell.

Guest LivingtheDream
If he's going to act like a baby, i don't want the baby playing on the Wings

Yea, and how many times can this guy sit out the entire season and come in fresh as a god damn daisy for the playoffs. It really isn't fair and I thought the league was going to revisit this sort of thing. Either you are in or you are out! Grrrrrrrrr

If I learned anything from Bertuzzi it is that I hate having to root for people I don't like. Now I don't have to make that compromise for this dick.

My thoughts exactly. :thumbup:

I don't blame him for refusing the Wings. I'd want Draper, Maltby, or any other Wing from that era to tell Colorado or Dallas to piss off as well. Nothing wrong with having loyalty to an organization, it's part of what made/makes Stevie Y and Lidstrom the great guys that they are.

Yea, and how many times can this guy sit out the entire season and come in fresh as a god damn daisy for the playoffs. It really isn't fair and I thought the league was going to revisit this sort of thing. Either you are in or you are out! Grrrrrrrrr

Yeah really. It's really rude of him to do this in the midst of the trade deadline. For someone of his stature to just say to his agent "Hey, here is a list of demands. Get me the best deal you can get." knowing very well teams will be willing to pay more at the deadline. And for him to already have his mind made up before he makes every GM suck up to him.

I just think that is a really rude thing to do no matter how much of a hockey great you are. If HE approached the team he wanted to play for and gave them a list of demands, that would have been more acceptable. But this is just a ridiculous ticker tape parade for Forsberg.

If he doesn't decide this week it will be even worse. No GM is going to make a move on any trade.

The regular season DOES mean something. A big something.. and Forsberg is just insulting it.

Well, Forsberg isn't going to Calgary, Pittsburgh, Dallas or San Jose either. He has NOT denied Anaheim yet. This concerns me as they are probably Detroits biggest threat.

Here is the article:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=229000&hubname=

I hope he goes to Colorado. Anywhere but Anaheim. How much more money under the cap can Anaheim be anyways. Christ!

Expected '07-08 Upper Limit Charge 50,193,061

Projected Payroll Room 3,879,439

Expected '08-09 Upper Limit Charge 49,180,000 (ANAHEIM'S numbers) from NHL cap space website

Edited by Duck Guy

So he's a joke for feeling like he'd be a traitor signing with the Wings? I don't blame him for a second. Good for him to think that way. You'd all feel the same if one of our long time Wings signed with the Avs, or any team who's been a big rival of ours.

Oh well. Didn't want him anyway.

Other articles:

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/det080206.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/post/Fo...F?urn=nhl,65425

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index.php?op...rs&Itemid=9

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=229000&hubname=nhl

It's so hard trying to type with all the tears in my eyes. As long as he doesn't go to the Ducks, which isn't likely, I'll be ok.

One last try........................Please come to Detroit Mr. Forsberg.............please..................

..............................please.......................please..............

So he's a joke for feeling like he'd be a traitor signing with the Wings? I don't blame him for a second. Good for him to think that way. You'd all feel the same if one of our long time Wings signed with the Avs, or any team who's been a big rival of ours.

Oh well. Didn't want him anyway.

No, he's being rude for making such a splash at an important time for the entire NHL. No team is going to trade with another team trying to get some draft picks and prospects if they have a chance to get Forsberg for free.

So nobody has made a move yet because Forsberg is leading everyone on to get the most money out of the team he wants to play for and catch a bunch of fame in the process.

I think what he is doing is really selfish. Mlive said he might not make a deal for another couple of weeks. I don't know whether it is his agent and the hype system in the NHL but at the end of the day he is the player that controls all of that.

You'd never see a famous Red Wing player make such a hoopla, (Shanahan, Fedorov, Lapointe) they are bigger than that. And look at Rob Blake, he came right out and shot down all the rumors by saying he wants to help build LA into a competitive team a few days ago.

It's just a little selfish and doesn't set a good example for younger players who look up to him. He could get just as much by going up to a team w/o the media and saying "hey, I hurt my foot but I'm getting better. I want to play for you guys and here is what I want."

You'd never see a famous Red Wing player make such a hoopla, (Shanahan, Fedorov, Lapointe)

are we talking about the same Fedorov who wasn't able to be a man a tell Holland he does

not want to stay in Detroit but is looking for a deal with another team? which resulted in

Wings fans being cheated and Sergei going to Ducks for the same money Wings offered

him after months of talks and promises?

sorry, but this certainly does read "hoopla" in my book :(

although I do agree, I'm fed up with endless debates "will Floppa play or will he not".

I understand he's foot problems but going through this stuff year after year is just...

bad taste

The Nashville Predators are officially out of the running, as the Tennessean reported Wednesday that general manager David Poile said that Forsberg had passed on a deal with the team.

Forsberg finished the season with Nashville last year after being acquired in a trade with the Philadelphia Flyers.

The Dallas Stars are also out of the running. Co-general manager Les Jackson said Tuesday that he spoke with Forsberg's representatives Friday.

"They called back (on Saturday) and said he was going to pursue other options," Jackson told The Dallas Morning News. "I think we made a good effort, but now we move on."

Reports out of Detroit say Forsberg has also turned down the Red Wings while the San Jose Sharks, Pittsburgh Penguins and Calgary Flames have also been told that he won't be playing for their teams.

The Philadelphia Flyers and Colorado Avalanche are frontrunners for Forsberg's services, while the Anaheim Ducks, Ottawa Senators and Vancouver Canucks remain in the hunt.

Guest Jeremy88

If Forsberg goes to Anaheim, every other team can say goodbye to their chance at winning the cup

are we talking about the same Fedorov who wasn't able to be a man a tell Holland he does

not want to stay in Detroit but is looking for a deal with another team? which resulted in

Wings fans being cheated and Sergei going to Ducks for the same money Wings offered

him after months of talks and promises?

ahh I didn't remember that one. I remember there were rumors he wanted to leave and then he was gone! I don't know what happened with Shanahan. I know Lapointe wanted to leave. I got a little carried away when I compared to redwing players. Even though I still don't see Fedorov making such a splash if in Forsberg's position. Maybe that is because he isn't as big of a player.

Still something doesn't set well with his antics and the fact that he hasn't played at all this year and expects teams to roll out the red carpet. It's something you hope doesn't happen every season at this time of year, that's for sure.

Chea, cuz Floppa really helped out Nashville last season in the playoffs

Not to extend this thread because there's already one out there with this information, but there is absolutely no comparison between the Ducks this year and the Predators last year. If Forsberg joined them, regardless of the games not being played on paper, they are terrifying.

Good!

I still have that bitter hate for Avalanche and that will never change, I have too much unpleasant history with him

We don't need a guy who could go down any minute, which he basically does

If the ducks get him I wouldn't panic, Wings got the hunger for the cup this year

Ducks won it last year, I just do not think they will have that sime kind of itch to win it all again

Its how teams like Calgary in 2004 and Edmonton in 2006 beat us (excluding Ducks in 03 due to Giggy)

Those 2 teams were giving it their all, totally hungary for the cup

This year I believe Wings are more itchy then the Ducks, and that says alot....

if Forsberg goes to Ducks, they are seriously ecked for the future. They have to consider unloading Nidermayer AND Selanne after this season just so they can re-sign corey perry. How are they going to fit in Forsberg's next season 5 million commitment?

well maybe they can do what they have done already, place Bertuzzi or Schneider on waiver. Very nice way to attract future free agents I have to say.

Anyway Forsberg is going to either Colorado or Flyers. I think it is going to be with Dives, since Flyers will have to do some major overhaul to their line up to accomodate him. (their current cap is at around 56 million) He will probably want to gothere to finish his career and have his jersey go up in rafter.

Edited by Yemack